Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Sentinel

Midtown The Sentinel

https://oklahoman.com/article/565534...dtown-district

New building planned for Midtown.

Default Re: The Sentinel

Construction is set to start this spring on the five-story, mixed-use Sentinel building at 1130 N Harvey Ave. With an opening expected by mid-2021, the 32,348-square-foot building will consist of 31 apartments, six small commercial spaces and three live-work spaces.

The building design, which awaits approval from the Downtown Design Review Committee, consists of architectural metal on the upper floors, matching what was used on the Monarch building to the east, and blonde brick on the ground floor.

---

The Sentinel was already part of the plan for the block when construction started two years ago on the Monarch and will utilize piers and footings that were built during the Monarch construction.
    Interesting.

This has not yet been submitted to the Downtown Design Review Committee.

HangryHippo Guest

Are there renderings of the second building?

There are a couple pictures in the article, one of the building and one of the parcel.

I should have the complete plans soon.

also should be noted that when they built the parking garage they also poored the footings for this lot at the same time ... so this clearly has been the plan for a long time

How much time does that save with site preparations and foundation work? Would they be able to just go in, grade the surface, pour a slab, and start putting the building up?

^

Site prep usually takes a bunch of time.

Think about how long it takes to start going vertical after ground is broken. A great example is Villa Teresa, which has been at it for months and they still aren't building up.

it should be able to go vertical very very quickly the rebar is sticking out of the ground ... they just need to clear the grass and go ..

As mentioned above, a portion of the foundation work has already occurred when they built the parking garage. That probably removes 1-2 months of construction.

The exterior materials look to be the same as the back side of the Monarch.

Quote Originally Posted by Southsider2 View Post
    The exterior materials look to be the same as the back side of the Monarch.
    Same metal will be used on all but the bottom floor.

Should be sharp. Fitzsimmons does great work and MidtownR never cheaps out.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    also should be noted that when they built the parking garage they also poored the footings for this lot at the same time ... so this clearly has been the plan for a long time
    I took some pictures and griped about this lot back in October. Glad to see this outcome.
    https://twitter.com/shawn_dubs/statu...58330648829953

"Located at 1130 N. Harvey Ave., The Sentinel is a new 5 story, 32,348 sf residential and office building positioned to the west of the new Monarch building and Guardian parking garage, fronting Harvey Avenue. The existing site covers an old parking lot. The new building is proposed as a mixed-use occupancy on the ground level with R-2 residential units and commercial office spaces with R-2 residential units on the upper floors."

HangryHippo Guest

I have no doubt it will look better in person, but the balconies look garish to me.

It's such a noticeable sign of progress that these quality, urban infill projects have become so common that they hardly get much chatter on this site anymore. I bet 15 years ago this would have generated a lot more discussion.

I'm looking forward to that acreage to the west being developed!

Man, Midtown has so much potential. Not saying it is the Pear District in Portland, but it has the same feel. Companies want to be there, people want to live there, and there is plenty to do. They just need to develop the remaining vacant parcels correctly (if someone wanted to put some height in this district, I think it would do well). Again, it isn't the Pearl District, but it has some similar characteristics.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHayes View Post
    I'm looking forward to that acreage to the east being developed!
    By east I presume you mean west (where Maples was temporarily)

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    By east I presume you mean west (where Maples was temporarily)
    Yeah, west. I was thinking bass ackwards

Quote Originally Posted by jonny d View Post
    Man, Midtown has so much potential. Not saying it is the Pear District in Portland, but it has the same feel. Companies want to be there, people want to live there, and there is plenty to do. They just need to develop the remaining vacant parcels correctly (if someone wanted to put some height in this district, I think it would do well). Again, it isn't the Pearl District, but it has some similar characteristics.
    There are some great views of Downtown from this area. Much better than in AA, IMO, because that atrocious AT&T building is less prominent. Regardless of whether or not The Elliott ever pans out, I have to think that someday, once the demand is there, someone will build noticeably upwards on one of those vacant lots.

The building permit was issued for this project but thus far zero movement at the site.

Not sure if this is still moving forward.

Man I hope this project doesn’t slip through the cracks... everything about it is a home run

Thread Information