Widgets Magazine
Page 319 of 455 FirstFirst ... 219269314315316317318319320321322323324369419 ... LastLast
Results 7,951 to 7,975 of 11357

Thread: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Hausfrau View Post
    We moved some of the larger limbs in our driveway and as I was jumping around the falling branches all I could think was, "If you twist or break your ankle, what's your plan?"
    ERs sound like a mess in the metro.
    Hopefully people don't go to the ER for a twisted ankle. If it's bad enough, go to a Minor Emergency.

Today's numbers have been delayed.

Blog Entries

We moved some of the larger limbs in our driveway and as I was jumping around the falling branches all I could think was, "If you twist or break your ankle, what's your plan?"
    ERs sound like a mess in the metro.
    Seeing what I did at the ER, I honestly was concerned about getting covid merely by taking someone to the hospital. Lots of people in a relatively confined area while checking in and waiting to be admitted. Chairs fairly close together. Kids running around unmasked. It wasn't good. The secondary effect of covid was on display.

Does anybody know if there are any Oklahoma-specific model predictions for cases for our current wave? I know that these models aren’t perfect, but I’m curious when the experts are thinking that this current wave may peak.

IMO, the COVID modeling has been fairly useless, because it's really tough to model human behavior.

I would say the peak will come sometime after the holidays, like January or February.

1.041 new cases today; 7-day rolling average 1,101. I get the very strong feeling this is just the eye of the hurricane.

20 more reported deaths, 2nd most ever. 7-day rolling average is over 12, an all-time high.

Hospitalizations 874 (-11).

No change for ICU, which remains at the all-time high of 305.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    Last two posts are both true. Also, ventilators are not a big current draw piece of equipment. Powering a bunch of them wouldn't overload just about any system.
    https://www.kgou.org/post/early-ice-...9looGmMSLKxgZw

9. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

That piece is talking about individuals and Dr offices not having any or not having enough generator capacity. Not hospitals, which I'm 99% sure are required to have full capacity generators capable of running 24/7 indefinitely.

10. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The U.S. had the highest number of cases ever yesterday, over 81,500.

I bet we'll be well over 100K before long.
    89,940 so far today. 100K once felt inconceivable, now it feels inevitable.

I hope they have hired some competent data managers that can write good code else our daily numbers are going to be jacked up yet again. It’s good that we’re starting to see some modernization in our processes; however, we probably need to revamp all of this from the ground up at this point.

Also, it’s interesting that they’re taking the picu et al and the percent positive data off the daily reports. Those are pretty important stats. As long as they’re included somewhere and it’s updates fairly frequently at least.

1,302 new cases today; 7-day rolling average 1,091.

20 more deaths; 7-day rolling average of over 13 is an all-time high.

Hospitalizations 865 (-9).

ICU 301 (-4).

14. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Another oddity the virus has caused. I think I'm safe to assume that the record setting early voting is because of the virus. But I've seen on FB and heard from a couple people in person that the lines are 2+ hours long. I wasn't in line for 2 hours at my regular voting place (near Rockwell &Hefner) last presidential election at 8:00ish in the morning. So how is early voting any safer than voting Tuesday? I heard on the news this morning that Florida has already had more early votes than the total votes 4 years ago.

^

Yeah, my polling place is never that busy, even for the last presidential election.

I kind of like going on the day and in person, which is what I'm planning to do on Tuesday.

I wonder if we see an additional uptick because of voting?

Went and did something Halloween related with the kids last night and was pleasantly surprised how many adults were wearing masks. Actually, the masks are kinda nice because they keep your face warm too.

17. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Quote Originally Posted by C_M_25 View Post

Went and did something Halloween related with the kids last night and was pleasantly surprised how many adults were wearing masks. Actually, the masks are kinda nice because they keep your face warm too.
    True. The excuse of masks are too hot is out the window for a few months.

18. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

I hate to keep harping on things I just don't get but I will anyway. I just listened to a number of commercials on the radio advertising "come out and join us this Halloween weekend for drinks, food, partying, etc". It will never cease to amaze me how much people just don't get it!
    Hell, I've been prescribed physical therapy for the EXTREME pain I've been having the past few months. I haven't driven my beloved Miata for months because this seat is kinda hard. and it hurts. I'm nervous about going to the PT center even though I know the PT people from when I had my hips replaced and trust that the center is anal about safety.

Semi-related anecdote, we went to the Flaming Lips Hallowe'en show at the Zoo a few years back as Day of the Dead and had to wear long underwear under our costumes, it was so cold. We were amazed at how warm our faces were covered with makeup, had no idea! Don't worry, Bill, the maskholes will find another excuse for not (or improperly) wearing them.

We went from “in these trying times, we are safer together” at the beginning to “screw it, you might as well catch it at Burger King so get your whoppers!”

The U.S. had over 101,000 new cases today.

The way this is ramping up heading into the holidays is very scary.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The U.S. had over 101,000 new cases today.

The way this is ramping up heading into the holidays is very scary.
    I was scared back in March, now I'm just numb.

Also, there is rarely anything in life that is black and white. This is no different. As we learn more through time, it’s ok to pivot to a different line of thinking. That’s how science works. Wear a mask. Social distance. If you are in a low-risk category, go live your life while maintaining the cdc recommendations for social distancing. Unfortunately, things like bars, churches, weddings, etc don’t really allow for social distancing...hence why they need to be shut down for a bit.
    You are wrong about Churches.

Quote Originally Posted by HHE View Post
    You are wrong about Churches.
    Yeah, you’re probably right to some degree. I know our church is trying to do it the right way; however, there are a lot of churches out there not doing it the right way.

Blog Entries

Yeah, you’re probably right to some degree. I know our church is trying to do it the right way; however, there are a lot of churches out there not doing it the right way.
    The same could be said for all the categories.

Churches are closed rooms and most have pretty poor ventilation, mixing the airborne all around. People are singing, which proves to be especially problematic regarding the expulsion and projection of the virus and breath vapors/particulates. People keep trying to make this a Christian vs heathen issue... it isn’t. It’s just science.

Thread Information