Widgets Magazine
Page 226 of 245 FirstFirst ... 126176221222223224225226227228229230231 ... LastLast
Results 5,626 to 5,650 of 6109

Thread: Covid-19 (Including Political Discussion)

  1. Default Re: Covid-19 (Including Political Discussion)

    Quote Originally Posted by Outhunder View Post
    Now that is gold.
    Fool's gold.

  2. #5627

    Default Re: Covid-19 (Including Political Discussion)

    i mean i guess if you ignore his bias... it's probably pretty unbiased

  3. #5628

    Default Re: Covid-19 (Including Political Discussion)

    Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    that alone tells me that you didn't do your research on RFK JR and his anti-vax beliefs going back over 20 years, before you started the book. Always remember to research the author first, then realize his biases as you read.

    remember that being part of the anti-vax, not scientifically supported at all movement, is not democrat or republican, It's is a movement based on zero facts that has been pushed by people of ever walk of life, and across all political spectrums. the only common point is that it is all bull, and none of it is actually supported by an science.
    My response to that is....just what I stated.....read the book. I said that it was all backed up by references. It's not an opinion piece, but go ahead and believe the lying MSM, Fauci, and the rest of the Dems. I'd think an intelligent person like yourself would want to open your mind a little to maybe some other possibilities. I try to look for good and honesty in things but this is blatantly being over played and people lost their lives needlessly. Hey, it's only $2.99 ebook on Amazon, surely you can afford that?

  4. #5629

    Default Re: Covid-19 (Including Political Discussion)

    Robert F. Kennedy's education is in economics and environmental law.

    PSA: When seeking medical advice, call a doctor, not a lawyer.

  5. #5630

    Default Re: Covid-19 (Including Political Discussion)

    Quote Originally Posted by BDP View Post
    Robert F. Kennedy's education is in economics and environmental law.

    PSA: When seeking medical advice, call a doctor, not a lawyer.
    Maybe so......but he's known Fauci for many years, and he explains that in the Prologue. Actually, you miss the point entirely, and I know you're not dumb, but he's not giving medical advice, he's just reporting, even though he's not a reporter. I'm really shocked that you die hard Dems are criticizing him so much, I guess you all can't support another Dem because he's not liberal enough?? Maybe you should spend the $2.99 and see what's up before attacking a fellow Dem, and a Kennedy no less. If I knew you personally I'd even throw in the couple of bucks just for kicks. Go read the book and come back to me......

  6. #5631

    Default Re: Covid-19 (Including Political Discussion)

    Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    i mean i guess if you ignore his bias... it's probably pretty unbiased
    As Obama would say:

    but...but...but....but.... he's.....he's.....he's...a fellow Dem. It....it...it....it...doesn't make sense.

  7. #5632

    Default Re: Covid-19 (Including Political Discussion)

    Quote Originally Posted by Oklapatriot View Post
    Maybe so......but he's known Fauci for many years, and he explains that in the Prologue. Actually, you miss the point entirely, and I know you're not dumb, but he's not giving medical advice, he's just reporting, even though he's not a reporter. I'm really shocked that you die hard Dems are criticizing him so much, I guess you all can't support another Dem because he's not liberal enough?? Maybe you should spend the $2.99 and see what's up before attacking a fellow Dem, and a Kennedy no less. If I knew you personally I'd even throw in the couple of bucks just for kicks. Go read the book and come back to me......
    Party affiliation is not a qualification. RFK jr.'s affiliation with the democratic party has no bearing on whether he's a trusted source regarding public health issues.

    Vaccines science is also neither liberal nor conservative, Democratic nor Republican.

    I'm not even sure why a take on Fauci would be categorized in that context, either. Fauci has been an advisor to every President since Reagan, which includes Republicans, Democrats, and Trump.

    Robert F Kennedy's anti-vaxx stance and the incorrect assertions he's made to support it are well documented. It's hard to trust him as a reporter in any context, given his record of playing fast and loose with facts in general, but more specifically on medical and public health issues.

  8. #5633

    Default Re: Covid-19 (Including Political Discussion)

    Quote Originally Posted by BDP View Post
    Party affiliation is not a qualification. RFK jr.'s affiliation with the democratic party has no bearing on whether he's a trusted source regarding public health issues.

    Vaccines science is also neither liberal nor conservative, Democratic nor Republican.

