Widgets Magazine
Page 126 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2676121122123124125126
Results 3,126 to 3,150 of 3150

Default Re: Covid-19 (Including Political Discussion)

Well I did say that the people who think this will "get it" they will finally understand that this is serious and it's not just the flu when their hospitals get slammed. If it were really as simple as high risk people taking precautions then virus wouldn't have brought the world to it's knees.

A Chinese film director, his sister, mother and father have all died from the coronavirus, the latest high-profile victims of the disease in Wuhan.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...wuhan-covid-19

Yes entire families have died from this and well we've known this for months.

(Reuters) - A 20-year-old Chinese woman from Wuhan, the epicenter of the coronavirus outbreak, traveled 400 miles north to Anyang where she infected five relatives, without ever showing signs of infection, Chinese scientists reported on Friday, offering new evidence that the virus can be spread asymptomatically.
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-c...-idUSKBN20G00J

If she gets then she gets it but what happens when she goes out and infects someone else there is no excuse and it's not as simple as only the old and sick need to take precautions everyone should wear a mask.

Mario Mayorga Jr. and his two parents, Mario Sr. and Esperanza, passed away due to complications from COVID-19, family members said
    https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/...id-19/2225982/

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/18/n...ronavirus.html

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...id/5163903002/

All of this has happened before and it will happen again and again and again and again. Name:  cylon001.gif
Views: 209
Size:  330 Bytes But we know after 100,000 dead (many many more worldwide) and people think its so simple. We can at least try and break the cycle instead of just saying that it's only certain people who this affects.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Still waiting on the answer to what constituted a response that would have without doubt changed that number.
    So there must be no doubt about the response's effectiveness before it should be undertaken? Is that the criteria?

Quote Originally Posted by Cid View Post
    So there must be no doubt about the response's effectiveness before it should be undertaken? Is that the criteria?
    Nope...just waiting for a hindsight, 20/20 answer to what would have been the most effective policy.

Sad to say Trump was right. TDS level set to max.

Headline of article, “Prestigious medical journal urges outpatient use of hydroxychloroquine regimen for COVID-19”

https://justthenews.com/politics-pol...s-azithromycin

Quote Originally Posted by Cid View Post
    You easily forget. All of the stay at home measures were to “flatten the curve” not prevent deaths and people getting it. The purpose of flattening the curve was to not initially overwhelm the hospitals. If you look at the initial models, which turned out to be completely wrong, there was supped to be 2.2 million that died, so actually 100k is promising number. The curve of deaths was just moved to the right not eliminated.

Quote Originally Posted by emtefury View Post

Headline of article, “Prestigious medical journal urges outpatient use of hydroxychloroquine regimen for COVID-19”

lol... i wonder if they are coming out with this, because we shouldn't be relaxing yet??? so it might not be TDS, but a response by the Journal because of actions taken by states and the fed...

the abstract found here
    https://academic.oup.com/aje/advance...waa093/5847586

An outpatient treatment that prevents hospitalization is desperately needed.
    and that the situation is getting so bad that they feel that waiting for the outpatient trial results (which are not going to be available till September) but that something is needed now.

infact the atricle states that the combination of hydroxychloroquine+azithromycin, should be okay in this desperation time because
    Hydroxychloroquine+azithromycin has been used as standard-of-care in more than 300,000 older adults with multicomorbidities, with estimated proportion diagnosed with cardiac arrhythmias attributable to the medications 47/100,000 users, of which estimated mortality is <20%, 9/100,000 users, compared to the 10,000 Americans now dying each week.
    so not really a resounding endorsement that Trump was right... more, just a well, we have to try something, because we didn't do enough to stop hospitalizations.

but hey... your source didn't even post the the Journal article... so ya know, take that for what it's worth.

