Widgets Magazine
Page 288 of 455 FirstFirst ... 188238283284285286287288289290291292293338388 ... LastLast
Results 7,176 to 7,200 of 11357

Thread: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

1. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    Where are the antibody test . What ever happen to testing for antibodies. You would think by now we would be doing just as much of that testing. If you have the antibodies and I know we don't know how long they last but if you have them wouldn't you feel a little better about going to work or going out to eat. My lab wanted $100 for the test. I passed but thought it would be easier and quicker to get results back than a covid test. With so many showing little to no symptoms you would think this would almost be an easier way to find out how many have truly have had covid.
    You can get a free antibody test at OBI.

https://obi.org/about-us/newsroom/ok...d-donors/2331/

Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I am tired of politicians constantly spinning things to cover up their mismanagement -- and then not being held accountable.

They are forever cherry-picking stats at a point in time, then conveniently never mentioning them again when the same numbers start to make them look bad.
    It's fascinating how those that politized it in the first place are now the ones that look like idiots. And not even for the way they managed it, but for the way that they politized it.

Somehow, in this day and age, pretending something isn't real so they don't have to actually do anything about it is a more advantageous political strategy than actually solving a problem in the community.

They deserve accountability for this, of course, but the fact that open denial of reality is a somewhat effective political strategy is almost more reflective of the culture than a failure of individual leadership.

Pretty much all of the politicians, or "leaders", if you will, that have taken the deny-and-do-nothing approach were well known to be science deniers and/or of conspiratorial mind before any of this. In a very real way, this is what a lot of people wanted... and some, apparently, still want. Not that anyone wished for a deadly pandemic, specifically, but that they wanted these people to operate with a disregard of scientific approach and empirical data when they first nominated them.

This is basically the same thing as seeking out a doctor that will disregard your lab results, if it they don't agree with what you wanted the results to be.

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    You can get a free antibody test at OBI.

https://obi.org/about-us/newsroom/ok...d-donors/2331/
    I can't donate for health reasons. I wish there was more "mobile stations" where you could get a antibody test like you can a covid test.

4. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Unfortunately CDC #'s are not credible due to the "sharpie" influence exerted by HHS. What was once the gold standard is now more like mercury.
    Actually I remember much more of the CDC posting numbers or guidances and the administration saying the CDC is wrong.

5. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

I can't donate for health reasons. I wish there was more "mobile stations" where you could get a antibody test like you can a covid test.
    Just search "okc antibody testing". Lots of places come up. Many drive thru.

Oklahoma was #4 again yesterday in terms of new cases per capita.

Only North Dakota, South Dakota (gee, wonder what caused this?) and Missouri were higher.

7. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Well I knew it had to happen eventually. We have two buildings with about 40 employees in each. A guy in the other building from where my office is felt bad, got tested and is positive. Most of that building is in quarantine.

1,089 new cases today, an unprecedented 7 straight days over 1,000.

7-day rolling average now 1,125, another record high.

174 new cases in OK County.

612 hospitalizations statewide.

8 additional reported deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    1,089 new cases today, an unprecedented 7 straight days over 1,000.

7-day rolling average now 1,125, another record high.

174 new cases in OK County.

612 hospitalizations statewide.

8 additional reported deaths.
    Are we testing more or is that been about the same? What now is the average age? Is it cause we are testing more teenagers? I'm sure the number of cases are really going up in that age range as I'm sure some of them were not getting tested in the summer but now that they are in school and playing sports they are probably being tested?

Are we testing more or is that been about the same? What now is the average age? Is it cause we are testing more teenagers? I'm sure the number of cases are really going up in that age range as I'm sure some of them were not getting tested in the summer but now that they are in school and playing sports they are probably being tested?
    You seemingly ask the same questions over and over. We are not testing more. We have an infection rate over 10%. Cases are going up. We are in the second wave now; it is obvious.

If you are on Facebook I would recommend following Oklahoma Source. They report the number of pediatric cases daily, Yes, more teens and young people are getting it, because they are in school and hanging out with their friends and playing sports. But the increase is not limited to that. As an example, today there were 125 new pediatric cases out of our 1089.