    I'm not even sure why a take on Fauci would be categorized in that context, either. Fauci has been an advisor to every President since Reagan, which includes Republicans, Democrats, and Trump.

    Robert F Kennedy's anti-vaxx stance and the incorrect assertions he's made to support it are well documented. It's hard to trust him as a reporter in any context, given his record of playing fast and loose with facts in general, but more specifically on medical and public health issues.
    Remember I said "follow the money?" Fauci has made a fortune in his long career, and continues to profit off of this pandemic. Of course, think what you want, I'm not going to criticize you for having your own thoughts and opinions on this subject, just as I expect the same treatment. We can choose to believe what seems reasonable and truthful to us without belittling folks that disagree. My concern is that some folks are blaming other folks for this pandemic just because they chose to not take the vaccine. I guess that in my opinion the Biden administration has continued to handle this situation poorly, and I hope we can survive another year of lost freedoms, inflation, etc., before the next congress has the guts to impeach the old fellow.

  9. #5634

    Default Re: Covid-19 (Including Political Discussion)

    Quote Originally Posted by Oklapatriot View Post
    Remember I said "follow the money?" Fauci has made a fortune in his long career, and continues to profit off of this pandemic. Of course, think what you want, I'm not going to criticize you for having your own thoughts and opinions on this subject, just as I expect the same treatment. We can choose to believe what seems reasonable and truthful to us without belittling folks that disagree. My concern is that some folks are blaming other folks for this pandemic just because they chose to not take the vaccine. I guess that in my opinion the Biden administration has continued to handle this situation poorly, and I hope we can survive another year of lost freedoms, inflation, etc., before the next congress has the guts to impeach the old fellow.
    Are you saying The Covid deaths of those who refuse to wear masks and/or get vaccinated are Biden's fault? Are you saying It's Biden's fault that republicans won't do their part to save lives and end this pandemic?

  10. #5635

    Default Re: Covid-19 (Including Political Discussion)

    Quote Originally Posted by Oklapatriot View Post
    Remember I said "follow the money?" Fauci has made a fortune in his long career, and continues to profit off of this pandemic. Of course, think what you want, I'm not going to criticize you for having your own thoughts and opinions on this subject, just as I expect the same treatment. We can choose to believe what seems reasonable and truthful to us without belittling folks that disagree. My concern is that some folks are blaming other folks for this pandemic just because they chose to not take the vaccine. I guess that in my opinion the Biden administration has continued to handle this situation poorly, and I hope we can survive another year of lost freedoms, inflation, etc., before the next congress has the guts to impeach the old fellow.
    How much money has Dr. Fauci made outside of his government position? A "fortune" is subjective.
    Who paid him and how much?
    Over the course of how many years?
    Why is this just now a concern?
    Are his 1040's public?
    Inquiring minds want to know.

  11. #5636

    Default Re: Covid-19 (Including Political Discussion)

    Quote Originally Posted by Outhunder View Post
    Are you saying The Covid deaths of those who refuse to wear masks and/or get vaccinated are Biden's fault? Are you saying It's Biden's fault that republicans won't do their part to save lives and end this pandemic?
    I wouldnt go that far. However they have done a very poor job advertising the vaccine to the people that vote Republican are young, and certain minority communities. The shut up and take the jab becuase an expert said so rhetoric has faile with this demographic. I mean look at these cringe videos.

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2hekDuCBxCc

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pa_gk3X5UEE

  12. #5637

    Default Re: Covid-19 (Including Political Discussion)

    Quote Originally Posted by Oklapatriot View Post
    Maybe so......but he's known Fauci for many years, and he explains that in the Prologue. Actually, you miss the point entirely, and I know you're not dumb, but he's not giving medical advice, he's just reporting, even though he's not a reporter. I'm really shocked that you die hard Dems are criticizing him so much, I guess you all can't support another Dem because he's not liberal enough?? Maybe you should spend the $2.99 and see what's up before attacking a fellow Dem, and a Kennedy no less. If I knew you personally I'd even throw in the couple of bucks just for kicks. Go read the book and come back to me......
    Why don't you just post one of the stronger points that RFK Jr. makes, along with his references rather than expecting everyone to refute whatever is in the book without having to actually post a point (and then complaining when nobody refutes the points you haven't even made)? If you can't even do that, then we must consider everything you are saying here as a pure waste of everyone's time.

