Widgets Magazine
Page 339 of 455 FirstFirst ... 239289334335336337338339340341342343344389439 ... LastLast
Results 8,451 to 8,475 of 11357

Thread: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

"It restricts my breathing, but will cover the cough" Ah nope not a good answer. Works about as good as one that over covers the lower lip or chin.

https://oklahoman.com/article/567700...ng-in-oklahoma

But we have bed capacity so we are fine.

Quote Originally Posted by d-usa View Post

In a shortage of water, the local fire department has permitted the use of gasoline to assist in wildfires, in only a last resort measure of course.

5. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Her last line was. "I didn't believe my opinion of this governor could drop any lower, but it has". This is my feeling exactly! The Stitts go to our church at least part of time time and I used to feel good when I would see him. Now when we do get to go back I hope to never see him again. I might throw something.

6. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Well, this is where we are mentally in our house. I came home to my wife sweating and shivering and completely freaking out. Her boss had left this afternoon to go to the ER. She thought he must have COVID and felt like she was developing symptoms too. So then I freaked out. So we had two people going completely crazy. Then she got a text from the boss saying it was an allergic reaction to a new diabetes med he started yesterday and he's fine. Took us a couple hours and a couple stiff drinks to come back down. I REALLY hate this #%*+.

7. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Quote Originally Posted by d-usa View Post

It's OK. All those health care workers want nothing more than to be buried in Covid patients.

Very pleasantly surprised to see this opinion piece by Congressman Frank Lucas, a pretty conservative guy. He basically takes Stitt behind the woodshed without mentioning him by name. But, it's clear who he is speaking to as he issues a challenge for "state leadership" on COVID-19, including a mask mandate.

https://oklahoman.com/article/567689...ahoma-must-act

I need to go in and have a CBC test (blood draw) , but reading about how nurses who are positive are still going in to work has me slamming on the brakes....
    I usually see the nurse and then get a blood draw.

I dont want to be in this situation!

10. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Quote Originally Posted by Bits_Of_Real_Panther View Post
    I need to go in and have a CBC test (blood draw) , but reading about how nurses who are positive are still going in to work has me slamming on the brakes....
    I usually see the nurse and then get a blood draw.

I dont want to be in this situation!
    Ask before you see someone. Are any Covid positive people still working here? You aren't asking for names, just clinic policy.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Very pleasantly surprised to see this opinion piece by Congressman Frank Lucas, a pretty conservative guy. He basically takes Stitt behind the woodshed without mentioning him by name. But, it's clear who he is speaking to as he issues a challenge for "state leadership" on COVID-19, including a mask mandate.

https://oklahoman.com/article/567689...ahoma-must-act
    His district is quite rural. If Stillwater Medical Center represents most Oklahoma rural hospitals by being full of patients in the covid ward with some waiting in the emergency room for a bed, then maybe the heads of such hospitals should try pleading to the governor to institute a state wide mask requirement. But their local city councils need to listen to them, too. I can't comprehend why local city councils would not listen, unless they're afraid of a recall vote. The entire Stillwater City Council wasn't afraid of that.

3,732 new cases, 7 day average up to yet another high.

16 deaths
    1,604 hospitalizations
    432 in ICU

We're still heading up, and Thanksgiving is going to make the next couple weeks even worse

3,724 new cases today; 7-day rolling average now 3,274, a new all-time high.

16 additional deaths; 7-day rolling average 15.7 down from yesterday'2 17.1 which was an all-time high.

Hospitializations are 1,604 (+38), an all-time high.

ICU is 432 (-14); down from the all-time high of 450 a few days ago.

I just found out my friend of 24 years passed away from the damn virus today, we always go to Thunder-Magic games every year since the Thunder moved here and now it will not be the same anymore without my friend who is a Thunder fan and I am a Magic fan, it really hurts and it sucks, damn you virus!

15. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

So in just the last couple days I've learned of a high school classmate that died of the virus and a daughter of another classmate that is in ICU and not doing well. I feel really bad for the mother classmate because she's one of thought pretty that life has just crapped on in general and now this. And yet I keep hearing commercials and such for normal events and such as life just going on as usual because "it's important that life goes on". Except of course for those that the virus changes forever or ends life for.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    His district is quite rural. If Stillwater Medical Center represents most Oklahoma rural hospitals by being full of patients in the covid ward with some waiting in the emergency room for a bed, then maybe the heads of such hospitals should try pleading to the governor to institute a state wide mask requirement. But their local city councils need to listen to them, too. I can't comprehend why local city councils would not listen, unless they're afraid of a recall vote. The entire Stillwater City Council wasn't afraid of that.
    It seems fairly obvious that his comments were primarily directed at Kevin Stitt, and then, secondarily, at the local government morons in Enid, Woodward, Alva, and other places in his congressional district that refused to pass a mask mandate. Of course, he didn't speak up until the pandemic has raged on for 10 months and until the presidential election was decided.

17. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Quote Originally Posted by SoonersFan12 View Post
    I just found out my friend of 24 years passed away from the damn virus today, we always go to Thunder-Magic games every year since the Thunder moved here and now it will not be the same anymore without my friend who is a Thunder fan and I am a Magic fan, it really hurts and it sucks, damn you virus!
    I'm very sorry for your loss. It's a dark time.

18. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    So in just the last couple days I've learned of a high school classmate that died of the virus and a daughter of another classmate that is in ICU and not doing well. I feel really bad for the mother classmate because she's one of thought pretty that life has just crapped on in general and now this. And yet I keep hearing commercials and such for normal events and such as life just going on as usual because "it's important that life goes on". Except of course for those that the virus changes forever or ends life for.
    There are a lot of difficult choices to be made. Obviously life can't be normal until vaccinations are given but life does have to go on, people have to work, rent paid and groceries bought. Just wear a damn mask!

I read a terrifying story today about a man who needed emergency abdominal surgery in Texas. He waited in the ER for nine hours to get admitted. The hospital tried to get him placed in an ER anywhere within about 500 miles. He died while waiting to be admitted. NOTE: we haven't hit the worst of flu season and we are nowhere near the peak of this current spike.

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    I'm very sorry for your loss. It's a dark time.
    Thank you, it is really rough

The Oklahoma State Department of Health reported on Wednesday the ninth death due to COVID-19 in Stillwater. According to OSDH, the death was a man in the 65 or older age group.

Stillwater currently has 400 active cases. Oklahoma State University, in its weekly COVID Dashboard, reported 262 active cases from University Health Services testing and self reporting as of Nov. 22. OSU performed nearly 1,700 tests last week, with 98 testing positive. The OSU Athletics department reported 4 positive cases.

Meanwhile, Friday morning, Stillwater Medical Center was enjoying some relief:

22. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    There are a lot of difficult choices to be made. Obviously life can't be normal until vaccinations are given but life does have to go on, people have to work, rent paid and groceries bought. Just wear a damn mask!
    I completely understand rent, food, etc. But gun shows, pool and spa shows, car shows and on and on are NOT a requirement of life and could be done without for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    I completely understand rent, food, etc. But gun shows, pool and spa shows, car shows and on and on are NOT a requirement of life and could be done without for awhile.
    You ever stop to consider that maybe the guns shows, pool and spa shows, and car shows are how some people pay their rent?

24. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Quote Originally Posted by OKIENW View Post
    You ever stop to consider that maybe the guns shows, pool and spa shows, and car shows are how some people pay their rent?
    I know that. But then they could enforce masks and distancing in those events. I've seen pictures from these events and they do not. Therefore they should not be having them. If they're so important to the vendors the vendors could hold the events as safety as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by OKIENW View Post
    Then we need to subsidize folks in industries that can no longer safely function, not force people to risk theirs and their loved one’s health to make ends meet.

Thread Information