This means that nearly 90% of today's new cases WERE NOT from kids and teenagers.

You also can just read the Oklahoman's daily report or visit OSDH. It breaks down the cases by age range. This is widely available information. Not to be a jerk, but just asking the same questions over and over when the information is easily accessible gets rather tiring.

Remember: nearly 100% of these pediatric cases will ultimately expose a parent, sibling, friend, grandparent, teacher, etc. So pediatric cases do not happen in isolation and children do spread the disease.

The state is in the second wave now. This one is already exceeding the outbreak we saw in July through early August, and the hard-headedness of so many Oklahomans (even willful delusion) indicates this is going to get way, way worse. I think it will get bad enough we will see a second shutdown, because stubborn stupidity and rudderless leadership.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    You seemingly ask the same questions over and over. We are not testing more. We have an infection rate over 10%. Cases are going up. We are in the second wave now; it is obvious.

If you are on Facebook I would recommend following Oklahoma Source. They report the number of pediatric cases daily, Yes, more teens and young people are getting it, because they are in school and hanging out with their friends and playing sports. But the increase is not limited to that. As an example, today there were 125 new pediatric cases out of our 1089.

You also can just read the Oklahoman's daily report or visit OSDH. It breaks down the cases by age range. This is widely available information. Not to be a jerk, but just asking the same questions over and over when the information is easily accessible gets rather tiring.

Remember: nearly 100% of these pediatric cases will ultimately expose a parent, sibling, friend, grandparent, teacher, etc. So pediatric cases do not happen in isolation and children do spread the disease.

The state is in the second wave now. This one is already exceeding the outbreak we saw in July through early August, and the hard-headedness of so many Oklahomans (even willful delusion) indicates this is going to get way, way worse. I think it will get bad enough we will see a second shutdown, because stubborn stupidity and rudderless leadership.
    Actually, we are technically testing more. Remember, they added in the rapid test results into the daily numbers a week or so ago. While we may not be running any more tests in the grand scheme, we are actually including more tests in the counts than we were before.

It’s not surprising to see our numbers above 1000/day with the inclusion of the rapid tests.

Quote Originally Posted by C_M_25 View Post
    Actually, we are technically testing more. Remember, they added in the rapid test results into the daily numbers a week or so ago. While we may not be running any more tests in the grand scheme, we are actually including more tests in the counts than we were before.

It’s not surprising to see our numbers above 1000/day with the inclusion of the rapid tests.
    How many additional tests / day did that add? Just curious. Regardless, the infection rate did not go down so the increase in numbers of specimens did not lower the infection percentage, meaning we are merely discovering more infections that existed that we were not counting. This basically means we have been undercounting cases for months (and that is likely because the rapid tests were less reliable at one time).

13. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

We have been around 9% positive rate for some time. \

"Today, OU Chief COVID Officer Dr. Dale Bratzler said the current spike is driven by universities reopening, Labor Day, gatherings, prison outbreaks and the addition of antigen tests to the numbers. He also said he's seeing increasing spread in rural areas."

https://twitter.com/KOCODillon/statu...864940033?s=20

14. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

How many additional tests / day did that add? Just curious. Regardless, the infection rate did not go down so the increase in numbers of specimens did not lower the infection percentage, meaning we are merely discovering more infections that existed that we were not counting. This basically means we have been undercounting cases for months (and that is likely because the rapid tests were less reliable at one time).
    I don't know what actually added to total results but we averaged 7311 reported results per day in July, 8161 per day in August and 10,030 per day so far in September.

Are the reported hospitalizations just ICU or all hospitalizations?

Quote Originally Posted by BDP View Post
    General hospitalizations with some subset in the ICU.

17. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Quote Originally Posted by BDP View Post
    All.

This means that nearly 90% of today's new cases WERE NOT from kids and teenagers.

