Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Oklahoma U.S. Senate -- is Inhoffe facing his first real competition in a long time?

As Inhoffe (86) has announced that he wants to be your U.S. Senator until at least the age of 92, is he vulnerable?

Default Re: Oklahoma U.S. Senate -- is Inhoffe facing his first real competition in a long ti

Not unless he's facing a well-funded primary challenger. As much as I'd like to see him gone, Trump won Oklahoma by over 36% and Kendra Horn won the most liberal congressional district in the state by 1.4%, and even that was a huge upset. It would be almost impossible for Inhofe to lose a Senate election even in a midterm year, zero chance anyone comes close to beating him with Trump on the ballot.

Default Re: Oklahoma U.S. Senate -- is Inhoffe facing his first real competition in a long ti

Do you think Abby Broyles makes it out of the primary? I've never heard of any of the other candidates. It shouldn't be a surprise that her ads look pretty professional.

4. Default Re: Oklahoma U.S. Senate -- is Inhoffe facing his first real competition in a long ti

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    As Inhoffe (86) has announced that he wants to be your U.S. Senator until at least the age of 92, is he vulnerable?
    Not in Oklahoma. As long as he remains Republican he is safe. In Oklahoma, a senate seat is for life, no matter who may have better ideas. Ideas don"t matter in Oklahoma only Party

Quote Originally Posted by dcsooner View Post
    Not in Oklahoma. As long as he remains Republican he is safe. In Oklahoma, a senate seat is for life, no matter who may have better ideas. Ideas don"t matter in Oklahoma only Party
    It's not just Republicans... an incumbent senator hasn't failed to get reelected since the 60's in Oklahoma, of either party. If there were term limits we'd probably see the seats switch party control more often (like the governor). However, term limits, especially in the Senate, come with all new problems. I'd be more supportive of them if they applied to ALL Senators. I'm not interested in hamstringing Oklahoma by enforcing some arbitrary term limits for our representatives.

Blog Entries

Inhofe will have to become so unappealing that he gets voted out by another Republican. Far from likely to happen, unless something bad happens to his health early during the race.

With the Senate being nothing more than a rubber stamp for judicial appointments and naming Post Offices it really does not matter as long as Moscow Mitch is the Senate leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    With the Senate being nothing more than a rubber stamp for judicial appointments and naming Post Offices it really does not matter as long as Moscow Mitch is the Senate leader.
    That would be Cocaine Mitch, so get it correct. Also, if you are still on the Russia bandwagon, I recommend an understanding of a media narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by emtefury View Post
    That would be Cocaine Mitch, so get it correct. Also, if you are still on the Russia bandwagon, I recommend an understanding of a media narrative.
    With the refusal to hear any bill's relating to election security even though all intelligence agencies attest to Russia continuing its attacks I got it right. I'm on the DIA bandwagon, what are you on?

With the refusal to hear any bill's relating to election security even though all intelligence agencies attest to Russia continuing its attacks I got it right. I'm on the DIA bandwagon, what are you on?
    I mean, that's not completely true. It can be argued they haven't done enough. They've passed a few bills I know of, and put through hundreds of millions in appropriations for election security. He does oppose federalizing elections, which are currently run by the states.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    I mean, that's not completely true. It can be argued they haven't done enough. They've passed a few bills I know of, and put through hundreds of millions in appropriations for election security. He does oppose federalizing elections, which are currently run by the states.
    While you are correct on 400M being appropriated, at this late stage it will not have any usefulness for the November election.
    In the spring of 2018 Congress allocated 380m to the states in block Grant's for this purpose. 13 months later in April of 2019 only 29% of the money had been spent.(Miles Parks-NPR)-

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    Which is a very smart move.

While you are correct on 400M being appropriated, at this late stage it will not have any usefulness for the November election.
    In the spring of 2018 Congress allocated 380m to the states in block Grant's for this purpose. 13 months later in April of 2019 only 29% of the money had been spent.(Miles Parks-NPR)-
    And how many votes did some Russian Facebook posts actually sway?

Senior Administration Officials Release Joint Statement on Super Tuesday Election Security - Lawfare
    https://www.lawfareblog.com/senior-a...ction-security

Joint Statement from DOJ, DOS, DOD, DHS, ODNI, FBI, NSA, and CISA on Preparations for Super Tuesday | OPA | Department of Justice
    https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/joint...-super-tuesday

Senior Administration Officials Release Joint Statement on Super Tuesday Election Security - Lawfare
    https://www.lawfareblog.com/senior-a...ction-security

Joint Statement from DOJ, DOS, DOD, DHS, ODNI, FBI, NSA, and CISA on Preparations for Super Tuesday | OPA | Department of Justice
    https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/joint...-super-tuesday
    Republicans win with voter suppression and foreign interference in elections. Mitch knew the Russians were interfering to try and help elect Trump prior to the 2016 election, if you remember. Obama asked him if he could tell the American people pre-election and Mitch said no.I lost a lot of respect for Obama when he allowed McConnell to refuse to hold hearings on Merrick Garland’s nomination (perhaps because Mitch knew the fix was likely in for Trump?) and didn’t go over Mitch’s head to inform the American people - some of whom inexplicably don’t really seem to care.

Whoo! Lot's of tin foil on this one.

^^^ +1

I almost directly responded to that but I ran out of energy.

Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    Republicans win with voter suppression and foreign interference in elections. Mitch knew the Russians were interfering to try and help elect Trump prior to the 2016 election, if you remember. Obama asked him if he could tell the American people pre-election and Mitch said no.I lost a lot of respect for Obama when he allowed McConnell to refuse to hold hearings on Merrick Garlandís nomination (perhaps because Mitch knew the fix was likely in for Trump?) and didnít go over Mitchís head to inform the American people - some of whom inexplicably donít really seem to care.

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    Whoo! Lot's of tin foil on this one.
    agreed. uses no more tin foil than another person on this forum. kind of a counter balancing act now going on.

on the bright side, Mug, Panda, Eric. i'm glad that while we sometimes get heated when we disagree. at least we for the most part still get along!

Blog Entries

Inhofe shows off he is not too old to fly a plane upside down:
    https://www.stwnewspress.com/news/se...539759600.html

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    Inhofe shows off he is not too old to fly a plane upside down:
    https://www.stwnewspress.com/news/se...539759600.html
    as long has he can keep showing he isn't too old to know if the runway is closed or not. he's made it almost 9 years without doing that again.

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    as long has he can keep showing he isn't too old to know if the runway is closed or not. he's made it almost 9 years without doing that again.
    It's been almost nine years since his flying has made the news. Doesn't mean he hasn't violated the FARs.

Blog Entries

Since he likes aviation he needs to get on the ball again and provide a grant for the Stillwater Airport so a new gate can be built to add flights to Chicago. Probably other Oklahoma airports need federal grants.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    Since he likes aviation he needs to get on the ball again and provide a grant for the Stillwater Airport so a new gate can be built to add flights to Chicago. Probably other Oklahoma airports need federal grants.
    Wht can't Stillwater pay for it themselves?

Thread Information