Widgets Magazine

Thread: Tulsa Development Overview

Default Tulsa Development Overview

Hello! I've been a long time lurker on OKCTalk, and I noticed there hadn't been a Tulsa (Downtownish) overview in some time. Apologizes if I miss anything, or this gets too long. I don't have updated pictures for everything, so bear with me

I'll start outside the Downtown Area.

Utica Square

Mixed Use Development (Under Construction): Three-story, roughly 22,000-square-foot project at 2005 E. 21st St. In the same architectural design as many Utica Sq buildings.

Rendering:

Progress (Dec 17th):

Cherry Street

$9 million dollar project called 1515 Cherry Street and The Lofts, a 4-story, 28,000-sq-foot development including retail, restaurants and apartments. Will feature a rooftop bar, a speakeasy, and 15 loft style apartments.

Rendering:

Progress:
    I don't have a good picture of this one, but it's vertical and they're making good progress.

The Pearl District

A bunch of renovations and smaller projects are going on. MotherRoad Market continues to be a catalyst for growth in this area.

Next Door to Mother Road:

Shops at Mother Road Market: Slated to open Spring of 2020.
    Four tenants: Eleanor's Bookshop, a bookstore aimed at children and young adults
    Felizsta, an authentic Mexican cookie bakery
    Graham Collective, a wellness boutique
    Oklahoma Distilling Co. Cocktail Co., a bottle shop and supply store.

Renderings:

Across 11th Street from Mother Road:

Fernweh Shops: Roughly $5 million, mixed-use development. Future tenants include a catering kitchen and a medical imaging company. Should be finished around May 2020.

Renderings:

Riverside Area:

A couple of condo/apartment projects ongoing, I'll just highlight the biggest one.

Cosmopolitan: A four-story, 264 unit upscale "urban" living community, right by the river.

These are pretty much complete, I believe they are close to letting tenants move in.

The Gathering Place is starting on a new Children's Museum as well. The Riverside area is seeing a lot of investment by homeowners as well, lots of renovations going on.

East Village

A couple of new restaurants:

The Goat Bar & Kitchen is opening February or March 2020.

Lowood: Opening next door to Hodges Bend. (Same Owners)

The Midland: Consumer Affairs Office Building: $8 million dollar project, converting more than 40,000 sq feet from abandoned warehouse into creative office space. Occupancy is planned to be around 350. This was expected to be complete in 2019, I haven't heard or seen confirmation of that.

Renderings:

111 Greenwood: 4-story mixed use building. 50 apartment units, and 2500 sq feet of retail space. Scheduled to be completed in the summer of 2020. Don't have a progress picture, but it's topped out.

Rendering:

Downtown

Lots to cover, I'll try to hit what I can.

COMPLETED:

Tulsa Club Hotel:

A $36 million renovation of the 1920's art deco building. The luxury hotel opened in April of 2019.

DGX-Tulsa (6th and Boston)

Sneakily one of my favorite new developments in Tulsa recently. Opened around Christmas 2019. DGX is Dollar General's urban grocery concept. Has fresh produce as well as several fairly extensive grocery aisles. Full range of household goods. It's not quite a full-service grocery store, but it's pretty close.

Aero BRT Bus: Tulsa's newest public transportation implementation, Rapid Bus. Has connections on Peoria from North to South Tulsa, as well as routes that swing into Downtown. Buses will run every 15 minutes during the morning and afternoon, and every 20 minutes during non-peak travel times.

IN PROGRESS:

Quite a few, so I'll keep it brief.

Otasco Building Renovation: $2.5 million dollar renovation to convert a former OTASCO store into a 16,000 sq foot multi tenant and restaurant development.

Renderings:

Progress:

Tulsa County Building: Former Community Care building being converted into the Tulsa County Headquarters Complex.

Renderings:

Progress (Old Picture, but should give a good "Before" shot):

Hyatt Place:

13-story building on Boston Ave is being turned into a 103-unit Hyatt Place. They've been at this one for a while, I read somewhere that fall 2020 was *possibly* the opening goal. Not much progress visible from the outside.

Reunion Building

$9 million dollar renovation of a 10-story building built in 1917. Turning it into apartments (80 units) and retail. Rooftop to feature a lounge & pool, while a lower rooftop terrace will cater towards dog owners. Plans to be completed by summer 2020.

Arts District

Here's an old picture with an overview that lays everything out geographically. Ignore the Bob Dylan Center, I believe those plans have changed.

Vast Bank: 6-story, 100,000 sq foot building. At least 1-2 floors are occupied, and they're still working on the rest of the floors/rooftop.

