Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Swadleys

Default Re: Swadleys

I challenge people who haven't been to Swadley's to try the cream with corn as a side dish. I thought it would be creamed corn but "NO". It is field corn, that would normally be fed to cattle, swimming in milk. Try choking that down with every item on the menu that is fried in the same burnt oil. Not a fan.

Since when did they do steak?

3. Default Re: Swadleys

I drove by about 1045 yesterday and the lot was full. That's only 15 minutes after they were supposed to open the doors. So yea, i think there will be crowds for a bit. Remember, this parking lot was the sales lot for Enterprise Car Sales, so it's larger than the average bear's parking lot.

Never had Swadley's so I can't comment on if it's good or not. Just know that it'll be a bit before I do go so I don't have to deal with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    they've used this concept for a few years at a couple of their locations outside of the metro area. i think their enid location is one of these.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    they've used this concept for a few years at a couple of their locations outside of the metro area. i think their enid location is one of these.
    Has anyone had one of their steaks? Any good?

6. Default Re: Swadleys

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    The world famous steak claim has been in use for quite awhile.... Although I don't know how they became famous for steak nor have I ever seen anyone eating one as most people go there for the world famous BBQ.... Once again not sure who gave the world famous BBQ rating because most people that I know that go to Swadley's tell me it's because their wife loves the sauce.

^

I love their spicy BBQ sauce.

8. Default Re: Swadleys

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

LMAO..... I have to agree.... I like the Grumpy myself.... It's never failed to save the times they have served me meat that definitely wasn't world famous.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    Has anyone had one of their steaks? Any good?
    not me... i suppose 'world famous' is a relative term.

several years ago, the southwest okc location had prime rib on the menu for a limited-time and it was pretty good for the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    if it's the one i'm thinking of, i actually don't care for it... to me, it tastes like their sweet barbecue sauce with some finely diced jalapenos thrown in. that flavor combination doesn't do anything for me.

11. Default Re: Swadleys

if it's the one i'm thinking of, i actually don't care for it... to me, it tastes like their sweet barbecue sauce with some finely diced jalapenos thrown in. that flavor combination doesn't do anything for me.
    That may be why I like it because I always filled a cup half full of jalapenos and then put the sauce over them to give it a little more spice.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    That may be why I like it because I always filled a cup half full of jalapenos and then put the sauce over them to give it a little more spice.
    they saw what you did and took notes! i think that means they owe you residuals from all sales of their 'world famous' barbecue sauce.

13. Default Re: Swadleys

they saw what you did and took notes! i think that means they owe you residuals from all sales of their 'world famous' barbecue sauce.
    I may have to call corporate and get some details on this!

Not BBQ related and I've not seen them refer to anything being World Famous about it yet, but if you are at any of the state parks where the Swadley's have put in a Foggy Bottom.... They serve a pretty darn good breakfast. Definitely better quality breakfast meats than most places serve. The sausage links are big and the bacon is thick...... Biscuits are pretty good too and they bring you coffee in a huge mug..... And I don't know about the others but at Lake Murray they have a nice patio overlooking the lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    I may have to call corporate and get some details on this!

Not BBQ related and I've not seen them refer to anything being World Famous about it yet, but if you are at any of the state parks where the Swadley's have put in a Foggy Bottom.... They serve a pretty darn good breakfast. Definitely better quality breakfast meats than most places serve. The sausage links are big and the bacon is thick...... Biscuits are pretty good too and they bring you coffee in a huge mug..... And I don't know about the others but at Lake Murray they have a nice patio overlooking the lake.
    Nice...might have to do this + a day of hiking at Roman Nose once it starts to cool down in a month or two.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    Nice...might have to do this + a day of hiking at Roman Nose once it starts to cool down in a month or two.
    We went to Foggy Bottom in Roman Nose a few weeks ago and they were out of half their menu citing Covid supply problems. Just FYI.

Thread Information