Widgets Magazine
Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Costco to Moore

  1. #1

    Default Costco to Moore

    Putting this here so people in the area are sure to see it:

    https://www.okctalk.com/content.php?...Moore-location

  2. #2

    Default Re: Costco to Moore

    Thanks Pete

  3. #3

    Default Re: Costco to Moore

    Continuing the tradition of if I want to support my city I need to drive to the other side of town (North side) to do shopping, or if I want to do close shopping I have to go Moore. (Same thing every Southsider says I'm sure)

  4. #4

    Default Re: Costco to Moore

    Am I the only one who thinks this will make 19th and Telephone even worse than it already is? I actively avoid the area as I have seen way too many wrecks.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Costco to Moore

    Time will tell. Being south of 19th on Telephone *might* help to encourage more use of the 34th bridge. A light at 25th could also take traffic east to the service road for those wanting to go South. Maybe this will also force ODOT to out on and off ramps at 34th.

    When the rumors came out I was hoping it would be on the east side near the service road and 34th south of Mission Pointe but might have been to isolated there.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Costco to Moore

    The location of this Cotsco is very strategic, as incomes are higher in this area. They will not only attract shoppers from SW Moore, but they will get dollars from the NW Norman area as well.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Costco to Moore

    So, now The City of Moore is saying that Costco is NOT coming. So confused

  8. #8

    Default Re: Costco to Moore

    Quote Originally Posted by damonsmuz View Post
    So, now The City of Moore is saying that Costco is NOT coming. So confused
    The project is out for bid.

    They are probably saying that because there are still some things to be done regarding incentives, land purchase, etc.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Costco to Moore

    It's too bad the city didn't fight to get this store in south okc instead of Moore.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Costco to Moore

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert_M View Post
    Time will tell. Being south of 19th on Telephone *might* help to encourage more use of the 34th bridge. A light at 25th could also take traffic east to the service road for those wanting to go South. Maybe this will also force ODOT to out on and off ramps at 34th.

    When the rumors came out I was hoping it would be on the east side near the service road and 34th south of Mission Pointe but might have been to isolated there.
    I live in The Willows and was hoping for the east side of I35 as well.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Costco to Moore

    Quote Originally Posted by bbradshaw View Post
    I live in The Willows and was hoping for the east side of I35 as well.
    Iím in the Willows as well and was hoping for the same thing. They are really going to need a center turn lane in telephone if this is going to not cause major headaches and accidents. That lot on the east side of I-35 along 34th would have been fantastic. Maybe it was that terrible off ramp there that made them decide 19th and telephone was the better option.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Costco to Moore

    I wonder if this will be built before the Indian Hills/I-35 interchange redo?

  13. #13

    Default Re: Costco to Moore

    Quote Originally Posted by macfoucin View Post
    I wonder if this will be built before the Indian Hills/I-35 interchange redo?
    Costco doesn't mess around, once they start construction they will be done in 6 months. So I doubt the interchange redo will be done.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Costco to Moore

    Quote Originally Posted by macfoucin View Post
    I wonder if this will be built before the Indian Hills/I-35 interchange redo?
    I think that interchange is not scheduled until 2022 or 23. :/

  15. #15

    Default Re: Costco to Moore

    Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks this will make 19th and Telephone even worse than it already is? I actively avoid the area as I have seen way too many wrecks.
    You are not the only one so I am really annoyed by this

  16. #16

    Default Re: Costco to Moore

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthSide View Post
    It's too bad the city didn't fight to get this store in south okc instead of Moore.
    I sure wish they did, we do not need more traffic on 19th street, it is awful

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Costco
    By Pete in forum Retail & Services
    Replies: 1418
    Last Post: 02-21-2020, 05:54 PM
  2. Costco Stores in Tulsa
    By Plutonic Panda in forum Tulsa & Suburbs
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-06-2014, 03:02 PM
  3. Costco
    By Robert_M in forum Tulsa & Suburbs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-14-2014, 01:42 PM
  4. lets bring COSTCO to OKC campaign
    By beshy in forum Businesses & Employers
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 11-11-2011, 05:31 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO