Widgets Magazine
Page 370 of 455 FirstFirst ... 270320365366367368369370371372373374375420 ... LastLast
Results 9,226 to 9,250 of 11357

Thread: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Pete, what are the total numbers for cases and deaths now?

2. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Pete, what are the total numbers for cases and deaths now?
    Here's a good site to track. I think I posted this before, but can't recall.

Total Confirmed Cases: 370,149
    Total Deaths: 3,231

I believe Pete's numbers are more up to date because that site is lagging by one day.

Also, take note the Reproduction value is now below 1 and at the lowest since the beginning of the pandemic at 0.77. That's encouraging and we need to keep that trend going. Of course, the only way to do that is to continue wearing masks, distancing, and getting the vaccine when your number is called. If people let up on these actions, that number can very easily go right back above 1 and the pandemic will continue longer than necessary.

3. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Quote Originally Posted by king183 View Post
    Here's a good site to track. I think I posted this before, but can't recall.

Total Confirmed Cases: 370,149
    Total Deaths: 3,231

I believe Pete's numbers are more up to date because that site is lagging by one day.

Also, take note the Reproduction value is now below 1 and at the lowest since the beginning of the pandemic at 0.77. That's encouraging and we need to keep that trend going. Of course, the only way to do that is to continue wearing masks, distancing, and getting the vaccine when your number is called. If people let up on these actions, that number can very easily go right back above 1 and the pandemic will continue longer than necessary.
    Rt.live has our rate as 1.05. They must use very different calculations. I wonder which one to believe more.

4. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    Rt.live has our rate as 1.05. They must use very different calculations. I wonder which one to believe more.
    That's interesting. Here is rt.live numbers. They show a range of the Reproduction value, but they appear to be way behind on the number of cases, showing just 245k cases, which is close to 130k lower than other data sources. I wonder why that is.

Well, my step-aunt passed today from covid complications. This is the closest home it has hit for us. Sad days...

Quote Originally Posted by C_M_25 View Post
    Well, my step-aunt passed today from covid complications. This is the closest home it has hit for us. Sad days...
    i'm sorry for your loss.

7. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

I'm sorry for your loss.

8. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Yes, sorry to hear that, for you and your family.

1,763 new cases today; 7-day rolling average 2,577.

14 additional reported deaths; 7-day rolling average now 42.7, an all-time high.

Updated hospitalization numbers will be out this evening.

Very sorry to hear about this.

1,571 new cases today, which is about the same as last Tuesday. 7-day rolling average now 2,579.

30 additional reported deaths; 7-day rolling average 40.9 which is down slightly from yesterday's all-time high.

Hospitalizations continue to go down, 1,454 (-141). The all-time high was 1,994 on 1/6.

Same for ICU, 410 (-23). All-time high was 499 on 1/19.

12. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Good numbers again. Testing is NOT down so this is an actual drop in positives plus hospitalizations. Lets hope we can keep going with vaccines and beat this UK variant.

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    Good numbers again. Testing is NOT down so this is an actual drop in positives plus hospitalizations. Lets hope we can keep going with vaccines and beat this UK variant.
    So its racists to call it the Wuhan virus but not racists to call it the "UK variant"?
    I am so confused

Are you though? Are you really?

15. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

What a weekend! As I posted before mom was sent to Mercy last Thursday with COVID symptoms. Well, Saturday afternoon Mercy said her blood oxygen was better and stable so she had to be discharged back to the nursing home. Then I get a text from the middle sister Sunday that mom never arrived at the nursing home. Supposedly oldest sister is trying to find out what's going on. BTW, oldest sister has HIPPA, the nursing home staff, etc. set up so she's the only one any information can be given to. But in this case apparently no one would even talk to her. Finally, yesterday afternoon I get word that medicare assigned mom a case manager and she decided mom needs to go to a skilled nursing facility before going back to the nursing home and would stay in the hospital until the case manager and oldest sister agreed on the right skilled nursing facility.

