Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Starbucks

Large Chain Starbucks

New Starbucks planned for the northwest corner of Memorial & Western.

Was formerly the site of a Circle K but has been boarded up for about a year.

This is just east of Braum's.

Default Re: Starbucks

I'm surprised they are building so close to the one on the West side of Chisholm Creek. We have Stellanova at Western & 150th and Scooters is going in close to 150th & Penn. Lots of coffee in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by corwin1968 View Post
    I'm surprised they are building so close to the one on the West side of Chisholm Creek. We have Stellanova at Western & 150th and Scooters is going in close to 150th & Penn. Lots of coffee in that area.
    None of it really good though...

When I worked in downtown Denver, there were 4 Starbuck's within a block and a half of my office. If you build it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyShack View Post
    None of it really good though...
    This made me realize I have never had coffee at any of these places. Lattes and flat whites are all I ever order.

Quote Originally Posted by corwin1968 View Post
    This made me realize I have never had coffee at any of these places. Lattes and flat whites are all I ever order.
    And to be fair, they make their money selling milk and sugar in a cup! I just prefer a place that has a decent drip coffee that can be enjoyed black.

There is/was a Starbucks planned for the lower level of the building planned for just East of the CycleBar/Tract41 at Chisholm Creek.

Let's hope they plan the drive-thru a little better than the Westgate Chisolm Creek location!

Work has started on the Starbucks at NW 23rd and Robinson in Uptown:

Just found out that the 36th/May Starbucks is now only open until 2:00 PM, no explanation. Any other locations doing this? Anybody know why? That leaves a pretty big area that has no coffee shops open past 2 PM, ridiculous.

We would go by Classen Coffee on the way home from Homeland later this evening, but their shots are either super-strong or larger than most because we feel the caffeine from them way longer than from anybody else, so we can't get them too late in the afternoon/evening (and couldn't go by there today because I have meetings I have to go to, they're too far away).

I heard they're putting in one at the SW corner of N. May and Memorial in the parking lot near Pablano's.

Yukon needs another Starbucks!! That store is always crazy busy!!

Quote Originally Posted by KTB View Post
    I heard they're putting in one at the SW corner of N. May and Memorial in the parking lot near Pablano's.
    Why would they have one at 3 straight miles? There is one near Penn and Memorial, one going near Western and Memorial., now this? I mean, they are a free enterprise, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny d View Post
    Why would they have one at 3 straight miles? There is one near Penn and Memorial, one going near Western and Memorial., now this? I mean, they are a free enterprise, but still.
    And also the 4th one inside target!

But this area is busy! If you’re driving down May you aren’t going to divert to penn for your coffee and May doesn’t really have any options besides oncue for drive thru. Lots of people live north of these locations and drive by headed to work and shopping daily.

The location does not surprise me one bit. I wouldn’t be shocked if they add one over on rockwell and memorial as well because the macarthur store is typically packed with cars in drive thru

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Just found out that the 36th/May Starbucks is now only open until 2:00 PM, no explanation. Any other locations doing this? Anybody know why? That leaves a pretty big area that has no coffee shops open past 2 PM, ridiculous.

We would go by Classen Coffee on the way home from Homeland later this evening, but their shots are either super-strong or larger than most because we feel the caffeine from them way longer than from anybody else, so we can't get them too late in the afternoon/evening (and couldn't go by there today because I have meetings I have to go to, they're too far away).
    I am guessing they close early due to covid

Quote Originally Posted by SoonersFan12 View Post
    I am guessing they close early due to covid
    Why? They've been open until 10 PM for months now, why would they start closing early *now*? I've gotten no satisfactory answer from them, I've tried.

36th and May also is not opening now until 730am. i guess that makes me spend less at Starbucks since I usually get to office by 7am

Quote Originally Posted by Bullbear View Post
    36th and May also is not opening now until 730am. i guess that makes me spend less at Starbucks since I usually get to office by 7am
    Supposedly the "local leadership" is going to call me back sometime in the next 3 business days, so I'll post what they say, corporate is apparently disavowing any knowledge of it, which is weird, thought everything funneled down through corporate for them.

District manager said that an employee at that location had COVID-19 symptoms, so they had to self-quarantine. Anybody else they were in close contact with the prior 48 hours also had to self-quarantine, so they ended up with a shortage of workers and couldn't keep their regular hours. Nobody tested positive, though, so that's good, and they'll be back to normal hours within a week or so. No idea why the guy that answered the phone couldn't tell me that....

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    District manager said that an employee at that location had COVID-19 symptoms, so they had to self-quarantine. Anybody else they were in close contact with the prior 48 hours also had to self-quarantine, so they ended up with a shortage of workers and couldn't keep their regular hours. Nobody tested positive, though, so that's good, and they'll be back to normal hours within a week or so. No idea why the guy that answered the phone couldn't tell me that....
    I kind of assumed it may have been that type of scenario. Glad they took precaution and that nobody ended up testing positive. Hopefully they will be back to normal hours soon for my morning joe. Went to Dunkin this morning and the lid leaked down my shirt LOL. how is it that Starbucks cups I feel confident drinking from but the other plastic Coffee lids are the reason I have trust issues!

Quote Originally Posted by KTB View Post
    Building permit application today for this location.

Sure are a lot of Starbucks along Memorial all of the sudden, but I guess the demand is there judging by how busy the Penn location gets.

23rd & Robinson:

23rd & Robinson:

23rd & Robinson:

25. Default Re: Starbucks

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    Sure are a lot of Starbucks along Memorial all of the sudden, but I guess the demand is there judging by how busy the Penn location gets.
    There used to be one a half mile west of May and Memorial by Mahogany. It had a drive thru too. It was only open a few months then closed along with a whole bunch of others when Starbucks closed nearly all of the new stores they opened at the beginning of the Great Recession in 2008. It was probably a short-sided move to just blanket-close so many as that was a busy location, and they never opened what was sure to be a good location they were building at 33rd and Broadway in Edmond (now a Midfirst Bank).

BUT actually at May and Memorial is a better location than a half mile west. But it took them 12 years to get there. They'll have to sell a lot of lattes to make up for 12 years of no sales and likely paying rent on a location they weren't operating.

Thread Information