Widgets Magazine
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: University North Park

1. Default Re: University North Park

I dont really mind the "same old crap" stores. I think those are necessary stores to support diversity. Meaning, you have to have some of the old or regular to have some of the new and different. The key point to me is that it doesnt turn into an Ed Noble parkway x2 and even uglier because the back of the stores faces the highway!

2. Default Re: University North Park

Sure, but so far there is no new and different.

Default Re: University North Park

Quote Originally Posted by jbrown84 View Post
    thank the Norman City Council.... they are dragging their feet on the TIF and it is putting, not only the more "upscale" shops in jeopardy, but now Hammon's is waiting to begin the hotel and convention center....

so hopefully they get their act together....

4. Default Re: University North Park

It's kind of crazy that Hammons plans a hotel/convention center in UNP and the I-35 & Covell project, and and Embassy Suites downtown.

5. Default Re: University North Park

There isn't old either. Actually, there is nothing but a target.

Why dont you guys lay off of the UNP project. Its not even really underway yet. Have a little faith that they are going to do what they said they are, and thats something bigger and better! How can anyone say there is nothing new or different when there is nothing old and the same?

I think the point of this thread is to talk about what you hear, what you want, what you dont want etc, not bash it before it starts. If you want new and different, talk about that. Dont gripe about something that doesnt exist! There has been no plans finalized saying that we are getting a cingular, a nail place, donut store, dry cleaning and oil change place. So why think thats all its going to be. I'm sorry even those regular "old and the same" stores arent enough to fill up 2.5 million square feet, so obviously we are getting something big and exciting.

CHILL OUT

I agree, give it time. From what I understand David Boren is still very involved in the project. The man's very well connected and great at playing the game from what I can tell... I just can't believe he would let it turn into yet another strip mall.

7. Default Re: University North Park

The lateset I heard is some of the shops in the sooner mall are going to move out there, grapevine says the mall owner has raised the leases and they don't want to pay what he wants. I can see UNP being another Ed Noble Parkway, norman city coucil is gutless and don't really care about what the citizens of norman want, if it benifits the council and makes them look good they go for it.

8. Default Re: University North Park

Quote Originally Posted by oudirtypop View Post
    How can anyone say there is nothing new or different when there is nothing old and the same?
    I'm just going off the list of tenants that have been annouced and so far there is nothing that's new to this market.

Sportsman's Warehouse
    Pei Wei
    Target
    TJ Maxx
    Circuit City
    Office Depot
    Petco
    Kirklands
    Dress Barn
    Maurices
    Rack Room Shoes
    PF Changs

...pretty much describes Memorial and Penn, although I can imagine for Normanites it's exciting to get some of these things near them, like Target, Pei Wei, and PF Changs.

And not only is it nothing new, with the exception of Pei Wei and PF Changs, there's nothing even remotely upscale.

No Talbots, no White House l Black Market, no Apple Store, no Jos. A Bank, no J. Crew, no Banana Republic, etc. SO FAR, I'm not impressed.

^ Perfect for a revitalized downtown retail strip along Main Street east of Flood, or a new mixed-use district along University Blvd. through Campus Corner. Those kinds of stores would be more inclined to open in urban areas of central Norman, which is where they belong.

10. Default Re: University North Park

I'm just going off the list of tenants that have been annouced and so far there is nothing that's new to this market.

Sportsman's Warehouse
    Pei Wei
    Target
    TJ Maxx
    Circuit City
    Office Depot
    Petco
    Kirklands
    Dress Barn
    Maurices
    Rack Room Shoes
    PF Changs

...pretty much describes Memorial and Penn, although I can imagine for Normanites it's exciting to get some of these things near them, like Target, Pei Wei, and PF Changs.

And not only is it nothing new, with the exception of Pei Wei and PF Changs, there's nothing even remotely upscale.

No Talbots, no White House l Black Market, no Apple Store, no Jos. A Bank, no J. Crew, no Banana Republic, etc. SO FAR, I'm not impressed.
    can you tell me where you got that list of tenants?

11. Default Re: University North Park

In this very thread.

12. Default Re: University North Park

Sportsman's Warehouse
    Pei Wei
    Target
    TJ Maxx
    Circuit City
    Office Depot
    Petco
    Kirklands
    Dress Barn
    Maurices
    Rack Room Shoes
    PF Changs

Can anyone verify actual sources for any of this information? I mean, yesterday, the lady that cuts my hair at sport clips said they are thinking about putting another sports clips in over by the target, but that sure doesnt mean they are going to. Besides Target and Embassy Suites, has anyone actually read, heard or been told any other FOR SURE things going in UNP? i'm sure a few of these places will end up there, but i haven't been able to find anything about 90% of that list. Not to mention, by not finding anything about them, doesn't mean that banana, J. Crew, or the others aren't going there either.

13. Default Re: University North Park

Quote Originally Posted by okyboy View Post
    This is what I know about University North Park:

Target will officially open 10/3/2006. Throughout the center proposed tenants include TJ Maxx, Circuit City, Office Depot, Petco, Kirklands, Dress Barn, Maurices, Rack Room Shoes. PF Changs as well as Pei Wei are heavily considered as possible tenants. Chipolte will be located on an outparcel. Starbucks will be a build-to-suit in Area 1B. JC Penney will be located in Area 2A, while Kohl's will be located in Area 2B. John Q hammons will build Embassy Suites in Area 4 along with a large convention center.

Home Depot is in negotation to take Area 3A, which means the present location on I-35 will be vacated.

Other possible tenants include: high end eateries, Hal Smith type restaurants, Whole Foods, Costco, and The Container Store.

A theatre is planned for the Lifestyle Center however it is to be small and offer dining during the movie.

Sooner Mall is not intending to close and from what it appears Dillards will absorb the vacated JC Penney store, much like Dillards did at Penn Square.

From my understanding, the large theatre planned for Moore is stil underway; however additional investors are being sought before additional financing can be provided.

Unfortunately, University North Park offers the same ol' stuff that is being located at very shopping center in OKC. There is still some available retail bays and restaurant sites that the developer can utilize that will make this development stand out from the rest.
    Hey OKBOY, where did you get this info?

15. Default Re: University North Park

Also there are maps floating around somewhere that show the locations of all these stores in the development. Don't remember where I saw it.

16. Default Re: University North Park

Also there are maps floating around somewhere that show the locations of all these stores in the development. Don't remember where I saw it.
    Here you go jbrown, not a good scan really though:

nice web page, EASY!

Sooner Investments has a pdf file with all of the tenants of this shopping center up. You're welcome to take a look there if you want to know what's fact and fiction.

I bring this up because most of what jbrown said is true ... those are the tenants for now. The only tenant announced so far for the pedestrian mall is Belk's, which doesn't really impress me, for their pedestrian mall...

18. Default Re: University North Park

I was fairly disappointed with the Belk that recently opened in Stillwater.

19. Default Re: University North Park

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Sooner Investments has a pdf file with all of the tenants of this shopping center up.
    yeah thats where I saw it

20. Default Re: University North Park

These might be the most helpful links in this whole discussion! Bookmark these. I am sure more information to come in the coming months!
    Thanks for telling us about it Spartan.

After Seeing these, thats pretty exciting.

http://www.soonerinvestment.com/pdf_...man-071406.pdf

http://www.soonerinvestment.com/pdf_..._dp-071406.pdf

http://www.soonerinvestment.com/pdf_...ons-071406.pdf

http://www.soonerinvestment.com/pdf_...orman-1106.pdf

21. Default Re: University North Park

Now, i do have one bit of confusion...why would they put a kohls there with the one right up the road? Also, they are currently building a new JCPenny off of 19th and i 35, so why put another one of those there also? That doesnt make much sense to me.

I would guess, in the lifestyle mall part we will see big names, high end...mac, white house, banana, gapkids, etc.

This is one thing I can actually agree with oudirtypop on, give this development some time.

23. Default Re: University North Park

I am thinking it is a good sign that the JC Penney is not in the lifestyle center portion of the development.

Quote Originally Posted by oudirtypop View Post
    These might be the most helpful links in this whole discussion! Bookmark these. I am sure more information to come in the coming months!
    Thanks for telling us about it Spartan.

After Seeing these, thats pretty exciting.

http://www.soonerinvestment.com/pdf_...man-071406.pdf

http://www.soonerinvestment.com/pdf_..._dp-071406.pdf

http://www.soonerinvestment.com/pdf_...ons-071406.pdf

http://www.soonerinvestment.com/pdf_...orman-1106.pdf
    No problem. And don't quite piddle your pants just yet ... what we've seen so far is, on the whole, quite depressing for the "BIGGEST PROJECT OF ALL-TIME" that we were expecting. Note the sarcasm...

This project will eventually work its way up to Tecumseh, is my understanding, and I'm hoping that this would just get more, and more impressive as we go. The residential market in Norman, where I live, is booming, and it will be interesting to see if the developers intend to take advantage of that.

I like the look, modern. I think they are giving it a good shot. The Branson Landing is really nice and it had Belk. I don't know anything bout it. Is it high-end?

Thread Information