Widgets Magazine
Page 454 of 455 FirstFirst ... 354404449450451452453454455 LastLast
Results 11,326 to 11,350 of 11357

Thread: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Main thing in this story is the list at the bottom of companies that now have vaccine mandates.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...wont-shot.html

https://www.yahoo.com/news/think-imm...165357278.html

Regarding immunity after recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Much better source: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/25/o...virus-lab.html

It’s unlikely we’ll ever know the origins of COVID considering the lack of cooperation from the Chinese government.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Well I wasn't trying to come across as hateful. Perhaps saying stupid people is too harsh on my part.

I just am having a hard time understanding how anyone can see the data and still decide to not get vaccinated. Let me rephrase and say that I personally think it is stupid to get sick and die of Covid when there is a free and easy way to dramatically reduce the chances of that.
    My former colleague's husband has been against the vaccine, and seems prone to visiting disinformation sites to reinforce his belief. Unfortunately, he seemed to have a problem with his wife getting one, too. Seems weird but that's true.

As a couple, they were definitely not Covidiots or anti-maskers, but they are the kind of people who would promote taking zinc and vitamins to "ward off" Covid. I have been pleading with her all year to get her shot. Unfortunately, her husband contracted it and got very, very sick and is definitely not out of the woods.

Of course, when things got rough, what did he do? He called 911 to go to the hospital. No beds at the inn but he visited one of the satellite ERs. His wife mentioned how costly this will be financially and they are very scared. He is having not only the chest congestion, but also the serious mind-f*ck symptoms that come with the neurological cases. Can't sleep, nightmares, drenched in sweat, struggling to breathe.

Apparently he goes up and down from thinking he is going to die to feeling better, but then when he gets up he is dizzy and his symptoms come roaring back.

They were told that if he had to be admitted he would have to be transported out of the state, because there is no one who will take him.

I am not going to lambast the hesitant, but it is time to set hesitancy aside, now. It's also time to dispense with the BS theories you may have cooked up in your head telling you that you'll be OK or you will dodge this. You won't.

if you haven't gotten the vaccine Delta is coming for you. And you will pay with your life or you may be bankrupted.

Employers are realizing they cannot afford the liability of the unvaccinated. I spoke to a CFO of a prominent automotive business and they said one case of a person led to a million in hospital bills. For companies that self-insure their employees, this is a non-starter.

Forget smokers. it's not like they smoke a pack and die in a month. This is a financial train wreck waiting to happen.

3,274 new cases today; last several Thursdays: 4,152; 2,502; 2,468; 2,342; 1,806; 1,203; 705.

7-day rolling average now 2,671.

Compared to same period last week, new cases are +660.

Hospitalizations are 1,581 (+15).

ICU is 448 (+7).

Edmond schools now mandating masks, per email from the superintendent.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliSciGuy View Post
    did they talk about the opt outs? in the letter?

Yeah, The main reason listed was to reduce quarantine requirements from 6 feet to 3 feet. So yeah it is basically being used a crutch to keep people at school no matter the cost. The teachers especially. I know they are having a hard time finding subs.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    Yeah, The main reason listed was to reduce quarantine requirements from 6 feet to 3 feet. So yeah it is basically being used a crutch to keep people at school no matter the cost. The teachers especially. I know they are having a hard time finding subs.
    https://oklahomawatch.org/2021/09/01...ers-on-record/

Teachers (and nurses/healthcare workers) apparently saying "screw it", this country is going to suffer with the lack of people in those two fields from now on, most likely.

10. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    did they talk about the opt outs? in the letter?
    "The requirement will remain in effect until Oct. 13. Exemptions will be available for eligible students for medical, religious or “strong personal reasons.” "

11. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

KFOR today said rural Oklahoma hospitals, already full with COVID patients, are seeing large numbers of people ODing on Ivermectin. I hate to feel this way but I'm inclined to think they should just be turned away. There's ALL kinds of data showing Ivermectin to be worthless against COVID and a horrible idea for humans to take.

Apparently only 0.5% of OKCPS students opted out. Hopefully Edmond has similarly low numbers, as there's really no reason to opt out.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    My former colleague's husband has been against the vaccine, and seems prone to visiting disinformation sites to reinforce his belief. Unfortunately, he seemed to have a problem with his wife getting one, too. Seems weird but that's true.

As a couple, they were definitely not Covidiots or anti-maskers, but they are the kind of people who would promote taking zinc and vitamins to "ward off" Covid. I have been pleading with her all year to get her shot. Unfortunately, her husband contracted it and got very, very sick and is definitely not out of the woods.

Of course, when things got rough, what did he do? He called 911 to go to the hospital. No beds at the inn but he visited one of the satellite ERs. His wife mentioned how costly this will be financially and they are very scared. He is having not only the chest congestion, but also the serious mind-f*ck symptoms that come with the neurological cases. Can't sleep, nightmares, drenched in sweat, struggling to breathe.

Apparently he goes up and down from thinking he is going to die to feeling better, but then when he gets up he is dizzy and his symptoms come roaring back.

They were told that if he had to be admitted he would have to be transported out of the state, because there is no one who will take him.

I am not going to lambast the hesitant, but it is time to set hesitancy aside, now. It's also time to dispense with the BS theories you may have cooked up in your head telling you that you'll be OK or you will dodge this. You won't.

if you haven't gotten the vaccine Delta is coming for you. And you will pay with your life or you may be bankrupted.

Employers are realizing they cannot afford the liability of the unvaccinated. I spoke to a CFO of a prominent automotive business and they said one case of a person led to a million in hospital bills. For companies that self-insure their employees, this is a non-starter.

Forget smokers. it's not like they smoke a pack and die in a month. This is a financial train wreck waiting to happen.
    I took a screen shot of this and sent out to hopefully convince a few. This should strike home to the fence straddlers

Yeah not true if you've already had Covid.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/study-...than-vaccines/

Apparently only 0.5% of OKCPS students opted out. Hopefully Edmond has similarly low numbers, as there's really no reason to opt out.
    Okc didn’t have the general opt out. Edmond does. 20% of my kids class has already indicated they are opting out and the we just got the opt out form an hour ago

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    "The requirement will remain in effect until Oct. 13. Exemptions will be available for eligible students for medical, religious or “strong personal reasons.” "
    Strong personal reasons. Lol. That is not on the form.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1daE...MImnW3jbK/view

I confirmed that any reason is acceptable

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    KFOR today said rural Oklahoma hospitals, already full with COVID patients, are seeing large numbers of people ODing on Ivermectin. I hate to feel this way but I'm inclined to think they should just be turned away. There's ALL kinds of data showing Ivermectin to be worthless against COVID and a horrible idea for humans to take.
    I hate to feel that way too, but I'm kind of with you. "Hi, are you completely stupid and wasting precious resources? Sorry, we have actual intelligent people here through no fault of their own that need a bed, bye." That's a horrible way to think about things, and will never happen, but man, there's only so much sympathy/empathy you can have for absolute idiots that can possibly kill others (yes, an anti-vaxxer/masker with COVID that can infect someone else is basically carrying a loaded weapon that can go off at any time at anybody, and yes, masked/vaxxed people can transmit it too, but pretty sure it's waaaaaaay less if you're both masked and vaxxed).

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    Yeah not true if you've already had Covid.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/study-...than-vaccines/
    It also says they recommend getting the vaccine, about 20 lines into the article.

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    Religious or strong personal reasons are absolute complete BS. California only allows for medical reasons, which is the way it should be.

Which is completely *un*acceptable.

They should make people get them notarized and sent in certified mail... that would probably drop the submission rate some.

It's a shame they had to do it this way but from what I understand the ruling yesterday didn't give them much choice. It requires an opt out, as I understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    It also says they recommend getting the vaccine, about 20 lines into the article.
    Yeah but that wasn't part of soonergurus hyperbolic panic

"if you haven't gotten the vaccine Delta is coming for you. And you will pay with your life or you may be bankrupted."

That's not true. The science says it isn't true. Delta isn't coming for the previously infected non-vaccinated. There's data behind this.

The only real reason anyone opts out is because they're an asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by BDP View Post
    The only real reason anyone opts out is because they're an asshole.
    Nice attack.

Look I am 0% anti Vax. I made sure my parent got the shots at the first possible moment. (Even after they had Covid ). And will encourage them to get the booster

But the stats on mortality don’t lie. And exaggerating the risk of death doesn’t do any one any good

Thread Information