Widgets Magazine
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: University North Park

Default Re: University North Park

hi, i just discovered this forum today... and although this is unrelated to UNP, does anyone have any information about the BJ's Brewhouse going into the old Don Pablo's?

I was wondering when they were planning to open and such...

hi, i just discovered OKC talk today, and although this is unrelated to UNP... I was wondering if anyone has information on the new BJs Brewhouse going into the old Don Pablo's?

Does anyone know when they plan to open?

3. Default Re: University North Park

Are there any updates on the tenant list for this project. I heard that Costco was a proposed tenant. They will kill Sam's club business.

I've yet to see the positive feedback that Banana is supposedly supplying to this center. I wonder how many other retailers are being touted as inaccurately as BR is... They shouldn't say anything until they have firm LOIs signed, otherwise they're just getting everyone falsely excited.

I want this place to be incredible, but they sure seem to be a lot of talk for time-being. Hopefully within the next year they will have a more substantially realistic portfolio of tenants to tout.

I'm curious... I saw a new building starting a little south of Target... anyone know which tenant is coming next?

Urban Outfitters please! Haha..just kidding. I'm not really sure, but I'm curious as well. I'm guessing the urban outfitters, puma, and lucky store will all be in the outside mall area. This sounds a lot like what Dallas offers to me in places like the Northpark Mall and Mockingbird lane. If the "outside mall" area turns out anything like the one on Mockingbird lane in Dallas, I'll be thrilled. I'm guessing it'll be a long time before all that comes in though.

I'm just grateful for whatever comes up..I'm from Stratford...so I'm used to having nothing around to do...so having even more original businesses close to Norman or the college is always great.

should be the cingular/att building

I thought that ATT was going on the north side of Target, and the south side (where the loop is) was like Ted's. On the Urban Outfitters issue, I've heard for a long time that Edmond was supposedly getting one. But I've heard that for a long time from multiple people, and nothing has happened. I do olove them though, and wish I didn't have to buy so much stuff online.

I'm thinking the lifestyle center is going to have a lot of shops like maybe Kansas City's Country Club Plaza. I know the last time I was there they had many of the same shops that have been proposed or at least brought up, and some others, like Anthropologie (or something like that, Urban's parent company), Armani Exchange, and some stores that Penn Square have now. They also had an incredible two story gap that was awesome, a big, nice area to shop, no cramped spaces.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to the west of 24 part of the Park, cause the other half is just rehashed stuff I can already get.

9. Default Re: University North Park

i think you mean the east side! The west is going to be a big shopping center...ed noble parkway 2. And they all face the east so the view from the highway is going to be spectacular!

and the building to the south is a teds. I spoke with a managment person at teds and he said they are breaking ground now and set to open in the fall. he also said they are going to have a full bar and be much bigger than any other teds.

Yeah, I meant west.

That's good to know about Teds, the other locations are TINY and there's always a huge wait on the weekends.

I dearly wish that we could somehow get an H&M. As far as clothing stores go they are delightful, and generally quite a lot cheaper than urban outfitters. Anyone else ever been to one?

12. Default Re: University North Park

H&M is great! I went there in New York a few weeks back. They have much better clothes at Old Navy prices. It's not an expensive place, so there really is no excuse for them not entering this market.

Yeah and H&M would be nice. I've also personally emailed Urban Outfitters several times over the past year and they've mentioned they were highly interested in the OKC metro and currently scouting locations. Hopefully this is accurate information and they will land a couple locations.

Also, I went to the OU Red/White game this past weekend and saw walls of several other buildings going up at UNP. Alot more dirt work has been done, and a sign for the JQ Hammons Embassy Suites was up but no dirt work had begun.

I went to H & M in Chicago for Spring Break and I love that store. It would be fantastic if we could get one.

15. Default Re: University North Park

I looked at H&M's website and their expansion hasn't made it past St. Louis and Chicago yet. Hopefully we will be in their next round along with KC and Dallas.

I am not sure if this has been listed here or not. Mahogany Prime Steakhouse in the University North Park development.

Steakhouse to locate in UNP @ www.nedcok.com

17. Default Re: University North Park

It looks like they broke ground on the hotel and conference center.

Hotel, conference center considered to be 'crown jewel' @ www.nedcok.com

Any updates on UNP?

19. Default Re: University North Park

I drove through there Monday and there are a lot of buildings making progress just north of the Target, and one set much further north all alone. I thought that was kind of odd.

Yeah, I believe the one wayyyyyy north is the Hotel and Conference Center.

21. Default Re: University North Park

The one way north is Kohls. The hotel is on the east side of 24th ave. There isnt anything to see on it yet. They were finishing up drilling piers last week.

22. Default Re: University North Park

Yeah, it was a big box. Couldn't have been the hotel.

kohl's in unp? would that be too close to the existing one on 19th & i-35? -M

There was a stenciled/painted sign there at one point that said "Kohl's", but I did not think they would put another one that close to the one in Moore.

Amazing how much of a mystery all the development at UNP seems to be! Why all the secrecy???

25. Default Re: University North Park

What is the update on the Embassy Suites - Went to the JQ Hammons website and there is no longer mention of proprerty being built in Norman - Does anyone know what happened?

Thread Information