One editorial does not overcome a study involving *93,000* cases:

We were unable to confirm a benefit of hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine, when used alone or with a macrolide, on in-hospital outcomes for COVID-19. Each of these drug regimens was associated with decreased in-hospital survival and an increased frequency of ventricular arrhythmias when used for treatment of COVID-19.
    You can read more here: https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...180-6/fulltext

There's a reason why the WHO, France and other bodies around the world have stopped using HCQ as treatment. This isn't because of TDS (just an incredibly lazy argument), but rather the result of numerous studies and works by doctors around the globe.

by comparison, this would be like getting a severe cut on your hand... and you just saying it should be cut off... then refusing to clean it, dress it, and take care of it... and several months later, when the doctors finally say "well, maybe we just just cut it off", then celebrating that the Doctors who were saying you were dumb before are now proving you are right.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliSciGuy View Post
    One editorial does not overcome a study involving *93,000* cases:

You can read more here: https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...180-6/fulltext

There's a reason why the WHO, France and other bodies around the world have stopped using HCQ as treatment. This isn't because of TDS (just an incredibly lazy argument), but rather the result of numerous studies and works by doctors around the globe.
    In fairness, that "study" in the Lancet was more of a survey. They didn't control for anything.

There are still plenty of physicians in this country using that combined with other drugs as effective treatment IF ADMINISTERED early on. Late use doesn't seem to help.

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    lol... i wonder if they are coming out with this, because we shouldn't be relaxing yet??? so it might not be TDS, but a response by the Journal because of actions taken by states and the fed...

the abstract found here
    https://academic.oup.com/aje/advance...waa093/5847586

and that the situation is getting so bad that they feel that waiting for the outpatient trial results (which are not going to be available till September) but that something is needed now.

infact the atricle states that the combination of hydroxychloroquine+azithromycin, should be okay in this desperation time because

so not really a resounding endorsement that Trump was right... more, just a well, we have to try something, because we didn't do enough to stop hospitalizations.

but hey... your source didn't even post the the Journal article... so ya know, take that for what it's worth.
    It is totally TDS. HCQ has been used since the 1950s and not all of a sudden it is bad for you like you will die if you try it. It went so bad that Governors banned the use in their state. . UV light has been used to sanitize for many years and now what Trump recommended it, UV is all of a sudden a really bad idea to sanitize and doesn’t work.

It is totally TDS. HCQ has been used since the 1950s and not all of a sudden it is bad for you like you will die if you try it. It went so bad that Governors banned the use in their state. . UV light has been used to sanitize for many years and now what Trump recommended it, UV is all of a sudden a really bad idea to sanitize and doesn’t work.
    Nah, HCQ's link to heart issues has been known for years. All of these articles are from before 2020:

https://acrabstracts.org/abstract/in...oid-arthritis/

https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/10.1...URE.110.959916

https://www.onlinecjc.ca/article/S08...284-7/abstract

Keep in mind that COVID-19, among other things, causes significant clotting issues, so any drug that negatively impacts the heart already is going to exacerbate an already dangerous situation. Just because it can benignly treat malaria doesn't mean it won't have a negative impact treating COVID-19.

UV light has been used to sanitize for many years and now what Trump recommended it, UV is all of a sudden a really bad idea to sanitize and doesn’t work.
    i am honestly asking on this one... because i hadn't heard it... who is saying UV light can't be used to sanitize???

13. Default Re: Covid-19 (Including Political Discussion)

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    i am honestly asking on this one... because i hadn't heard it... who is saying UV light can't be used to sanitize???
    I think he's referring to this bit from our idiot-in-chief (and the pushback from people saying that's not the way it works):

"So supposing we hit the body with a tremendous, whether it’s ultraviolet or just very powerful, light — and I think you said that hasn’t been checked but you’re going to test it — and then I said suppose you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way."

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    I think he's referring to this bit from our idiot-in-chief (and the pushback from people saying that's not the way it works):

"So supposing we hit the body with a tremendous, whether it’s ultraviolet or just very powerful, light — and I think you said that hasn’t been checked but you’re going to test it — and then I said suppose you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way."
    Really curious how this research is going. Are they combining this treatment with the injection of disinfectant? Or are they two separate studies? I’m on the edge of my seat waiting for the latest update from the President.

