Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 455 FirstFirst 123456752102 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Default Re: University of Oklahoma

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Good for OU. It’s the absolute right decision.

Source: https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...ything/607675/

such an overreaction

2. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

A flight attendant was admitted last night. Not all of the symptoms were consistent with Covid but they did two respiratory panels on the patient and both came back negative.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    such an overreaction
    If we take drastic measures and prevent an outbreak the response will be "such an overreaction". If we don't take drastic measures and end up with an outbreak, the response will be "there is nothing we could have done".

4. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Step 1, wash your hands. Step 2, dont rub your eyes or touch your mouth without first following step 1.

Step 3, YOU SHOULD ALREADY BE DOING THIS ANYWAY!

Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

The frustrating thing right now is that if you try to encourage calm and rationality, you're minimizing the seriousness of the situation. On the other hand, if you try to stress that the dynamics of this are different from the flu, you're fostering hysteria.

I'm just washing my hands a lot. And trying to tell my kids to do the same.

The testing for this is exactly how most medical testing goes - which goes against the way most people think about testing and probability, and until I read up about how this works in the medical community I didn't entirely understand it. Now, someone in medicine can correct/refine me, but the idea is that most medical tests are designed to prove a negative. You have symptom "A", let's test to prove you don't have "X" that causes symptom "A". On that basis, the US response to testing for COVID-19 was entirely consistent - you don't set out to prove a bunch of subjects *have* it. You test to prove they *don't.*

And that explains why you started hearing about tests moving to a "presumptive positive" - that's exactly the mode you go into when you change how you approach a *specific* situation like this - you're no longer proving a negative, you're confirming a positive. That's a different ball of mathematical/probabilistic wax.

I think all any of us can do is continue to be smart, wash hands (a lot), and think long and hard about any long-range travel for at least a time. If you're in the higher-risk groups for age and primary health issues, even more discretion is needed. I'm just hoping we can start to get ahead of this soon, for the sake of everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    My child at OU tells me they have received information the school may 1) extend Spring break indefinitely 2) cancel classes for 2 weeks 3) go online
    My son at OSU got a similar notification.

Just asked my son, an OU student, if he'd heard anything like this...said he hadn't so far.

Going online is happening all over the country. Coming soon here probably.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    Just asked my son, an OU student, if he'd heard anything like this...said he hadn't so far.
    I have siblings at OU, and both were told to bring everything with them on spring break as they will most likely be moving to online for the remainder of the semester. University of Tulsa has already made the decision, so it is only a matter of time.

Blog Entries

Tulsa area had two confirmed cases now. It's just a matter of time before the virus hits us. Stay tuned...

I have a feeling the Thunder game on Friday is going to be done without fans. Which sucks cause of course I have tickets. lol.

But at the same time I understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    I have a feeling the Thunder game on Friday is going to be done without fans. Which sucks cause of course I have tickets. lol.

But at the same time I understand.
    i doubt it

13. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    Tulsa area had two confirmed cases now. It's just a matter of time before the virus hits us. Stay tuned...
    As I said above... A flight attendant was admitted here last night with respiratory issues that came back negative for all the known causes. They are being tested for Covid.

This is really a bad time for Spring Allergies to kick in. We needed some food in the House, so going out shopping was no choice.

As soon as I stepped outside, bam, eyes watering and sneezing my head off. Pollen from the Colorado Red Cedars around Mustang.

Even sneezing into your elbow, or your Handkerchief, makes every one stare at you like your a leper. Fun times.

i doubt it
    Considering I got my info from a family member that works for the NBA, I think it's more likely than you think, that or you have insider info as well.

Considering I got my info from a family member that works for the NBA, I think it's more likely than you think, that or you have insider info as well.
    i was told the nba will remove fans city by city and case by case pretty much will have fans until they can't any more ...

ie san fran wanted and asked the warriors to cancel or not have fans last night .. . and the warriors said no ..... today the city bans groups over 1000 and warriors home games will now not have crowds

thunder just sent out an email to season ticket holders outlining the steps they are talking to make the arena and game as safe as possible ..

No crowds for NCAA Tourney.

Well, that escalated quickly. Cancelling an NBA game at the last minute.

Well, OKC has a positive case now, in the most surreal way imaginable.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1237914656490078213

i was told the nba will remove fans city by city and case by case pretty much will have fans until they can't any more ...

ie san fran wanted and asked the warriors to cancel or not have fans last night .. . and the warriors said no ..... today the city bans groups over 1000 and warriors home games will now not have crowds
    Again I had insider knowledge that’s why I said what I did.

Looks like I got good info.

Just FYI all staff and whatnot that came in contact with the players looks like they may be getting tested. They are currently being held at the arena waiting on the health department.

This is what the person I know that works in the NBA just text me.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    Well, OKC has a positive case now, in the most surreal way imaginable.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1237914656490078213
    And his name is Rudy Gobert...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
    And his name is Rudy Gobert...lol
    Truly unbelievable.

No matter when this gets turned around, the economic impact is going to be immense.

Way, way worse than 9/11 or anything else in modern history.

Thread Information