Someone on this board needs to get a grip. Damn just asking a question that i don't think i have every asked or asked in months. Things do change you know. I was wondering how many more teenagers are testing positive now that they are back in school vs the summer time. Also are the number of rapid test being counted. I know if they are positive they are being counted but are the test themselves being counted as a test. Ou football is testing what every day or every other day are all them test being counted? Damn get a grip.

Are Oklahoma's percentages better or worse than the national average?

The US govt last week updated the survival rates (i.e., IF infected) for Covid19:

0-19 99.997%
    20-49 99.98%
    50-69 99.5%
    70+ 94.6%

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...scenarios.html

Someone on this board needs to get a grip. Damn just asking a question that i don't think i have every asked or asked in months. Things do change you know. I was wondering how many more teenagers are testing positive now that they are back in school vs the summer time. Also are the number of rapid test being counted. I know if they are positive they are being counted but are the test themselves being counted as a test. Ou football is testing what every day or every other day are all them test being counted? Damn get a grip.
    I'm sorry if I came across as rude. Not my intention. My comments were too personal. Please accept my apology. I think everyone is stressed out by this right now (and if they aren't, there is probably something wrong there). In the future, I will try to not be so knee-jerk in my response. If we were talking in person I'm sure this would have been fine. It's obviously hard to tell tone in text. Again, I'm sorry.

As to your question about teenagers and preteens, yes, they represent about 11% of the new cases. That means of course that 89% of the new cases are not preteens or teenagers, although I think we could easily surmise that many of those kids are spreading to their parents and caregivers and teachers.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    Non hepa filters rated MERV-13 can catch most viruses, but are more expensive.

Are we really back to the discredited "we have more sick people because we test more" craziness? If anything, we should be concerned about all we don't test and know about who are going about spreading it in the general population that will lead to more sickness and more death.

I'm sorry if I came across as rude. Not my intention. My comments were too personal. Please accept my apology. I think everyone is stressed out by this right now (and if they aren't, there is probably something wrong there). In the future, I will try to not be so knee-jerk in my response. If we were talking in person I'm sure this would have been fine. It's obviously hard to tell tone in text. Again, I'm sorry.

As to your question about teenagers and preteens, yes, they represent about 11% of the new cases. That means of course that 89% of the new cases are not preteens or teenagers, although I think we could easily surmise that many of those kids are spreading to their parents and caregivers and teachers.
    You're fine I don't hold grudges and I came back a little snappy too I really was just wondering if things have changed in the testing department that's all. With more and more rapid testing I was just wondering if that was adding to total test which it seems to have but yes we still at a high rate

Again, I really don't think the rapid tests are responsible for most of this increase.

As I wrote here (https://www.okctalk.com/showthread.p...41#post1137941), when the OSDH announced they'd be including rapid tests they cited 5,000 positives from rapid tests that had not yet been included. At that point the official total was around 67,000 -- so up to that point rapid tests accounted for around 7% of positives. The fact that we are steadily increasing the 7-day average at this point really points to something other than the inclusion of rapid testing being at play here....

Quote Originally Posted by LocoAko View Post
    Again, I really don't think the rapid tests are responsible for most of this increase.

As I wrote here (https://www.okctalk.com/showthread.p...41#post1137941), when the OSDH announced they'd be including rapid tests they cited 5,000 positives from rapid tests that had not yet been included. At that point the official total was around 67,000 -- so up to that point rapid tests accounted for around 7% of positives. The fact that we are steadily increasing the 7-day average at this point really points to something other than the inclusion of rapid testing being at play here....
    This is what I suspected, but failed to put in words. Regardless, including the rapid tests in our numbers only further verifies that we are an orange / red state in Covid cases, growing weekly, as is also validated by increased hospitalizations and deaths.

I'm curious about the comparison of number of cases between Okla. and Tulsa counties. All summer they were neck and neck with sometimes Tulsa county having more. (which was odd based on Okla county having larger population). Now in a relatively short period of time Okla county has surged far ahead in the number of cases. What has caused this change? Both Tulsa and Okc have mask mandates and the school situations are very similar.

Thread Information