Widgets Magazine
Page 56 of 455 FirstFirst ... 65152535455565758596061106156 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 11357

Thread: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    That's great until you die and the family sues you for using a drug not approved for treating that condition. May as well try lysol or anything else a non doctor suggests.
    Nm

Those in fear of going back to work or out to eat must really struggle driving a car (35k dead per year) or catching the flu (30k to 60k dead per year). Think about how many car accidents we have every morning pre-CV. The plotter is littered with them. Each one is a potential death. Basically some need to lock themselves up in houses for rest of their lives.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    At the end of the day it makes more sense to follow Dr. F. then it does to take medical advice from media types and game show hosts.
    Media types, like respected health organizations? Or media reporting actual facts?

It is so right wing cliche to blame everything on media. Takes no real intelligence or thought to create a boogieman. Whatever happened to the cabal of the new world order? Sure do miss the old days.

I'm sticking to the advice of Dr. F, and deferring to his judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by OKC Guy View Post
    Those in fear of going back to work or out to eat must really struggle driving a car (35k dead per year) or catching the flu (30k to 60k dead per year). Think about how many car accidents we have every morning pre-CV. The plotter is littered with them. Each one is a potential death. Basically some need to lock themselves up in houses for rest of their lives.
    Exactly. I’m honestly surprised how some of these folks have survived to this point.

Minor miracles, I suppose.

Getting very tired of the nasty tone, sarcasm and thinly veiled political posts.

Some of you are going to get furloughed from OKCTak.

If we don’t get reopened there will be nothing to go back to.

For me I am gonna support as many local business as possible. No home cooking for 2 months. I’ll go to the bar and get a copy of Gazette that I hope Pete is able to print. I’ll scan advertisers and make a point of going there to eat. I’ll tell the food place I saw the ad in Gazette so they will buy more ads from Pete. Pete will then rehire more workers. The food place will rehire more workers.

60 days of max spending like this will get places back on their feet. I remain optimistic about how many people are tired of eating at home and will eat out this helping small business. I’ll eat out breakfast and lunch too.

The key to this is getting things reopened. Mayor and Governor will have to do this. If more people start to contact them about opening they can start task forces on it. Thats what it will take.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    It obviously isn't just Trump saying it works...several doctors and medical professionals have tried it and generally have said it helps as well. Just keep going acting like he's the only one saying it may help Covid patients though...because its convenient for you.
    Could you share with us the expierience your family friend went through using this?

If we don’t get reopened there will be nothing to go back to.

For me I am gonna support as many local business as possible. No home cooking for 2 months. I’ll go to the bar and get a copy of Gazette that I hope Pete is able to print. I’ll scan advertisers and make a point of going there to eat. I’ll tell the food place I saw the ad in Gazette so they will buy more ads from Pete. Pete will then rehire more workers. The food place will rehire more workers.

60 days of max spending like this will get places back on their feet. I remain optimistic about how many people are tired of eating at home and will eat out this helping small business. I’ll eat out breakfast and lunch too.

The key to this is getting things reopened. Mayor and Governor will have to do this. If more people start to contact them about opening they can start task forces on it. Thats what it will take.
    Very worried that people are going to be tight with their money for quite a while. Many/most have taken a big financial hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Very worried that people are going to be tight with their money for quite a while. Many/most have taken a big financial hit.
    Don’t forget the example I listed earlier where quite a few furlough folks will make more money to not work. Plus all the $1,200 checks. And folks like me are gonna overcompensate to help kick start things. Lots of people I know feel the same. They need to clothes shop and eat and do car maintenance and all sorts of spendy type things. Plus weather is getting better to be outside and that actually helps distancing if they have outside seating.

The key is getting reopened before too long. Those companies furloughing need an open economy to bring folks back.

I'm sticking to the advice of Dr. F, and deferring to his judgement.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ture=emb_title

Press reease:

OSDH Releases COVID-19 Modeling for Oklahoma, Estimates April 21 Peak
    On the heels of more than 22,000 specimens tested for COVID-19 in Oklahoma, the Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) released today its modeling to forecast how the COVID-19 pandemic could occur in the state through May 1.

Authored by Aaron M. Wendelboe, PhD; Justin Dvorak, PhD; and Michael P. Anderson, PhD, the COVID-19 modeling identifies the following key metrics for Oklahoma:

Date of peak: April 21

· Number of New Cases at the Peak: 436
    · Number of Deaths at the Peak: 22
    · Number of New Hospitalizations at the Peak: 131
    · Number of People in the Hospital for COVID at the Peak: 915
    · Number of People in the ICU for COVID at the Peak: 458

Cumulative Number of COVID-19-positive cases by May 1: 9,300

Cumulative Number of Deaths by May 1: 469 deaths

“Over the past week, Oklahoma has significantly increased COVID-19 testing data due to expanded capacity at labs and more than 80 mobile testing locations across the state,” said Dr. Aaron Wendelboe, interim state epidemiologist. “This new data gave our team of epidemiologists stronger insight to forecast a COVID-19 model for the State of Oklahoma. At this point, we are estimating that Oklahoma will hit peak demand on hospitals, ICU beds, and other critical medical supplies around April 21.”

A copy of OSDH’s COVID-19 forecasting can be read by clicking here, which includes charts and an explanation of modeling methodology.

