Widgets Magazine
Page 293 of 455 FirstFirst ... 193243288289290291292293294295296297298343393 ... LastLast
Results 7,301 to 7,325 of 11357

Thread: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/28/polit...rus/index.html I'm saying this is a good start but until we get something that is over the counter we are not changing the game. A test you can go buy and take a home would be a game changer. Even a test you can get at doctor office would be a game changer. You could get a flu test and covid test at the same time an know by the end of the day which one you might have.

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/28/polit...rus/index.html I'm saying this is a good start but until we get something that is over the counter we are not changing the game. A test you can go buy and take a home would be a game changer. Even a test you can get at doctor office would be a game changer. You could get a flu test and covid test at the same time an know by the end of the day which one you might have.
    It’s good to see more progress made on testing. I’m excited about the saliva-based test developed by Yale that the NBA has been testing. This test was recently FDA approved. The cost is less than $10 and you can get samples within minutes by using equipment already in most dr offices.

If we can have more frequent and faster testing, the risk of false negatives is also minimized and they become less of a factor. If you only take 1 test, a 10% false negative rate is pretty significant. But if you can test frequently, it’s less of a factor because you will get a true result more often than not.

Stillwater Medical activates surge plan to deal with spike in COVID-19 hospitalizations.
    https://www.stwnewspress.com/news/st...af5146559.html

Stillwater Medical Center reaches ICU capacity.
    https://www.ocolly.com/news/stillwat...440a5c06e.html

There is going to be NO WAY we stop this thing from spreading. We can lower the deaths from keeping it from "the old People". This virus at this point is going to spread no matter what we do. We still haven't learned to live with it. You have one group of people OMG MY GOD EVERYONE IS GOING TO DIE. DON'T LEAVE YOUR HOUSE Then you have another set oh it's no big deal it's only killing older population. How about we find some common ground where we can protect the older population, which is more vulnerable and still let the younger crowed live their lives as normal as possible.

The media finds these one or two stories about young people and they run with it and they put the fear of god in people.
    OK. You're a "wave the white flag, we're all gonna get it" guy. So, going forward, I will pay no attention to anything you have to say, because you are not commenting on how to contain the spread of this. You are assuming its spread is a foregone conclusion, so, yeah, I really don't care what you have to say, because it will do nothing to improve the situation, and only provide some weird justification for the maskholes that are screwing our state and country with their willful disregard.

Hey, Bunty, wondering if you think this is something people other than 65-plus should now be concerned about in Stillwater.

https://www.ocolly.com/news/stillwat...440a5c06e.html

I've been tracking the per capita new cases by state.

These are the numbers for the last 8 days; # of cases is per 1,000,000.

The thing that stands out is the rapid up-swing in the middle of the country:

1 North Dakota 4,498
    2 South Dakota 3,736
    3 Wisconsin 2,877
    4 Utah 2,775
    5 Oklahoma 2,236
    5 Iowa 2,236
    7 Idaho 2,189
    8 Arkansas 2,169
    9 Montana 2,137
    10 Kansas 2,086

8. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/28/polit...rus/index.html Even a test you can get at doctor office would be a game changer. You could get a flu test and covid test at the same time an know by the end of the day which one you might have.
    You can do this now.

9. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Quote Originally Posted by d-usa View Post
    If we can have more frequent and faster testing, the risk of false negatives is also minimized and they become less of a factor. If you only take 1 test, a 10% false negative rate is pretty significant. But if you can test frequently, it’s less of a factor because you will get a true result more often than not.
    I'm afraid if mega numbers of rapid tests become available there's a LARGE number of people that won't test anyway. So it won't make much difference if they're available but not used. Then there's the other side. If more people do get "randomly" tested there WILL be more positives to report, which will make the numbers go up when the spread rate really hasn't changed. So graphs and trends will be totally wonky again.

so wait... let me get this straight. because a low population state like Oklahoma is seeing significant increases, but some much more populated states that have done stricter methods of controlling spread are seeing much more success, our view is that others (but not those making this statement) are making it political and you just can't control the spread, so why try???? i'm going to have to let that sink in for a bit here....

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I've been tracking the per capita new cases by state.

These are the numbers for the last 8 days; # of cases is per 1,000,000.

The thing that stands out is the rapid up-swing in the middle of the country:

1 North Dakota 4,498
    2 South Dakota 3,736
    3 Wisconsin 2,877
    4 Utah 2,775
    5 Oklahoma 2,236
    5 Iowa 2,236
    7 Idaho 2,189
    8 Arkansas 2,169
    9 Montana 2,137
    10 Kansas 2,086
    This list being led by the Dakotas is insane to think about how little amount of people live there.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    This list being led by the Dakotas is insane to think about how little amount of people live there.
    Yes, it would seem social distancing is a given.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Yes, it would seem social distancing is a given.
    I believe SD's governor has been worse than almost any other governor during this pandemic, but I could be wrong. Don't know why ND is so bad, though, haven't heard much/done much research about that state's policies (or apparently, lack thereof).

