Widgets Magazine
Page 412 of 455 FirstFirst ... 312362407408409410411412413414415416417 ... LastLast
Results 10,276 to 10,300 of 11357

Thread: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Interesting article about the spike in Covid deaths among the very young in Brazil. People there would kill to have the vaccine options we do in the US.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/04/o...s3CmyAw7pQ7TPA

338 new cases for the 3-day period (last 3 Mondays: 458, 431, 431); 7-day average 159.

13 additional reported deaths; 7-day average 5.9.

Hospitalizations are 136 (+27).

ICU is 40 (+10).

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    338 new cases for the 3-day period (last 3 Mondays: 458, 431, 431); 7-day average 159.

13 additional reported deaths; 7-day average 5.9.

Hospitalizations are 136 (+27).

ICU is 40 (+10).
    The situation update labeled 6/7 states the 7 day average is 99 which differs from your number.

Quote Originally Posted by DowntownMan View Post
    The situation update labeled 6/7 states the 7 day average is 99 which differs from your number.
    Because I only go by what they report at the end of the weekend, so the Monday and Tuesday average numbers are always a bit high.

Because I only go by what they report at the end of the weekend, so the Monday and Tuesday average numbers are always a bit high.
    Ok that make sense. Your average numbers on Monday and Tuesday are probably 8-9 days of cases so that makes sense that it would be higher
    Would be helpful if their Monday reports could give the breakout of the 3 days.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    Non hepa filters rated MERV-13 can catch most viruses, but are more expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by DowntownMan View Post
    Ok that make sense. Your average numbers on Monday and Tuesday are probably 8-9 days of cases so that makes sense that it would be higher
    Would be helpful if their Monday reports could give the breakout of the 3 days.
    8-9 days? How do you arrive at that?

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    8-9 days? How do you arrive at that?
    Because the state reports numbers on Monday that also include Saturday and Sunday.

Blog Entries

Okay, that's what I thought - 3 days worth, not 8-9. Thought I was missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Okay, that's what I thought - 3 days worth, not 8-9. Thought I was missing something.
    He was referencing the 7-day average which on Monday can include 8-9 days.

80 new cases today (last 3 Tuesdays: 89, 71, 85); 7-day rolling average 104.

2 additional reported deaths; 4.1 7-day average.

Hospitalizations are 127 (-9).

ICU is 38 (-2).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Interesting article about the spike in Covid deaths among the very young in Brazil. People there would kill to have the vaccine options we do in the US.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/04/o...s3CmyAw7pQ7TPA
    Or be killed, sadly.

80 new cases today (last 3 Tuesdays: 89, 71, 85); 7-day rolling average 104.

2 additional reported deaths; 4.1 7-day average.

Hospitalizations are 127 (-9).

ICU is 38 (-2).
    I wonder how long the 38 in the ICU have been in the ICU or the 127 in the Hospital for that matter. I traveled by car to Northern Indiana last week and while up there went out to eat and did a bunch of things. No one had mask anymore or no social distancing . Covid is over even though it really isn't. Really don't hear about it on the news any more either.

124 new cases today (last 3 Wednesdays: 42, 119, 124); 7-day average 116.

2 additional reported deaths; now 8,502 total; 7-day average 4.1

Hospitalizations are 117 (-10).

ICU is 40 (+2).

https://twitter.com/davidfholt/statu...47290641653763

With the caveat that sometimes this statistic is subject to later revision, we have not had a reported COVID-19 death in Oklahoma County since May 17th.

122 new cases today (last 3 Thursdays: 115, 137, 172); 7-day rolling average 117.

24 additional reported deaths; 7-day rolling average 7.0.

Hospitalizations are 106 (-11).

ICU is 32 (-8).

Is the pandemic over?

I guess the NY Times stopped publishing its daily tracker over the weekend

? It's right here and updated today: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...vid-cases.html

18. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Talking to an acquaintance this weekend, topic turned to getting the vaccine (I've had mine). Just mind blowing, the reasons people come up with for not getting it. I was told to wait until winter and those who are vaccinated will get horribly sick. Just you wait!! Going on about how bad it is, etc. I had no response, I just didn't have the energy to waste even trying.
    My boss, also unvaccinated, griping about having to wear her mask in the conference room. Simple solution, and we got the shots AT work if you wanted. She "jokes" about being infected with some Russian spy material. Really?!

I'm going to stop posting updated daily numbers.

I'll keep monitoring but 1) they are just about the same every day; and 2) the state is making it increasingly difficult to keep track and make any meaningful comparisons.

The most interesting trends involve vaccination rates, and I'll maintain my spreadsheet on those.

I'll keep monitoring but 1) they are just about the same every day; and 2) the state is making it increasingly difficult to keep track and make any meaningful comparisons.

The most interesting trends involve vaccination rates, and I'll maintain my spreadsheet on those.
    Thanks for updating all of us throughout this Pandemic Pete. This past weekend my full household is now fully vaccinated. My 14 year old and 16 year are excited they are vaccinated but they are also worried like me knowing this Covid is far from over. I hope more people in this state get vaccinated!

I think i brought that up about a month or two ago How are the the same all the time. How are the same number of people or very close to the same amount of people being effected every day? How do hospitals never change? people don't leave? Same about of people coming in that are going out? I don't get it.

^

The numbers fluctuated, it's just that there is very little room for movement when the figures are low.

When numbers are big, they are bound to have much bigger swings.

23. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    How do hospitals never change? people don't leave? Same about of people coming in that are going out? I don't get it.
    A lot of them don't... My fiancé works in the ESU at a local hospital and the majority of her patients right now are there due to the lingering effects of Covid.

Thought I'd provide some weekly numbers since they are trending up rather than staying flat.

As of Friday, the 7-day average for new cases was 163; the last 2 Fridays have been 120 and 110.

Hospitalizations on Friday were 137, up from a low of 106 on 6/13.

ICU on Friday was 52, up from a low of 29 on 6/3.

Let's hope this trend doesn't continue.

Given the rising prevalence of Delta, I think we can expect a new surge within the next couple months, especially in communities with a lower level of vaccination.

Folks, if you're still hemming and hawing about the vaccine, the window is beginning to shut, quickly. Delta is really potent to unvaccinated folks and those with only one of the two-shot courses. Come mid- to late-july, Delta will be dominant. Act soon.

Thread Information