Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 455 FirstFirst 1234567891055105 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

USL has also suspended the season for 30 days. My company is allowing colleagues to work from home whenever they want and to move as many meetings to conference calls as possible. Along with a ban of all business travel and asking colleagues to self-quarantine (work from home) for at least 14 days after personal air/cruise travel.

Quote Originally Posted by corwin1968 View Post
    OKCPS has cancelled all classes and activities for Friday, March 13th, solely as a precaution. There are no known cases of Covid-19 in the district.
    Is this confirmed? I've heard this is just a rumor.

Quote Originally Posted by jccouger View Post
    OKC Public Schools
    @OKCPS
    ·
    12m
    The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recommends social distancing as a way to prevent community spread of the COVID-19 virus. #OKCPS feels it is in the best interest of our students, families, staff, & the public to cancel classes & district hosted activities for Fri., March 13.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    that is the rate in south korea the country with the widest range of testing ...

they tested both the sick and the not sick ...
    I'd love to take you at your word, but can you please provide sources? Again, I am happy to learn from you, but I'm not going to do so blindly.

Quote Originally Posted by jccouger View Post
    Also confirmed via KWTV news during their noon broadcast.

Cher concert tonight at the Peake is canceled.

OSSAA
    @OSSAAOnline
    ·
    6m
    ***Due to the public health concern, the OSSAA has postponed all the State Basketball Tournaments.

We will update the OSSAA website as to when the tournaments will be rescheduled.***

A lot of businesses are limiting travel & preventing non-employees from coming inside the building, limiting meeting sizes as well.

Quote Originally Posted by OkiePoke View Post
    A lot of businesses are limiting travel & preventing non-employees from coming inside the building, limiting meeting sizes as well.
    It's great to hear that. This is how you get ahead of a problem. My big takeaway from the experts is that social distancing can help flatten the curve.

We're evaluating what to do at the Gazette.

Because we print hard copy and distribute widely every week, we have real issues with transport, drivers delivering, etc.

Almost every single business and organization is being affected in some way.

KFOR
    @kfor
    ·
    2m
    KFOR's Sports Director, Brian Brinkley has confirmed that the Big 12 men's and women's basketball tournaments have been canceled amid coronavirus concerns.​

Chesapeake Arena
    @ChesapeakeArena
    ·
    8s
    Update : Our Michael Buble concert originally scheduled for April 3 has been postponed. We will release additional information as we can.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I just made a run to Sam's at 39th & May (pet food, not hoarding) and you can see the full-on panic that has now set in.

It was as busy as I"ve ever seen it, and this was 11AM on a Thursday. People trucking out bottled water and all types of provisions.
    OKC's first known case making it the epicenter for the NBA suspending it's season will have that effect. I know that made me take it more seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    OKC's first known case making it the epicenter for the NBA suspending it's season will have that effect. I know that made me take it more seriously.
    Man, OKC has a way of getting itself into the big middle of things....not even trying...

Pete

Something I thought I might ask you to start tracking amongst your sources...the OKC Memorial Marathon next month.

Given that runners from around the country/world convene on OKC for that event, it would seem that it is necessarily going to be under review at some point, and probably soon.

Now, just to make it absolutely clear - I am *asking* for info - I am NOT in any way suggesting or implying that I know anything - it just came to mind that its a huge event for OKC and would seem very much in question under current circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    Pete

Something I thought I might ask you to start tracking amongst your sources...the OKC Memorial Marathon next month.

Given that runners from around the country/world convene on OKC for that event, it would seem that it is necessarily going to be under review at some point, and probably soon.

Now, just to make it absolutely clear - I am *asking* for info - I am NOT in any way suggesting or implying that I know anything - it just came to mind that its a huge event for OKC and would seem very much in question under current circumstances.
    They already posted on social media they are tracking the conditions and will take appropriate response. If things don't improve dramatically I'm sure it will be cancelled/postponed.

Bloomberg
    @business
    ·
    2m
    The NHL has decided to follow the NBA and suspend its season

Kassie McClung
    @KassieMcClung
    ·
    1m
    Just in: The Oklahoma State Department of Health has identified another presumptive case of #COVID19, this time in Jackson County. State totals: Two presumptive positives, one positive.

Looks like baseball is going to suspend as well.

I posted this in the OKC Covid thread, but the University of Kansas and Duke has suspended all athletic operations. That's 2 banner basketball schools who won't participate in the NCAA tournament. So yeah, it's not happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Colbafone View Post
    I posted this in the OKC Covid thread, but the University of Kansas and Duke has suspended all athletic operations. That's 2 banner basketball schools who won't participate in the NCAA tournament. So yeah, it's not happening.
    also isn't the Duke AD the current Chairmen of the NCAA Tournament Selection Committee??? defiantly means it's not happening

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    Pete

I have absolutely been wondering about the Marathon, I don't see how they don't cancel or delay it and still be operating in the public's best interests. Bad year for it too, this was the second "changing the course!" year with the final map using Scissortail Park as the new finishing location.

23. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    I'd love to take you at your word, but can you please provide sources? Again, I am happy to learn from you, but I'm not going to do so blindly.
    I have a policy of discounting anyone making unfounded assertions with no reliable source on any Social Media. There are very few on this website, but BoulderSooner definitely fits that description.

City of OKC
    @cityofokc
    ·
    19s
    @GovStitt
    : It is the state's recommendation that schools remain open.
    @HealthyOklahoma
    will work with school districts to keep them updated.

Jesse McKinley
    @jessemckinley
    ·
    15m
    BREAKING:
    @NYGovCuomo
    announces almost-immediate closing of Broadway, the city's largest tourist industry.

Thread Information