  13. #5638

    Default Re: Covid-19 (Including Political Discussion)

    Quote Originally Posted by Cid View Post
    Why don't you just post one of the stronger points that RFK Jr. makes, along with his references rather than expecting everyone to refute whatever is in the book without having to actually post a point (and then complaining when nobody refutes the points you haven't even made)? If you can't even do that, then we must consider everything you are saying here as a pure waste of everyone's time.
    LOL, it's a 900 page book. I'll just say one of the points is that Fauci is a con artist and has caused thousands of needless deaths. There you go....attack. The only way you could get any feel for the mass of information would be to let go of the $2,99 for the e-version. If you're interested in the hardcover, out of luck. Amazon ran out. They either ran out due to large demand or they're withholding the info. This is information that was withheld from the public and as this gets to more people there will be a wave of outrage.

  14. #5639

    Default Re: Covid-19 (Including Political Discussion)


  15. #5640

    Default Re: Covid-19 (Including Political Discussion)

    Quote Originally Posted by Oklapatriot View Post
    LOL, it's a 900 page book. I'll just say one of the points is that Fauci is a con artist and has caused thousands of needless deaths. There you go....attack. The only way you could get any feel for the mass of information would be to let go of the $2,99 for the e-version. If you're interested in the hardcover, out of luck. Amazon ran out. They either ran out due to large demand or they're withholding the info. This is information that was withheld from the public and as this gets to more people there will be a wave of outrage.
    so first of all... that isn't actually a point... that is an opinion of the author. and will continue to be so, if you don't provide any information along with it that supports that.

    and if this information has been withheld from the public, how is he referencing it? where do these references you mention point to? If those references exist, are the only available in countries that are not the US? in what way is this information that is apparently readily available and able to be reference being withheld from us?

  16. #5641

    Default Re: Covid-19 (Including Political Discussion)

    Quote Originally Posted by Oklapatriot View Post
    umm. so the first is just the dust cover preview that they do for every book. still doesn't state that anything within it is something that is true or that simon and schuster as a company supports, believes or condones.

    the second link is just a brief opinion blurb written by someone whom i do not know, and his bio does not list his expertise to be able to give an actual opinion on the subject of the book, as his expertise is apparently philosophy and theocracy, none of which you have shown to be the way that RFK jr is attempting to make his point. It seems like you say he is making a comment and then referencing it with withheld facts that apparently are now not withheld... not that he is attacking it from a philosophical standpoint... so that means that this article isn't actually helpful in determining any accuracy of the book, because the person writing the blurb (not even really a review) isn't credible in the field.


    I'm still waiting for you to make a single statement that is made in the book, with the associated references to support it. so that we can see. That is the only way i am going to get any information from it, because there is no way i'm going to give RFK Jr my money.

  17. #5642

    Default Re: Covid-19 (Including Political Discussion)

    Maybe this will help...

    How dare people not worship RFK, jr?
    How dare people not join the mobs wanting to kill fauci!
    How dare people not believe the conspiracy theory that fauci created covid to get rich!

    Do any of the right wingers have any beliefs grounded in reality?

    I've never liked any member of the kennedy family. RFKjr is at the bottom of my list. He's not credible.

    What suckers.

  18. #5643

    Default Re: Covid-19 (Including Political Discussion)

    Quote Originally Posted by Oklapatriot View Post
    LOL, it's a 900 page book. I'll just say one of the points is that Fauci is a con artist and has caused thousands of needless deaths. There you go....attack. The only way you could get any feel for the mass of information would be to let go of the $2,99 for the e-version. If you're interested in the hardcover, out of luck. Amazon ran out. They either ran out due to large demand or they're withholding the info. This is information that was withheld from the public and as this gets to more people there will be a wave of outrage.
    Still no point, and no supporting evidence.

    You are indeed wasting everyone's time, and are doing it on purpose. And this is what you cry about when you say you are being attacked?

