Widgets Magazine
Page 342 of 342 FirstFirst ... 242292337338339340341342
Results 8,526 to 8,535 of 8535

Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

They will ship two sets of doses. With the unique storage requirements of the Pfizer vaccine there is no real way of holding onto anything for the second dose. So if you get X this time, the same people will get the same number of doses in 3 weeks.

Both mRNA (Pfizer and Moderna) vaccine candidates are two doses.

3. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Is there a good site or paper that explains the difference between vaccines and which one we should take or at least give us enough information that we can make an informed decision on which one to choose when we get an opportunity to take the vaccine?

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    now if i remember correctly.. the pfizer vaccine is a two dose vaccine... so that's really only about 25k people, correct?
    No I believe they provide enough to complete the entire dose, so it'll be around 80k shots for 40k doses.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    Is there a good site or paper that explains the difference between vaccines and which one we should take or at least give us enough information that we can make an informed decision on which one to choose when we get an opportunity to take the vaccine?
    This remains to be seen, but I wouldn’t be surprised if this ends up being a situation where you get what you get and don’t necessarily have the option of choosing a specific vaccine.

I heard a medical professional the other day when asked this question - he said the best vaccine is the one you can get when offered. Both are over 90 % effective.

I was listening to an interview on NPR last week with an infectious disease expert about this very question. He basically said that all of the current vaccines work similarly and you should just take the first one that is available to you and not worry about which one it is.

Vaccine Expert: Once A COVID Vaccine Is Available, 'Don't Overthink It. Don't Wait'

"One of the questions that I'm asked all the time is, 'Hey, doc, which vaccine are you waiting for?' And the answer is ... I'm going to take any of those vaccines that's made available to me that's authorized by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration," he says. "Don't overthink it. Don't wait. Get what vaccine you can."

1,737 new cases reported today. 7-day rolling average now 2,696.

15 additional deaths; 7-day rolling average now 13.4.

As of last night, hospitalizations were 1,718 (+65) for an all-time high. ICU was 461 (+29), another record.

Hopefully this downward trend indicates real change and not just a short term leftover from Thanksgiving

Quote Originally Posted by PoliSciGuy View Post
    Hopefully this downward trend indicates real change and not just a short term leftover from Thanksgiving
    i think it's fewer testing.... i have asked a bunch of people who tested before they went to Thanksgiving, if they have tested now that they have returned home, and almost all of them have said that they didn't feel a need to

Thread Information