Rendering:

This is an old picture, it's progressed well past this:

Davenport Lofts: Roughly $24 million 9-story condo building. 32 condos with 5,000 sq feet of retail/office space. Scheduled for completion in the 4th quarter of 2020. Looks very large in person compared to its surroundings.

Rendering:

Progress Picture:

OKPop Museum: Oklahoma Museum of Popular Culture, which will house collections of Oklahoma creative artists from music, movies, TV and more. Completion is expected in 2021. They had the official groundbreaking ceremony in October, but not a whole lot has happened since then.

Rendering:

The View Apartments: 198-unit, 6-story apartment project features 2 swimming pools and a bird's-eye view of ONEOK Field and the Tulsa Skyline.

Renderings:

WPX Headquarters: Definitely the biggest development underway in Tulsa right now. $100 million dollar, 11-story, 260,000 sq foot tower. Construction is underway, and expected to wrap up in 2022.

Renderings:

Progress:

There's a bunch of stuff I didn't include for the sake of time. I don't really get out of the downtown/midtown area much, but I know there's a lot of development in south Tulsa as well. Hopefully this gave some semblance of what's going on in the near-downtown Tulsa area!

Default Re: Tulsa Development Overview

Thanks very much.

That DGX store is a great idea.

did not know about a few of these... thanks for sharing all the info!

Left out all the wonderful parking garages in the CBD. (sarc) In all seriousness though there is a new one at First Place Tower and behind Arvest Bank on Main.

Also think that DGX store is an awesome idea. I presume they at least a decent selection of over the counter meds as well.

Another reno worth mentioning is the Adams Building. Buildings like these need sprucing up from time to time or else they face the chopping block, like the Tulsa Club nearly did.

Outside of WPX, the two most monumental projects to take place are stalling. The PAC development and whatever they call the development on the super block that now has the Indigo Hotel.

Great update. I also didn't know about a few of these projects and will check them out when I'm back in Tulsa.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Outside of WPX, the two most monumental projects to take place are stalling. The PAC development and whatever they call the development on the super block that now has the Indigo Hotel.
    Santa Fe Square. The next phase is the office building which will break ground as soon as they have an anchor tenant. The residential phase will begin once The View is finished in early 2022 (same development group). I’d rather they take their time to get this project right as it fills a huge hole downtown.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Left out all the wonderful parking garages in the CBD. (sarc) In all seriousness though there is a new one at First Place Tower and behind Arvest Bank on Main.

Also think that DGX store is an awesome idea. I presume they at least a decent selection of over the counter meds as well.

Another reno worth mentioning is the Adams Building. Buildings like these need sprucing up from time to time or else they face the chopping block, like the Tulsa Club nearly did.

Some great parking garages, you're right :P.

The PAC went to the state legislature for some sort of tax deal... I've heard rumblings that it was passed and things could be underway relatively soon.

It could be very cool to add some of this Tulsa development to the development map. For someone who is less familiar with Tulsa geography, having it mapped out would be huge.

Quote Originally Posted by ComeOnBenjals! View Post

Across 11th Street from Mother Road:

Fernweh Shops: Roughly $5 million, mixed-use development. Future tenants include a catering kitchen and a medical imaging company. Should be finished around May 2020.

Renderings:

I took some pictures of this development back in October.

Just saw this this morning. This is awesome!

https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/loca...f913e910b.html

Quote Originally Posted by Colbafone View Post
    Just saw this this morning. This is awesome!

https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/loca...f913e910b.html
    This is the first project of “Phase 2” of the Gathering Place which is the remaining 35 acres.

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Enthusiast View Post
    I took some pictures of this development back in October.

Those utility lines... those f@cking utility lines!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries

Tulsa development updates:

Blog Entries

Tulsa development is on the rise with an array of cranes creeping thru the business district. Great for T-Town.

Wow, they have cranes. Let me load the car up and head that way.

Rendering with the planned GreenArch II office building to the south. This is at the corner of Archer & Greenwood one block east of ONEOK Field.

Blog Entries

The 21 North Greenwood Building that started site work a few weeks ago is being moved slightly south on the lot to donate land for the museum. Construction on 21 N will continue and construction on the museum starts immediately.

Pano from last night. The Arts District now has 3 tower cranes up (OKPop, Davenport Lofts, WPX Energy from left to right).

Pretty cool to see them all up!

I ran through most of downtown yesterday and I was surprised how many big projects are under construction.

This was posted on Flintco's social media. They are the contractor for the new WPX HQ

Two cranes up at WPX site now. Total now at 4!

Thread Information