Widgets Magazine
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 161718192021

Thread: University North Park

1. Default Re: University North Park

Naturally it would be been better to just maintain an empty field there and not allow any new development and job creation (at any level) in that part of town.

Default Re: University North Park

Used to enjoy it when it was a twisting lane through empty fields. Up near Tecumseh it was dark enough to enjoy stars without needing to go further out. Not that further out is bad, just that sometimes the time gets limited and a quick star gaze works well enough.

3. Default Re: University North Park

I just hope in the rush to get all the property tax revenue from University Park North, the City of Norman hasn't killed off Sooner Fashion Mall.

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    I just hope in the rush to get all the property tax revenue from University Park North, the City of Norman hasn't killed off Sooner Fashion Mall.
    I doubt that happens. There will always be a place for Dillard's and the other stores at Sooner Mall.

I'd rather see commercial businesses that need airport frontage go up on the east side of 24th north of Robinson to the Embassy Suites and then mixed residential with apts. and houses north of Rock Creek. Keep UNP as the big box shopping center it is mixed with some restaurants and smaller stores, and the Embassy Suites. Keep Sooner Mall's tenants there and bring the few 'upscale' businesses that would locate in Norman like Williams & Sonoma, Banana Republic, etc. to Campus Corner. Win win for all parts of Norman.

918, IMO you are dreaming about Williams Sonoma and Banana Republic coming to any place in Norman. If WS should come it won't be CC but UNP although I doubt the demographics justify even that. JMHO However the CEO of WS is an OU grad so who knows?

Banana Republic will never open a store on campus corner...campus corner will always be filled with kitschy boutiques like Savvy and Violet Ave.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    The mountain is gone.
    This place is going to get nailed by a tornado for disturbing the Indians.

Nah, we left Moore pretty much intact. It's bad for them, but for Norman, it's somewhat comforting to know that Tornados prefer Morons to Normads at a gajillion to one ratio.

moore has been cursed when they tore up sacred indian land along a small creek to buildt homes in the 70s, which is now called east hills, and silverleaf addition, but i think now norman is going be be cursed with tornados for tearing down king kongs final resting place (the mountain-hill)

Academy is supposed to open up October 23rd according to thier website.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesseda View Post
    moore has been cursed when they tore up sacred indian land along a small creek to buildt homes in the 70s, which is now called east hills, and silverleaf addition, but i think now norman is going be be cursed with tornados for tearing down king kongs final resting place (the mountain-hill)
    The hill was man made. It was the remaining piece of the firing range berm made to absorb bullets and other projectiles. It was left over from the old Naval Air Station that consisted of what is now Westheimer Airpark.

you mean to tell the the story about king kong being buried there is false!!!!! my dad lied to me

Also, on the Moore note, I grew up in Silverleaf, and that place has been tornado free as far as I can remember. West of the interstate on Janeway on the other hand...

maybe because it is sacred inian land even if it has been torn up, who knows, all i know is i lived in east hills along the creek, and my neighbor which lived in east hills since being built told me that story, that the developer unearthed some old indian items along the creek when building

OK, so here's a thought. how about a whole foods store in Norman???

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer1334 View Post
    OK, so here's a thought. how about a whole foods store in Norman???
    If OKC with over 500,000 people can't seem to land one I don't have high hopes for Norman until that happens. I do think it would be a perfect fit in Norman, though not in UNP. Norman needs another large grocery store option besides Homeland and Wal-Mart/Target.

I would enjoy a whole foods store, is the new crest in south okc and may area going to a whole foods market? well i hope one comes out to the south okc,moore-norman area soon, I thought there was plans for the unp to get one?

so whats the deal with this.. any more news or store that have opened in the past 6 months? i thought this thing was going to be huge, what happened

19. Default Re: University North Park

Yea there has been a couple places, academy outdoors, logans, chedders, to name a couple.
    Never Trust Anybody Until You Know Who They Are!!!

honestly, I think the economy happened. It's just hard to make any deals or has been hard over the last 2 years - some stuff is breaking free now from what I hear (even in other segments like energy are popping a bit more right now). But, I also think they oversold what they could bring/deliver when they started this deal too... but in 2-8 yrs, it might end up having more of the stuff that they had talked about. Time will tell...

so whats the deal with this.. any more news or store that have opened in the past 6 months? i thought this thing was going to be huge, what happened

There were a lot of threads going around called "University North Park," but I saw this had the most discussion, so I will just post on this one:

There is a crane out on UNP putting up what appears to be a parking garage just north of Rock Creek, along with steel for an office building?

They are also working on an office building on the north end of the development on 24th and Tecumseh, and the building (the name of the company that will occupy it escapes me) has come along nicely too.

A lot of activity has picked up here and will be interesting to watch. Would love to see this thread get more active with the potentials of this place!

22. Default Re: University North Park

Quote Originally Posted by gman11695 View Post
    There were a lot of threads going around called "University North Park," but I saw this had the most discussion, so I will just post on this one:
    Pete renamed the thread with the most current discussion to University Town Center.

Thread Information