Could you share with us the expierience your family friend went through using this?
    The drug seemed to help improve his vitals and reduce his dependence on the ventilator. They started administering it when he was rapidly going downhill and they thought it helped improve and stabilize his condition. They thought his dependence on the ventilator and his condition had improved enough to start bringing him out of sedation but after four days, his vitals were stable but he never regained consciousness. Prior to the drug being administered he was having blood circulation issues so they think he may have had a stoke or another complication. As far as the drug goes it seemed to improve his condition but it was administered very late in the game so it may have been a case of too little too late, or recovery unfortunately just wasn’t in the cards for him.

^ Thank you for your post. You are the only one I know who could offer any personal knowledge. Sorry for your loss.

I do not want to be the infection vector that kills my 70 year old boss, or my mother, or my co-worker that I know to be immunocompromised because of his medical history. Or just random old people I walk by at the supermarket.

^ Thank you for your post. You are the only one I know who could offer any personal knowledge. Sorry for your loss.
    Thank you!

17. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Press reease:

On the heels of more than 22,000 specimens tested for COVID-19 in Oklahoma, the Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) released today its modeling to forecast how the COVID-19 pandemic could occur in the state through May 1.

Authored by Aaron M. Wendelboe, PhD; Justin Dvorak, PhD; and Michael P. Anderson, PhD, the COVID-19 modeling identifies the following key metrics for Oklahoma:

“Over the past week, Oklahoma has significantly increased COVID-19 testing data due to expanded capacity at labs and more than 80 mobile testing locations across the state,” said Dr. Aaron Wendelboe, interim state epidemiologist. “This new data gave our team of epidemiologists stronger insight to forecast a COVID-19 model for the State of Oklahoma. At this point, we are estimating that Oklahoma will hit peak demand on hospitals, ICU beds, and other critical medical supplies around April 21.”

A copy of OSDH’s COVID-19 forecasting can be read by clicking here, which includes charts and an explanation of modeling methodology.

Great! Looks like the peak has moved closed again. More testing is always a good idea. I'm glad they have ramped it up.

Don’t forget the example I listed earlier where quite a few furlough folks will make more money to not work. Plus all the $1,200 checks. And folks like me are gonna overcompensate to help kick start things. Lots of people I know feel the same. They need to clothes shop and eat and do car maintenance and all sorts of spendy type things. Plus weather is getting better to be outside and that actually helps distancing if they have outside seating.

The key is getting reopened before too long. Those companies furloughing need an open economy to bring folks back.
    I would sign an online pledge to eat out once a week at place that advertised with Pete. If enough of us signed up Pete could use it to sell ads.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    I do not want to be the infection vector that kills my 70 year old boss, or my mother, or my co-worker that I know to be immunocompromised because of his medical history. Or just random old people I walk by at the supermarket.
    I totally get it, I really do. But life comes with risk too we will never eliminate risk. You could be hit by a drunk driver on your way to meet your boss. Or T-boned at an intersection. All I’m saying is we can’t keep the country closed due to some risk. This is not a 2,500,000 death event. Even mowing the yard has risk. Everything has risk. We have to weigh the risks. Unemployed people will have higher domestic abuse and suicides. Are they not important?

Blog Entries

Oklahoma hospitals to receive nearly $500 million in federal aid

Oklahoma hospitals will receive nearly $500 million in the first set of funds approved by Congress to help hospitals make up for lost revenue during the pandemic.--Oklahoman, 04-10-2020

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Until you can get quick results from testing, you will probably need to stay away from these people well into 2021.

Press reease:

A copy of OSDHÂ’s COVID-19 forecasting can be read by clicking here, which includes charts and an explanation of modeling methodology.
    Lets keep in mind that people leave a hospital bed or ICU one way or another. So that number of people in the hospital at peak is not accurate.

I have been keeping track of the hospitalizations. We have been pretty flat for a week. About the same number of people going in as people leaving/dying.

Date Currently Hospitalized Currently ICU
    9-Apr 186 122
    8-Apr 188 120
    7-Apr 186 137
    6-Apr 161 104
    3-Apr 171 123
    2-Apr 182 144
    1-Apr 174 98
    31-Mar 177 83
    30-Mar 153 103
    27-Mar 50
    26-Mar 41

Source: https://coronavirus.health.ok.gov/ex...-order-reports

23. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Listing this to put deaths in perspective and tamp down some of the hysteria media creates. This is year 2017 data:

Number of deaths for leading causes of death:
    Heart disease: 647,457
    Cancer: 599,108
    Accidents (unintentional injuries): 169,936
    Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 160,201
    Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 146,383
    Alzheimer’s disease: 121,404
    Diabetes: 83,564
    Influenza and Pneumonia: 55,672
    Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome and nephrosis: 50,633
    Intentional self-harm (suicide): 47,173

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/deaths.htm

Listing this to put deaths in perspective and tamp down some of the hysteria media creates. This is year 2017 data:

Number of deaths for leading causes of death:
    Heart disease: 647,457
    Cancer: 599,108
    Accidents (unintentional injuries): 169,936
    Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 160,201
    Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 146,383
    Alzheimer’s disease: 121,404
    Diabetes: 83,564
    Influenza and Pneumonia: 55,672
    Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome and nephrosis: 50,633
    Intentional self-harm (suicide): 47,173

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/deaths.htm
    Thanks for this list. I'll be sure to try and not catch cancer or a car accident from the guy sitting next to me on the bus.

Thread Information