  19. #5644

    Default Re: Covid-19 (Including Political Discussion)

    Quote Originally Posted by Oklapatriot View Post
    Remember I said "follow the money?" Fauci has made a fortune in his long career, and continues to profit off of this pandemic. Of course, think what you want, I'm not going to criticize you for having your own thoughts and opinions on this subject, just as I expect the same treatment. We can choose to believe what seems reasonable and truthful to us without belittling folks that disagree. My concern is that some folks are blaming other folks for this pandemic just because they chose to not take the vaccine. I guess that in my opinion the Biden administration has continued to handle this situation poorly, and I hope we can survive another year of lost freedoms, inflation, etc., before the next congress has the guts to impeach the old fellow.
    And RFK Jr and all the other anti vaxxers arent profiting either? Why do you really think these people get so far deep into this quackery and peddle books, bogus products and have paid subscription services? Surely not because they think they are doing mankind a favor is it? They all make money off this quackery.

  20. #5645

  21. #5646

    Default Re: Covid-19 (Including Political Discussion)

    Quote Originally Posted by Canoe View Post
    I don't think either of those were produced by the government. The SNL one is actually satire, not a PSA.

    The cringe factor is real, though. lol.

    However they have done a very poor job advertising the vaccine to the people that vote Republican are young, and certain minority communities.
    Probably true. But to be fair, vaccine information campaigns have been heavily countered with misinformation campaigns and boogieman conspiracy theories. Although, that is not as prevalent in certain minority communities, which is why vaccine uptake in those communities has significantly increased over time. The problem is increasingly due to the susceptibility of some people to the continued misinformation efforts.

    The shut up and take the jab becuase an expert said so rhetoric has faile with this demographic.
    Mostly because they are taking the word of non-experts. I agree that there has been a failure to convince some demographics that it's better to listen to epidemiologists about public health issues than, say, Jenny McCarthy, but how do you propose an Executive administration do that? If they willfully and defiantly reject the experts, then maybe cringey videos and conspiracy books are the way to go?

  22. #5647
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,095
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Covid-19 (Including Political Discussion)

    Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    That is the only way i am going to get any information from it, because there is no way i'm going to give RFK Jr my money.
    RFK Jr. said none of the book's profits will go to him. Instead, he said profits will go to his anti-vaccine group, the Children's Defense Fund. If I'm right, RFK Jr. hasn't lowered himself by being interviewed by Alex Jones, but elderly health foods nut Gary Null interviewed him, another sketchy character, who is strongly against vaccines and Fauci. Birds of a feather flock together.

  23. #5648

    Default Re: Covid-19 (Including Political Discussion)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    RFK Jr. said none of the book's profits will go to him. Instead, he said profits will go to his anti-vaccine group, the Children's Defense Fund. If I'm right, RFK Jr. hasn't lowered himself by being interviewed by Alex Jones, but elderly health foods nut Gary Null interviewed him, another sketchy character, who is strongly against vaccines and Fauci. Birds of a feather flock together.
    That just sounds like he's laundering the donations through his anti-vax group before taking his cut.

  24. #5649

    Default Re: Covid-19 (Including Political Discussion)

    All of the above comments are what I expected, so no surprise. If Fauci sues RFK,Jr. for defamation, than I'll consider some of your comments. Fauci certainly would have good grounds for a suit wouldn't he? We'll see how it shakes out.

  25. #5650

    Default Re: Covid-19 (Including Political Discussion)

    Quote Originally Posted by Oklapatriot View Post
    All of the above comments are what I expected, so no surprise. If Fauci sues RFK,Jr. for defamation, than I'll consider some of your comments. Fauci certainly would have good grounds for a suit wouldn't he? We'll see how it shakes out.
    Fauci is a public figure... i'm not sure he can sue for defamation, unless he is able to prove that it was done with direct actual malice. We live in a legal system where the legal burden of proof is significantly higher for a public figure.

    but again, that's just because i know the law. as well as facts. So i don't think you are going to consider anything that was say. so just keep living in your fantasy land, where RFK Jr is credible in this matter.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)
    By SSEiYah in forum Current Events & Open Topic
    Replies: 11356
    Last Post: 09-02-2021, 04:59 PM
  2. Covid-19 Economic Impact
    By bucktalk in forum Current Events & Open Topic
    Replies: 830
    Last Post: 01-05-2021, 09:05 PM
  3. After COVID-19...Then What?
    By bucktalk in forum Current Events & Open Topic
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 04-14-2020, 02:07 PM
  4. Covid 19 additional restrictions
    By Jersey Boss in forum Norman
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-23-2020, 05:19 PM
  5. political discussion of oklahoma earthquakes
    By ylouder in forum Politics
    Replies: 432
    Last Post: 02-14-2018, 12:20 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO