Widgets Magazine
Page 38 of 455 FirstFirst ... 333435363738394041424388138 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    According to https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/,

there are no states below us that has more deaths, and the next state above us 9 spots up is Virginia with 27 deaths, but they have 1,250 cases.
    Wow. Looking at Vermont though, with their population, they're not looking good.

Just now listening to the Arkansas governor and staff live stream...500+ confirmed with 79 of those healthcare workers. Wow.

They also stated a problem with people from out of state coming there and filling up the parks. Buffalo River was specifically mentioned. They might take steps to curtail that.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mkjeeves View Post
    Just now listening to the Arkansas governor and staff live stream...500+ confirmed with 79 of those healthcare workers. Wow.
    It's a total ****show for healthcare workers right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    Oklahoma County gets a C in this social distancing scoreboard based on cell phone movement data. But many Oklahoma counties are getting D or F. Oklahoma as a state gets C.

https://www.unacast.com/covid19/soci...ing-scoreboard
    A slightly creepy data set but cool nonetheless.

5. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Oklahoma County gets a C in this social distancing scoreboard based on cell phone movement data. But many Oklahoma counties are getting D or F. Oklahoma as a state gets C.

https://www.unacast.com/covid19/soci...ing-scoreboard
    Am I wrong in thinking this is fairly subjective depending on how dense populations and services are? I mean, if its an area where most vital services (gas, medicine, groceries commutes to essential workplaces) are more stream out, it's going to make that area score lower. True?

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    People have to eat and be supplied.
    Yeah, but some of them in Wal-Mart are not practicing social distancing even though blue tape is laid down on the floor every 6 ft. at checkouts. In one case, one was just buying Mountain Dew and cigarettes.

Big Lots does more. Besides markers on the floor it has small clear plastic shields set up for cashiers to stand in front of. Big Lots may also prop the entry doors open so you don't have to touch them walking in.

Yeah, but some of them in Wal-Mart are not practicing social distancing even though blue tape is laid down on the floor every 6 ft. at checkouts. In one case, one was just buying Mountain Dew and cigarettes.

Big Lots does more. Besides markers on the floor it has small clear plastic shields set up for cashiers to stand in front of. Big Lots may also prop the entry doors open so you don't have to touch them walking in.
    Trying to tell my friend that works at a metro Braums she needs to be doing the same thing. They had 12 employee working today for lunch. Half of them are no where near 6 feet apart cause of the layout. They had a line she said of 8 people in there for lunch. Cause see Braums because of the market is still open. You can still go in there order your food. Fill up your drink at drink station. Order ice cream etc etc . Within 6 feet of the cashier i might add. I don't think any other fast food place is like this. I think all the lobbies are closed and just doing carry out i could be wrong on that though. She said no one in line were standing 6 feet apart. It would be hard at her braums to do so as really you could probably only have 2 people in there if they marked off 6 feet. I told her take a picture of it and i'll report it.

8. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

There are morons everywhere. I'll go ahead and offend by saying that anyone who still smokes cigs pretty much falls into that category.

People still have to buy goods and eat. I'll throw in prescriptions since l have 3 of my own and my dogs have 4.

They may be doing more now, but they seemed further behind to start with. Walmarts that were built or remodeled in the last 30 years have the main and garden doors automated. Plus the vast majority of customers at the two stores near me are using the self checkouts, which were already configured to use less touches than most store's self checkouts I have used, if you use cash then you do not even need press the screen or buttons at all.

The Arkansas governor makes Stitt look like a Fullbright Scholar, so, I guess our fate could be worse. But this is going to keep spreading throughout the state due to Stitt's weak response. He literally doesn't get it. I think it will be up to the mayors of OKC, Tulsa and few other towns to make more meaningful restrictions, for example, closing furniture stores. People need to be at home unlesss they are going to the grocer, the doctor, the drug store, or the gas station. I guess visiting parks is OK but people seem uninterested in avoiding close contact even in outdoor environments. My only guess is we have a lot of residents who simply ignore the news or don't have the faculties to understand it.

11. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Wow, Trump announced they are predicting 100,000 - 240,000 dead in the next couple of weeks. That is very sobering.

Oklahoma Death rate is 4%. Lack of testing maybe? Testing too late and they people are already too sick? I'm going with lack of testing. Way more than 500 plus people in Oklahoma have this. I would say closer to 10,000 have it.

13. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Compared to what the Colorado Gov announced today as the likely real number, 10k in OK sounds about accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    Wow, Trump announced they are predicting 100,000 - 240,000 dead in the next couple of weeks. That is very sobering.
    And that’s the best case scenario! It could be way more than that. Maybe with 80% of the country now under stay at home orders this thing will start to flatten in the next 4-6 weeks otherwise we’ll be shut down for several more months.

15. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

CO just extended stay-at-home until pretty much the end of April.

I find that amount hard to believe in just two weeks. Surely, it's for a longer time frame than that, perhaps considerably. Hopefully, projections are as wildly off as Mike Morgan's huge rain amount projections tend to be. But it does more ever make China look like it's being far less than honest with their death total at 3312 as of late March. Anyway, every state governor needs to shut down their states and not do it county by county, like Gov. Stitt. From watching Trump Tuesday, I can tell latest circumstances have forced him to take more seriously than ever the virus crisis.

17. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...ndspots-157993

Georgia, Michigan and Oklahoma are among the states where coronavirus outbreaks are intensifying — and where per capita testing rates are some of the lowest in the nation. While hard-hit New York state was testing more than 950 out of every 100,000 people as of Monday, Georgia was only testing 127 and Oklahoma 43. That raises the likelihood that these states are severely underestimating the size of their outbreaks.

^

Yes, it appears Oklahoma is dead last in testing per capita.

Disgraceful.

My understanding is they are predicting 100,000 to 240,000 deaths total with the peak contribution to that total occurring within the next two weeks.

Still sobering.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

Yes, it appears Oklahoma is dead last in testing per capita.

Disgraceful.
    This article predicts OK to be one of three new hot spots due to pathetic lack of testing.
    The next coronavirus hot spots are in states that aren’t testing enough - POLITICO

21. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkasa View Post
    My understanding is they are predicting 100,000 to 240,000 deaths total with the peak contribution to that total occurring within the next two weeks.

Still sobering.
    Okay, total at this point means simply taking out 4,090 (from possibly 100,000 - 240,000). I fail to see how this changes the reality at all.

22. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    This article predicts OK to be one of three new hot spots due to pathetic lack of testing.
    The next coronavirus hot spots are in states that aren’t testing enough - POLITICO
    That's the article I shared that he was referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Even so, everyone is mostly on lockdown and has been. More testing is needed but I don’t see how it would change anything. Nothing is open that can be further shut down to speak of.

I think more testing would make our other rates go down.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    The Arkansas governor makes Stitt look like a Fullbright Scholar, so, I guess our fate could be worse. But this is going to keep spreading throughout the state due to Stitt's weak response. He literally doesn't get it. I think it will be up to the mayors of OKC, Tulsa and few other towns to make more meaningful restrictions, for example, closing furniture stores. People need to be at home unlesss they are going to the grocer, the doctor, the drug store, or the gas station. I guess visiting parks is OK but people seem uninterested in avoiding close contact even in outdoor environments. My only guess is we have a lot of residents who simply ignore the news or don't have the faculties to understand it.
    On Friday, my sister-in-law traveled from Edmond (already had shelter-in-place implemented) to Stillwater (implemented shelter-in-place at 11:59 PM that Friday) for a wedding. Apparently it was OK because it only had 10 people at it. Saw video of it and absolutely no social distancing was being done, hand-holding was happening, etc.. Unbelievable. Asked my brother if he was OK with her going and he said he's been in more precarious situations at Crest. Again, unbelievable if it hadn't actually happened....

25. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Why would any country be compelled to do this? I've been told by many posters on this board it's no worse than the annual flu.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...elligence-says

Thread Information