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Their numbers shot way up after the Trump Rushmore event and Sturgis.

Before that, they had very few cases.

1,025 new cases today; 7-day rolling average 1,021.

11 additional deaths reported.

618 hospitalized.

157 new cases in OK County.

Pete, I have no evidence, but I read on another forum that a fairly significant amount of Covid patients from Oklahoma are currently in Texas and Kansas hospitals.

Are you aware of this?

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Pete, I have no evidence, but I read on another forum that a fairly significant amount of Covid patients from Oklahoma are currently in Texas and Kansas hospitals.

Are you aware of this?
    No, I don't know anything about this.

18. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

No, I don't know anything about this.
    This was posted on Oklahoma Source a couple days ago. Followed by a request for a source that never happened and some other "I've heard" comments.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    OK. You're a "wave the white flag, we're all gonna get it" guy. So, going forward, I will pay no attention to anything you have to say, because you are not commenting on how to contain the spread of this. You are assuming its spread is a foregone conclusion, so, yeah, I really don't care what you have to say, because it will do nothing to improve the situation, and only provide some weird justification for the maskholes that are screwing our state and country with their willful disregard.
    You tell me since your an expert how Florida with the population of 21 million people has less cases than Oklahoma with a population of 4 million people. Social distancing is the best way to stop the spread of the virus doesn't mean you have to close everything down you just need to stay away from people as much as possible. And I don't want to hear about how the Dakota's are spread out and they have social distance they have towns and cities just like we do. If you think paper mask are the only answer your fooling yourself.

You tell me since your an expert how Florida with the population of 21 million people has less cases than Oklahoma with a population of 4 million people.
    For one thing, Florida has had all their bars and clubs completely closed until last Friday.

They also had restrictions on restaurant capacity.

All of this was done statewide, as opposed 'I'll leave it up to the cities but don't think they can enforce anything' attitude here.

For one thing, Florida has had all their bars and clubs completely closed until last Friday.

They also had restrictions on restaurant capacity.

All of this was done statewide, as opposed 'I'll leave it up to the cities but don't think they can enforce anything' attitude here.
    When do they open everything back up I thought they did a week or so ago.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    I believe SD's governor has been worse than almost any other governor during this pandemic, but I could be wrong. Don't know why ND is so bad, though, haven't heard much/done much research about that state's policies (or apparently, lack thereof).
    I would still go with the governor from NY as the worse. I base my evaluation on deaths per million.

#1 NY ---1,828 deaths per 1 million people from the virus

# 37 Oklahoma 257 deaths

#39 South Dakota 252 deaths per 1 million people

The decision by the governors up east to send the infected elderly patients back in to the nursing homes might be the single worst gubernatorial decision in my lifetime. The 2nd worst might be keeping the subway system open in NYC throughout the entire process. If you haven't seen the graph that shows how many of the Covid infections nation wide came from NYC is astounding.

Blog Entries

You tell me since your an expert how Florida with the population of 21 million people has less cases than Oklahoma with a population of 4 million people. Social distancing is the best way to stop the spread of the virus doesn't mean you have to close everything down you just need to stay away from people as much as possible. And I don't want to hear about how the Dakota's are spread out and they have social distance they have towns and cities just like we do. If you think paper mask are the only answer your fooling yourself.
    According to Apple News, using numbers from the CDC, Florida has 701,000 cases, and over 14,000 deaths, ranked by per capita, as 2 in cases and 11th in deaths. Oklahoma has over 85,000 cases and over 1,000 deaths, ranked 23rd and 38th in deaths. Where do you get your numbers?

I will answer why I think we have more and having an increase. Just because we have cities that are requiring masks and social distancing, it just isn't happening. I can use for example the guy in line behind be at Ace Hardware in Edmond. Refuses to wear a mask. Personal choice, and no one else has to worry about it if they are wearing a mask. Nope that is nope that is not the way it is. I changed parishes, why because even though there is a mandatory rule about wearing them in the Archdiocese, many people there have made the decision not to wear them or social distance. When large groups of people decide it is ok to just get together without masks and socialize be it after church or at friends houses or in stores, restaurants or bars, guess what. No wonder we are having increased numbers. Also i cannot get over how aggressive people in stores are toward others. In Sprouts today, 2 different people about ran me down with their shopping carts. They feel like they can just run around the store and if you are in their way and cannot move out quick enough, too bad. Same in the parking lot. Me with my bad knee was almost run over by a car, too big of rush vs me slow with a bad knee. No consideration for older people. And well its only the older people that get covid 19 and died, not my problem. Well if you are one of the older people it is our problem.

I was talking about Florida numbers today sorry if I didn't specifically say that I think they had I think 756 cases today and Oklahoma had over 1,000. Hard for me to imagine in any scenario that a state with five times the population has less cases

Thread Information