Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Costco to Moore

Default Costco to Moore

Putting this here so people in the area are sure to see it:

https://www.okctalk.com/content.php?...Moore-location

Default Re: Costco to Moore

Thanks Pete

Continuing the tradition of if I want to support my city I need to drive to the other side of town (North side) to do shopping, or if I want to do close shopping I have to go Moore. (Same thing every Southsider says I'm sure)

4. Default Re: Costco to Moore

Am I the only one who thinks this will make 19th and Telephone even worse than it already is? I actively avoid the area as I have seen way too many wrecks.

Time will tell. Being south of 19th on Telephone *might* help to encourage more use of the 34th bridge. A light at 25th could also take traffic east to the service road for those wanting to go South. Maybe this will also force ODOT to out on and off ramps at 34th.

When the rumors came out I was hoping it would be on the east side near the service road and 34th south of Mission Pointe but might have been to isolated there.

The location of this Cotsco is very strategic, as incomes are higher in this area. They will not only attract shoppers from SW Moore, but they will get dollars from the NW Norman area as well.

So, now The City of Moore is saying that Costco is NOT coming. So confused

Quote Originally Posted by damonsmuz View Post
    So, now The City of Moore is saying that Costco is NOT coming. So confused
    The project is out for bid.

They are probably saying that because there are still some things to be done regarding incentives, land purchase, etc.

It's too bad the city didn't fight to get this store in south okc instead of Moore.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_M View Post
    Time will tell. Being south of 19th on Telephone *might* help to encourage more use of the 34th bridge. A light at 25th could also take traffic east to the service road for those wanting to go South. Maybe this will also force ODOT to out on and off ramps at 34th.

When the rumors came out I was hoping it would be on the east side near the service road and 34th south of Mission Pointe but might have been to isolated there.
    I live in The Willows and was hoping for the east side of I35 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by bbradshaw View Post
    I live in The Willows and was hoping for the east side of I35 as well.
    I’m in the Willows as well and was hoping for the same thing. They are really going to need a center turn lane in telephone if this is going to not cause major headaches and accidents. That lot on the east side of I-35 along 34th would have been fantastic. Maybe it was that terrible off ramp there that made them decide 19th and telephone was the better option.

I wonder if this will be built before the Indian Hills/I-35 interchange redo?

Quote Originally Posted by macfoucin View Post
    Costco doesn't mess around, once they start construction they will be done in 6 months. So I doubt the interchange redo will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by macfoucin View Post
    I think that interchange is not scheduled until 2022 or 23. :/

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks this will make 19th and Telephone even worse than it already is? I actively avoid the area as I have seen way too many wrecks.
    You are not the only one so I am really annoyed by this

Quote Originally Posted by SouthSide View Post
    It's too bad the city didn't fight to get this store in south okc instead of Moore.
    I sure wish they did, we do not need more traffic on 19th street, it is awful

Any updates to when it will be finished? The original was Feb 2021. They are still doing dirt work. Looked like maybe putting up lights. Not sure.

My SIL lives about two miles from where they are building and each time I've mentioned it, I basically got a shrug. But, when she saw they were actually doing construction (and I assume she saw a "coming soon" sign), she was suddenly all excited about it and called us wanting to find out if she can be added to our account.

I guess it's the old "out of sight, out of mind" thing.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeareese View Post
    Any updates to when it will be finished? The original was Feb 2021. They are still doing dirt work. Looked like maybe putting up lights. Not sure.
    I don't have any insider info but I would suspect anywhere from 4 - 6 months depending on weather.

Me and my wife have a Sam's Card. We put her daughter on the second card. When Costco opens they will get a membership and give us the second card with my name.

Taken today:

I was at Costco earlier and was told by an employee they are looking at Yukon for their next location in the metro. Anyone have any validity to this or just a rumor or speculation??

Quote Originally Posted by roci28 View Post
    I was at Costco earlier and was told by an employee they are looking at Yukon for their next location in the metro. Anyone have any validity to this or just a rumor or speculation??
    They tend to go slow between stores in the same market. I bet they wait and see how the second store does in the metro. I know the first one exceeded their expectations.

But Yukon/West OKC makes tons of sense for them and there is still much more growth to come in that area. Neither the Moore or North OKC store really captures all those households out that direction.

We have way too many people who have lived in areas with Costco for Costco to be too new to them. I only see the travel time being the hindrance to their growth. Put a store close to middle or upper middle class folks and well you will have filled parking lots. I agree that a store in the Mustang/Yukon area will do well. I love shopping at Costco but since the pandemic, I avoid crowded stores. I've not been in. Every time I'm near the Memorial rd (OKC) store, the parking lot is packed. I'm just hope that with the opening of the Moore store, it'll be a bit less packed. Even before Covid, I was not a fan of shopping in crowded stores.

25. Default Re: Costco to Moore

This Moore location will be PACKED.

Thread Information