Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Sentinel

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Sentinel

I mean if they don't do it we're stuck with a bunch of rebar sticking out of the ground.....

Work has started. You can see they have set up a big staging area across the street.

Midtown renaissance doesn’t miss!!! Glad to see this moving forward. This is exactly the type of build midtown needs more of. Those skyline views will be impressive from the balconies

This is such great news. 11th street has been getting a ton of love recently and it is becoming a really nice corridor. (I know this development isn't exactly on 11th but close enough.) I Hope Arrive gets off the ground and keeps the momentum rolling in this area.

Now, to do something about that corner parking lot, and the vacant lot across the street!

As part of MAPS4, Palomar is planning a new-build facility in MIdtown.

They haven't said where but it will be somewhere in this area.

The contractor has had chain link fencing out in the middle of the sidewalk in front of this lot, up against the power poles. This project is a poster child for some cones or fencing in the street and some temporary ramps to maintain pedestrian access into part of the traffic lane during construction, like many other large cities require. N Harvey between NW 10 and 11 has plenty light enough traffic volumes to allow for it, and this is in between the westbound streetcar track and multiple popular Midtown destinations. I encourage folks to reach out to their Council representatives and ask the City to adopt such an ordinance (or to start asking questions about enforcement if such an ordinance is already on the books and not being followed).

Nice project! The red highlights are very striking.

Let's say someone is walking on the sidewalk and a sharp object just happens to be sticking out of the fence at the pedestrian's eye-level. The, pedestrian, looking down at their cell phone while walking looks up just in time to impale their eye on the sharp object.

Who is paying out the monster lawsuit that the pedestrian is going to win because of the construction fence? OKC or MidtownR?

Steel starting to go up:

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    Let's say someone is walking on the sidewalk and a sharp object just happens to be sticking out of the fence at the pedestrian's eye-level. The, pedestrian, looking down at their cell phone while walking looks up just in time to impale their eye on the sharp object.

Who is paying out the monster lawsuit that the pedestrian is going to win because of the construction fence? OKC or MidtownR?
    Teo, I love your posts on this post so very much.

Blog Entries

Are there sharp objects sticking out?

Blog Entries

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201107_164109.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	3.02 MB 
ID:	16559

Really surprised to see it mostly being stick built. Thought there would be much more steel.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Are there sharp objects sticking out?
    Probably not.

Just want to confirm if my tax dollars are liable to pay out an injury claim on a city sidewalk that occur because of a private company's construction equipment?

Blog Entries

Probably not.

Just want to confirm if my tax dollars are liable to pay out an injury claim on a city sidewalk that occur because of a private company's construction equipment?
    Just come right out and state your point .... you want a protected sidewalk. As it is, I believe the construction site, including where the sidewalk was and will be, is secured by a fence and meets city requirements. Are you implying they are not following the law and thereby creating an unlawful hazard?

Your tax dollars are at risk if the city is negligent, and the construction company if they are negligent. Not too hard of a concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Just come right out and state your point .... you want a protected sidewalk. As it is, I believe the construction site, including where the sidewalk was and will be, is secured by a fence and meets city requirements. Are you implying they are not following the law and thereby creating an unlawful hazard?

Your tax dollars are at risk if the city is negligent, and the construction company if they are negligent. Not too hard of a concept.
    No point to come out and state. Just a question being posed to people who might know the law well enough to provide an assessment.

Blog Entries

The ground units are going to have to have significant stairs/ramps. Worry about how all that might end up looking/impacting the existing sidewalk.

Name:	956C7DBE-D642-4D26-9E05-460AB5E96CA9.jpeg 
Views:	136 
Size:	198.4 KB 
ID:	16824
    New render from Fitzsimmons. No more red

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner.Arch View Post

Name:	956C7DBE-D642-4D26-9E05-460AB5E96CA9.jpeg 
Views:	136 
Size:	198.4 KB 
ID:	16824
    New render from Fitzsimmons. No more red
    That's a bummer. I liked the red. Off topic, but I hope we have future development sooner rather than later in that area, especially across the street.

Thread Information