Widgets Magazine
Page 297 of 455 FirstFirst ... 197247292293294295296297298299300301302347397 ... LastLast
Results 7,401 to 7,425 of 11357

Thread: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Hospitalizations and deaths are daily numbers.

I say this with all due respect: you need to seriously consider ceasing to post on this thread.
    The daily number of positive test really mean much. First they are not really daily some could of gotten tested over a week ago and deaths are not really daily either Are some people not dying weeks ago and then being added? Sorry for having a different point of view as everyone else . Oh and for all you experts explain to me how Hospitalization have gone UP like you people claim in the last 2 months. July 24th 625 in the Hospital. Oct 2 655. How many cases have we had in those 2 1/2 months? If you want to call that UP then go right ahead. More steady and flat in my book.

Heaven for bid we questions the numbers. Everything is prefect. All the test are perfect. The only reason they are in the Hospital is covid. Maybe they went to the Hospital for something else and tested positive for covid while there. OH MY Every think about that. No cause that would be a different point of view which is a no no.

Pretty crazy that trump has Covid. I mean, it’s not unexpected given his lax precautions around people. However, to have the US president come down with this is not good. He’s technically supposed to be one of the most protected people on the planet. Sounds like he is symptomatic too. Not good especially for somebody his age...and physique.

Also, it’s interesting that they gave him an experimental treatment and that they flew him to the hospital as opposed to driving him. The experimental drug is particularly concerning for a US president to be taking.

Trump is at serious risk of dying. I don't believe he will, because he will receive the best medical care of anyone on earth. However, even with all of what he will receive, he could die. I really, really hope he doesn't. I hope he lives. But, I hope he tells the truth, for once, to Americans about how awful this virus is, and I hope that his 39% to 40% of voter admirers listen, because I don't want them to get sick either. And, I want our country to return to some semblance of normal. I don't want our small businesses to die. I want to imagine a future in which I'm participating in our city, state, nation, and world.

This evening, I went to Myriad Gardens with my daughter for a walk. Great weather. I was astonished with the beautiful plantings. I admired our city's skyline. And, I got depressed. Depressed because this **** is getting old. I'm sad for the employees of the airlines who are losing their jobs. I'm sad for the girl at my grocery store who has a young child and is always so nice to me, putting herself at risk of infection every day she goes to work. I'm sad for the people who have lost their jobs, or worry they may soon lose their jobs. So, yes, I had a nice time in a special place in a city I love, and it was great to see people, but I couldn't ignore the fact that our world is stilted until we get this under control.

I'm motherfocking sick of this. We CAN control this.. Seriously, FOCK everyone here arguing stupid metrics, making excuses, and filibustering with specious online sophistry. PLEASE. STOP. I know you're a Lee Greenwood gosh darn AMURICAN, but you are dragging this out and making it worse. PLEASE. STOP.

I hope our president doesn't die, as irresponsible as he is and has been. I want my city back. I want my life back.

5. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

^
    So far the reports I've seen say Trump is only experiencing a fever and some minor breathing issues. If so that's about what I had. And even my lingering effects are fading. I hope and pray that his case goes just like that. And that all the other staff and reporters that are testing positive all come out asymptomatic or only mildly symptomatic with no complications.

If everyone would just distance and wear masks this could be ending.

It seems that symptoms ramp up in the first few days of showing them. Trump has a couple symptoms in the first days. He will be getting the best care in the world; so he will probably be fine. But there is still a chance it turns for the worst.

I agree with SoonerGuru, I hope he takes it seriously after this. Unfortunately, I doubt he will as I'm looking at Stitt's response.

7. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Here's an interesting history of the 1918 flu pandemic in OKC.

https://www.metrolibrary.org/archive...-oklahoma-city

1,189 new cases today; 7-day rolling average is 1,034.

7 additional deaths.

Hospitalizations are 655, +32. The all-time high is 663 on 7/28.

161 new cases in OK County.

Just an article to remind why COVID-19 should still be taken seriously, even though President Trump and others did not.

https://www.koco.com/article/expert-...eases/34230117

10. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    1,189 new cases today; 7-day rolling average is 1,034.

7 additional deaths.

Hospitalizations are 655, +32. The all-time high is 663 on 7/28.

161 new cases in OK County.
    The hospitalizations are very concerning. I wish people would do what we need to do to turn the trend around.

Trump condition said to be "very concerning."

https://apnews.com/article/election-...011307cf23dc8d

12. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Not surprisingly confusing. This story is about Trump and those "very concerning vitals" in the last 24 hours. Then it goes on to say he was on oxygen, no wait, he was not on oxygen. It also says he has been fever free for 24 hours. And that he's in good spirits. I guess we'll know in a few days.

https://koco.com/article/president-t...243931?src=app

This shouldn't surprise anyone.

We still don't know the real reason for his emergency hospital trip a couple of years ago.

If he does take a bad turn, there are enough bad leaks that the press will know, one way or another.

The leak came from his chief of staff. The doctors appear to be putting a rosy patina on everything.

Also, they unwittingly admitted he has known he had it since Wednesday, meaning he went to events in multiple states Wednesday and Thursday, exposing hundreds of people, all while knowing he was sick and not wearing a mask.

I'm sure those big-money Republican donors in New Jersey are seething right now.

Went to OUHSC today at 1 PM
    They stuck a thing up my nose
    Results back at 8 PM
    --> Not Detected

Such a relief

Quote Originally Posted by Bits_Of_Real_Panther View Post
    Results back at 8 PM
    --> Not Detected

Such a relief
    Congrats!

^ ^ Same here.... Not Detected. Had mine done back on 9/3 after a coworker came up positive. We have a wellness clinic coming up on the 15th at work and I going to do it again, along with the flu shot.

18. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Results back at 8 PM
    --> Not Detected

Such a relief
    Very good!

569 new cases today. 7-day rolling average is 998.

138 cases in OK County which as a percentage of the state (24%) is the highest in weeks.

1 more reported death.

Have there been any anecdotal improvements in mask wearing since the hospitalization of a certain prominent figure?

22. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Quote Originally Posted by d-usa View Post
    Have there been any anecdotal improvements in mask wearing since the hospitalization of a certain prominent figure?
    I haven't been out but I would doubt it. He looked fine last night in his video. And I haven't heard anything about Mrs Trump or any of the staff or journalists being symptomatic. If that's the case this could be a big plus for the side of "it's really not that bad". And they don't need any help.

We on the side of "this horrible virus sucks and I want it gone" are the ones that seem to need help convincing everyone to stop the virus.

That’s too bad about the student. Really sad and truly a statistical anomaly.

Hard to imagine how a young and healthy kid could pass away so quickly. I suspect the lifestyles that fraternity members live would be conducive to high viral loads.

Quote Originally Posted by C_M_25 View Post
    That’s too bad about the student. Really sad and truly a statistical anomaly.

Hard to imagine how a young and healthy kid could pass away so quickly. I suspect the lifestyles that fraternity members live would be conducive to high viral loads.
    So tired of this. The reason it is uncommon is because universities closed in March and students were isolated. It will be more common now that school is in-person.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    So tired of this. The reason it is uncommon is because universities closed in March and students were isolated. It will be more common now that school is in-person.
    this is not statistically correct

Thread Information