We've used chemotherapy since the 1940's, but i bet if someone suggested using it to treat an ear infection people would probably say that's bad for you.

16. Default Re: Covid-19 (Including Political Discussion)

Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine View Post
    Pell people will get it when hospitals in their state get slammed and their own news papers are full of names Covid 19 deaths. It shouldn't be like this it doesn't need to be like this but it is like this. We can only hope that all the State governments and Federal government prepare for the second wave.

The people who think like this well they will finally "get it" when Alabama gets slammed and entire families start dying. Maybe people think that it could only hit Wuhan, Zhejiang, Iran, Northern Italy, Spain, France, The UK New York City and Brazil. It brought down 2 world financial centers, and industrial power house, a fairly authoritarian but high middle income middle eastern country and multiple high income western european countries. But hey Oklahoma can handle it just fine.
    This has constantly been the drumbeat but the results just haven’t shown that

Blog Entries

Young people dying from the virus under age 30 is rare. But older people should stay clear of them.

Blog Entries

Yes, I agree with someone saying that Hydroxychloroquine treatment should be started early.

Quote Originally Posted by runOKC View Post
    Really curious how this research is going. Are they combining this treatment with the injection of disinfectant? Or are they two separate studies? I’m on the edge of my seat waiting for the latest update from the President.
    If the media tells a lie enough it becomes truth.

If the media tells a lie enough it becomes truth.
    I’m talking about things I heard Trump say with my own ears. What does the media have to do with it?

Quote Originally Posted by runOKC View Post
    I’m talking about things I heard Trump say with my own ears. What does the media have to do with it?
    I'll probably regret chiming in on a political forum, but the media *could* have a lot to do with it. If you haven't heard of "deep fake" videos, you should check that out. Hopefully not taking away from the clear evidence that Trump says stupid things, but it's always something to consider. *peace, and I'm out*

Quote Originally Posted by jompster View Post
    I'll probably regret chiming in on a political forum, but the media *could* have a lot to do with it. If you haven't heard of "deep fake" videos, you should check that out. Hopefully not taking away from the clear evidence that Trump says stupid things, but it's always something to consider. *peace, and I'm out*
    Agree that deep fake videos pose a problem, and probably will cause issues in the future. However this was pretty cut and dry and had nothing to do with media manipulation or deep fake video editing.

23. Default Re: Covid-19 (Including Political Discussion)

Quote Originally Posted by jompster View Post
    The quote I posted was from one of his campaign rallies/coronavirus briefings, it was carried live on quite a few channels, there's video of it all over the internet, it's absolutely not a deepfake video.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    The quote I posted was from one of his campaign rallies/coronavirus briefings, it was carried live on quite a few channels, there's video of it all over the internet, it's absolutely not a deepfake video.
    First, I'm not trying to invalidate anything Trump has ever said.

Second, these deep fakes will be used both by content being created to portray something that didn't happen, while also being used by people that actually said/did something stupid and blaming it on a deep fake to get out of it. It's about to get crazy around here.

Blog Entries

Donald Trump is demanding a packed Republican national convention with “no face coverings and no social distancing”, North Carolina’s governor’s office has said. The US president spoke with Democrat governor Roy Cooper by phone, the office revealed, where they discussed the scheduled August convention in Charlotte.

Mr Trump insisted on the lack of Covid-19 measures because he does not want to see signs of the pandemic in his renomination audience, a spokesperson for Mr Cooper said.

The president this week threatened to move his formal renomination elsewhere if he does not get guarantees by next week of being able to hold a large-scale event.

The convention, set to begin on 24 August, is supposed to have events in Charlotte’s downtown sports arena, capped by Mr Trump’s nomination speech three days later.
    More at: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/....rce=reddit.com

Thread Information