Widgets Magazine
Page 301 of 455 FirstFirst ... 201251296297298299300301302303304305306351401 ... LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,525 of 11357

Thread: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Edmond just extended their mask mandate. I used to be against masks but once I looked at the data it was undisputed that masks help stop the spread. I’m arguing with several people at once on Facebook that don’t want to wear a mask and what I’m saying doesn’t seem to be working. Sad. I hope these folks wear masks in public even though they claim they won’t.

2. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

For the first time in its 208-year history, the New England Journal of Medicine has published an editorial about elections. The title of the editorial is "Dying in a Leadership Vacuum" and it's worth the time to read. The magnitude of the US's failure to effectively respond to COVID-19 when compared with other nations (including other advanced democracies) is truly staggering.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.105...=featured_home

Quote Originally Posted by WileyPostage View Post
    For the first time in its 208-year history, the New England Journal of Medicine has published an editorial about elections. The title of the editorial is "Dying in a Leadership Vacuum" and it's worth the time to read. The magnitude of the US's failure to effectively respond to COVID-19 when compared with other nations (including other advanced democracies) is truly staggering.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.105...=featured_home
    Interesting read, not too surprising. Not mentioned in the article was how the travel ban from China started on Jan. 31 allowed for many exceptions. It's believed the source for covid infections in New York City came from Europe, but travel restrictions from Europe didn't start until mid March and didn't even include UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    Interesting read, not too surprising. Not mentioned in the article was how the travel ban from China started on Jan. 31 allowed for many exceptions. It's believed the source for covid infections in New York City came from Europe, but travel restrictions from Europe didn't start until mid March and didn't even include UK.
    It seems to me that any time a Virus like this is detected anywhere in the World that every Country should shut travel down instantly and get a handle on the spread. If China would have been upfront this would prob. have been isolated early on and we wouldn't be talking about it today.

Numbers are delayed today due to 'technical difficulties'.

1,212 new cases today; 7-day rolling average now 1,028.

Hospitalizations went down by 41 to 697.

252 in the ICU, down 6.

10 additional deaths.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OKCRT View Post
    It seems to me that any time a Virus like this is detected anywhere in the World that every Country should shut travel down instantly and get a handle on the spread. If China would have been upfront this would prob. have been isolated early on and we wouldn't be talking about it today.
    The first confirmed case in Oklahoma, was in Tulsa, from someone returning from Italy.

Ouch, new record high hospitalizations of covid -19 749 as of tonight. Not good.

Also Edmond has 466 active cases today.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/chile-sci...193817965.html

Nothing like a new virus mutation from the far reaches of the planet to inspire confidence heading into the winter...

I wonder how many zombie movies have started this way??

The U.S. had over 56,000 new cases yesterday, the highest in almost 2 months.

Things are headed in a very bad direction and it hasn't even turned cold yet.

Quote Originally Posted by C_M_25 View Post
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/chile-sci...193817965.html

Nothing like a new virus mutation from the far reaches of the planet to inspire confidence heading into the winter...

I wonder how many zombie movies have started this way??
    From that article:

Navarrete acknowledged similar mutations had been observed elsewhere, but he said the relative isolation and harsh climate of the famously cold and windy Magallanes region may have exaggerated its impacts.

"Some of these variables such as cold, wind, are associated with a higher rate of spread in the world," Navarrete said.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The U.S. had over 56,000 new cases yesterday, the highest in almost 2 months.

Things are headed in a very bad direction and it hasn't even turned cold yet.
    Indeed.

just looking at the White House debacle, one wonders if we are looking at a strain that is even more contagious.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    just looking at the White House debacle, one wonders if we are looking at a strain that is even more contagious.
    They took almost zero precautions and in fact held numerous, large events.

That alone explains the spread in the White House.

15. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

They took almost zero precautions and in fact held numerous, large events.

That alone explains the spread in the White House.
    Plus not having any idea how really large the number is of asymptomatic, contagious people there are out running around. And they have no idea they're contagious.

Everyone should be taking precautions all the time.

1,524 (!!) new cases today, smashing the previous all-time high.

Roling 7-day average now 1,076.

749 (+52) hospitalizations, yet another all-time high and a big jump for one day.

265 (+13) in the ICU.

6 additional deaths.

249 new cases in OK County.

wow... that is not good news.

18. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

749 (+52) hospitalizations, yet another all-time high and a big jump for one day.

265 (+13) in the ICU.

6 additional deaths.

Heckuva job Stittsy

Wonder when they are going or if they are going to close the schools down again.

20. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

I know it's east to blame Stitt and other leaders. However, OKC, Edmond, and others all have mask mandates in businesses. Half of the people who go into those businesses don't wear masks. Almost 97% of those business don't have the balls to say anything about it, so people just keep not wearing them. It's sad that all of this is political.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard at Remax View Post
    I know it's east to blame Stitt and other leaders. However, OKC,Edmond, and others all have mask mandates in businesses. Half of the people who go into those businesses don't wear maskes. Almost 97% of those business don't have the balls to say anything about it, so poeple just keep not wearing them. It's sad that all of this is political.
    The reason that people don't wear masks despite the mandate is 100% down to political leaders who constantly undermine through their own actions and words, contradict health experts, and use ridiculous propaganda to create the false illusion that things aren't as serious as they are.

265 (+13) in the ICU.

6 additional deaths.

Saw a social media post saying a Covid positive family member was unable to be admitted to Integris SW due to lack of capacity, reported no beds at OU, sent to ...Enid?
    If true, that is the most sobering thought. Usually we see transfers out of rural to higher level care, not the opposite.

23. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Agree Pete, maybe people should just stop watching at that crap. I just think there is a chunk of the population who don't want to wear one no matter what anyone says.

24. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

The reason that people don't wear masks despite the mandate is 100% down to political leaders who constantly undermine through their own actions and words, contradict health experts, and use ridiculous propaganda to create the false illusion that things aren't as serious as they are.
    Just an anecdote, but I was in Shreveport for a wedding back in August and was told specifically by the groom (whom I'd met once before) to "take my mask off, we don't wear those around here". By no surprise, I contracted COVID from that weekend. This has been so politicized, people are choosing to wear one based off of political affiliation in some cases vs. listening to the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard at Remax View Post
    Agree Pete, maybe people should just stop watching at that crap. I just think there is a chunk of the population who don't want to wear one no matter what anyone says.
    But they came to that decision based on months of this nonsense.

There have been plenty of examples in our past where people have rallied for a clear, common cause.

Thread Information