^

There has been a strong push to get Covid patients out of hospitals and into some other sort of skilled nursing care.

It's one of the reasons for the sharp decline in hospitalization numbers.

17. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

There has been a strong push to get Covid patients out of hospitals and into some other sort of skilled nursing care.

It's one of the reasons for the sharp decline in hospitalization numbers.
    I pretty much knew that. And it makes sense. And I'm glad to now know mom's status. But my oldest "sister in charge" seems to think that with special care, physical therapy, etc. my 93 year old mom who has been in the "total care" wing of the nursing home where she's been and now has been hospitalized with COVID will be at a level of ability or better than before. Hell, I'm 61 and could ride a sub 5 hour century on a bicycle a few years ago and post COVID I have to sit and catch my breath/let my heart rate drop after a trip to the kitchen or bathroom.

18. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Our genius Governor is trying to sell back the $2M worth of Hydroxycloriquine he bought.

https://www.readfrontier.org/stories...xychloroquine/

In April, Gov. Kevin Stitt, who ordered the hydroxychloroquine purchase, defended it by saying that while it may not be a useful treatment for the coronavirus, the drug had multiple other uses and “that money will not have gone to waste in any respect.”

But nearly a year later the state is trying to offload the drug back to its original supplier, California-based FFF Enterprises, Inc, a private pharmaceutical wholesaler.

19. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

I just read the below on Oklahoma Source. While hospitalizations are down they aren't as far down as they seemed.

"As of 1-26-2021 (a random Tuesday and with no announcement), there has been a sudden update regarding reporting of hospitalizations in Oklahoma. And of course, it results in lower numbers being reported than actual individuals receiving medical care.

If you're in a Rehab facility due to COVID or COVID complications, you are no longer counted.

If you're in a Tribal Health Care facility due to COVID or COVID complications, you are no longer counted.

If you're in a Focus facility due to COVID or COVID complications, you are no longer counted.

If you’re receiving Acute Medical Care at home as a result of COVID, via the Hospitals Without Walls program through CMS, you are still not counted."

^

Also, about a month ago, they stopped adding presumed Covid cases to the total.

They keep changing the way they report which makes it very difficult to look at trends.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    I just read the below on Oklahoma Source. While hospitalizations are down they aren't as far down as they seemed.

"As of 1-26-2021 (a random Tuesday and with no announcement), there has been a sudden update regarding reporting of hospitalizations in Oklahoma. And of course, it results in lower numbers being reported than actual individuals receiving medical care.

If you're in a Rehab facility due to COVID or COVID complications, you are no longer counted.

If you're in a Tribal Health Care facility due to COVID or COVID complications, you are no longer counted.

If you're in a Focus facility due to COVID or COVID complications, you are no longer counted.

If you’re receiving Acute Medical Care at home as a result of COVID, via the Hospitals Without Walls program through CMS, you are still not counted."
    What a complete load of sh!t, not surprised at anything this administration does, however.

22. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

^
    It went on to say the hospitals now being reported make up the Surge Plan. That could have been and hopefully has been tracked separately from the hospitalized total and leave the reported number the way it was. Like Pete said it's hard to trend a changing data set.

2,686 new cases today; 7-day rolling average 2,679.

65 (!) additional reported deaths, a single-day high. 7-day rolling average is 43.3, an all-time high.

Under the new reporting protocol, hospitalizations continue to go down: 1,322 (-132).

ICU is similar, 368 (-42).

Could you imagine the outrage if this were a visible, tangible threat. While the numbers are real, it does not have the magnitude of for example a Greyhound bus with 43 people on it crashing off a bridge every day killing everyone on board.

Why won't people take this seriously? My social media feeds are vastly different with my friends back in Oklahoma, versus here in Colorado. Seems like party-cental in Oklahoma while everyone on my feed here ks a little more restrained. The occasional get together but very limited to how many people, and usually at a residence and not a bar.

Politics

Thread Information