Widgets Magazine
Page 341 of 455 FirstFirst ... 241291336337338339340341342343344345346391441 ... LastLast
Results 8,501 to 8,525 of 11357

Thread: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

1,721 new cases today. 7-day rolling average has dropped to 3,031.

19 more reported deaths.

It'd be nice if we could just peak at 3,000 or so and begin the climb down, but I fear what impact Thanksgiving is going to have on the next couple weeks.

The “drop” to below 2,000 is pretty much just infected people traveling instead of getting tested right now.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliSciGuy View Post
    It'd be nice if we could just peak at 3,000 or so and begin the climb down, but I fear what impact Thanksgiving is going to have on the next couple weeks.
    Unfortunately I don't think we're even close to our peak yet, which is pretty scary considering how overwhelmed our hospitals already are and how burnt out our medical staff is. I've seen some scientists say that our daily number of deaths will likely double in the next 10 days.

If COVID-19 is really supposed to have a public image of just only being a mild and brief illness for most people, then why the heck are many hundreds, if not thousands of Oklahomans wanting to get tested for it everyday?

2,200 new cases reported today; 7-day rolling average now 2,839.

7 additional deaths; 7-day rolling average is 13.4.

Tonight, we'll finally get updated hospitalization numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    If COVID-19 is really supposed to have a public image of just only being a mild and brief illness for most people, then why the heck are many hundreds, if not thousands of Oklahomans wanting to get tested for it everyday?
    I only recently started following this thread.

I've been sick for a little over a week. Severe body aches, fatigue, mild fever, chills and scratchy/dry/sore throat are the main symptoms. I'm in several very high risk categories, medically speaking, but while I've felt crappy, I haven't felt severely ill. I got tested today, primarily to find out if I'm a danger to others and need to completely quarantine. I suspect it's not Covid-19, because I would expect to be far more seriously ill, but you never know and I want to be sure.

I always wear a mask in public (except while eating in a restaurant and I keep the mask on until food arrives and replace it when done eating) and constantly sanitize my hands. It may not be Covid-19, but I caught something, despite those persistent precautions.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by corwin1968 View Post

I've been sick for a little over a week. Severe body aches, fatigue, mild fever, chills and scratchy/dry/sore throat are the main symptoms. I'm in several very high risk categories, medically speaking, but while I've felt crappy, I haven't felt severely ill. I got tested today, primarily to find out if I'm a danger to others and need to completely quarantine. I suspect it's not Covid-19, because I would expect to be far more seriously ill, but you never know and I want to be sure.

I always wear a mask in public (except while eating in a restaurant and I keep the mask on until food arrives and replace it when done eating) and constantly sanitize my hands. It may not be Covid-19, but I caught something, despite those persistent precautions.
    With all due respect, if you’re still eating in restaurants without a mask, then your other precautions are for naught.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    Not to infect others?

Sad news in OKC. All-around civic booster, leader, and nice guy Mike McAuliffe died of Covid 19 yesterday. He was a former aide for both mayors Norick and Coats. Former VP at Ackerman. Very well known and liked all around town and somone who seemed to be in very good health. I think he may have been in his early 60s, but he was definitely robbed of many more years of life and giving to this city.

Almost every day you see bars and restaurants posting about temp closings due to positive cases.

This thing is starting to get everywhere and the days when many didn't know people who have been infected are drawing to a rapid close.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Almost every day you see bars and restaurants posting about temp closings due to positive cases.

This thing is starting to get everywhere and the days when many didn't know people who have been infected are drawing to a rapid close.
    That's for sure. I know so many people who have been tested positive just in the past week that this is nuts. This includes my mother, an elementary school teacher. It's no surprise since just a week or so ago she got poor marks on a performance review because she was staying too far back from students (working with them across a table). And of course, her teaching partner was afraid of getting tested because they were worried the principal would get mad (not if they get sick, but just if they get tested at all).

13. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Quote Originally Posted by corwin1968 View Post

I have high blood pressure, cholesterol and need to lose 30 lbs. And I'm almost 62. I expected that if I got COVID it would be bad. I had it in March and barely knew I had anything. Really only put 2&2 together when I tested positive for antibodies. My wife had similar very minor symptoms right after me at that time. The worst was the odd hot spells, sweating spells and breathing issues since then. Still not severe though.
    Then around 3 weeks ago I had exactly the same symptoms as in March. But a little worse. I still feel really tired and generally like crap every day now. Unfortunately my wife also had the same symptoms she had in April about 2 weeks ago. She seems fine now except for being exhausted . She slept most of the holiday weekend.
    She hasn't left the house since March except to go to work and she's in a office by herself there. I go to work and do the shopping. I can stay very isolated at work and besides, most of this time work has been pretty empty. When shopping I wear N95 masks and go through lots of sanitizer. So I really don't get how I could catch anything but I did.

I finally ended up coming down with it and am on day 11. Ironically after all the high risk activities/trips I've partaken in over the last two months (including going to packed bars every weekend, a large beach party, a group golf weekend, two large weddings, and a birthday party with about 100 people in Austin), I likely caught it on a trip to Phoenix to visit my grandfather...on which I only interreacted with a total of 6 people for longer than 2 minutes...none of which had it (with symptoms) or came down with it after being around me. I had a fever, chills, body aches, fatigue, congestion, and a cough on the second day. The fever and chills were gone the next morning with the body aches lasting a day or two longer. Still have a mild cough and a bit of fatigue that has improved every day. Given that I have asthma, I've been surprised by how minimally I've been affected. Fortunately it wasn't all that big of deal and I never had any shortness of breath or the more severe symptoms.

I'm still completely shocked that none of my family or friends who were around me just prior to exhibiting symptoms and a few that I was around after I started experiencing what I thought were allergy symptoms (until I ended up coming down with the fever)...have come down with it. Truly an odd virus.

Hospitalizations continue to surge; now 1,718 (+65), a new all-time high.

ICU also at an all-time high of 461 (+29).

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Hospitalizations continue to surge; now 1,718 (+65), a new all-time high.

ICU also at an all-time high of 461 (+29).
    Don’t worry, Stitt has a solution: A day of fasting and prayer on Thursday! *eye roll*

17. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    Truly an odd virus.
    This could be the most correct statement off all time!

OK is getting 40k doses of the vaccine (30k Pfizer, 10k Moderna) between Dec. 10-14. We have ~17,000 folks in LTC so I'd imagine the leftover goes to healthcare workers. Glad to see we're starting to get this out.

https://twitter.com/KassieMcClung/st...21449764708358

19. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Just got a message from the nursing home where mom is asking for permission to give her a vaccine. They said they've been told to be ready mid-December.

Once again, more evidence that required mask wear ordinances help:

Stillwater population: 50,299, total positive cases: 3337 - Mask wear required indoors in all places open to public.

Yukon population: 40,962, total positive covid cases: 3634 - Mask wear only required inside city buildings, or if someone works in a bar or restaurant.

Quote Originally Posted by GoOKC1991 View Post
    Don’t worry, Stitt has a solution: A day of fasting and prayer on Thursday! *eye roll*
    I don't recall Gov. Fallin's call for a day of prayer over the oil fields doing any good, other than eventually quite greatly reducing the occurrences of Oklahoma earthquakes of 3.0 or more in magnitude. They're now pretty much non-existent. So do pray. It might do some kind of good.

Recent Oklahoma Earthquakes: https://stillwaterweather.com/okareaearthquakes

Yeah because prayer lowered the amount of earthquakes and it had nothing to do with the traffic light system and impossing limits on desposal wells. It was prayer and not the actions of government regulations. Prayer certainly wont help get covid numbers down but it wont make it worse either.

23. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine View Post
    Prayer certainly wont help get covid numbers down but it wont make it worse either.
    Well it depends on what you pray for.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    I have high blood pressure, cholesterol and need to lose 30 lbs. And I'm almost 62. I expected that if I got COVID it would be bad. I had it in March and barely knew I had anything. Really only put 2&2 together when I tested positive for antibodies. My wife had similar very minor symptoms right after me at that time. The worst was the odd hot spells, sweating spells and breathing issues since then. Still not severe though.
    Then around 3 weeks ago I had exactly the same symptoms as in March. But a little worse. I still feel really tired and generally like crap every day now. Unfortunately my wife also had the same symptoms she had in April about 2 weeks ago. She seems fine now except for being exhausted . She slept most of the holiday weekend.
    She hasn't left the house since March except to go to work and she's in a office by herself there. I go to work and do the shopping. I can stay very isolated at work and besides, most of this time work has been pretty empty. When shopping I wear N95 masks and go through lots of sanitizer. So I really don't get how I could catch anything but I did.
    Your eyes are very susceptible to contracting covid.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliSciGuy View Post
    OK is getting 40k doses of the vaccine (30k Pfizer, 10k Moderna) between Dec. 10-14. We have ~17,000 folks in LTC so I'd imagine the leftover goes to healthcare workers. Glad to see we're starting to get this out.

https://twitter.com/KassieMcClung/st...21449764708358
    now if i remember correctly.. the pfizer vaccine is a two dose vaccine... so that's really only about 25k people, correct?

Thread Information