Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 20 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Default 2020 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Happy (belated) new year. Let's see what happens in air travel in Oklahoma with the threat of lower spending looming... hopefully it's just a blip.

Default Re: 2020 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

It appears that Southwest has added a new daily non-stop to PHX. I assume this is one of the replacements for the removed DAL non-stops. I personally think this is a good trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
    It appears that Southwest has added a new daily non-stop to PHX. I assume this is one of the replacements for the removed DAL non-stops. I personally think this is a good trade.
    Also like the daily”s to BNA.

I was at a seminar in Phoenix last week and was surprised that one of my friends from Baltimore had flown to Phoenix on SWA and connected in OKC. I never really thought of people connecting in OKC

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    I was at a seminar in Phoenix last week and was surprised that one of my friends from Baltimore had flown to Phoenix on SWA and connected in OKC. I never really thought of people connecting in OKC
    I knew it happened at a small level, but it seemed like most of the time i heard about it was when weather threw some of the normal routes into chaos and airlines were looking for any way to get people to their destination.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    I knew it happened at a small level, but it seemed like most of the time i heard about it was when weather threw some of the normal routes into chaos and airlines were looking for any way to get people to their destination.
    Not surprising that it was on southwest as they don't have true hubs. They pretty much offer connections through any airport.

Just as another example AA probably also makes connections available via OKC on award tickets. Not uncommon for there to be no saver availability on nonstop between key cities, but if you want to fly OKC-LAX via ELP, that's often an option.

Quote Originally Posted by no1cub17 View Post
    Not uncommon for there to be no saver availability on nonstop between key cities, but if you want to fly OKC-LAX via ELP, that's often an option.
    Wouldn't you have to go OKC-DFW-ELP-LAX then? We don't have a direct OKC-ELP on AA.

Boom! OKC to LGA on American! Now just get Boston, and OKC is pretty well covered.

https://flyokc.com/american-airlines...uardia-airport

Quote Originally Posted by jdizzle View Post
    Boom! OKC to LGA on American! Now just get Boston, and OKC is pretty well covered.

https://flyokc.com/american-airlines...uardia-airport
    Great news!

HangryHippo Guest

Oh hell yes!!

Excellent. This is excellent news.

Huge.

American will be the #1 carrier pretty soon.

Quote Originally Posted by LakeEffect View Post
    Wouldn't you have to go OKC-DFW-ELP-LAX then? We don't have a direct OKC-ELP on AA.
    You're right, OKC-LAX wasn't the route I was searching for. Brain fart. I have seen similar bizarre routings though. If searching for a OKC-PHL award, I've seen things like OKC-DFW-CMH-PHL or OKC-ORD-IND-PHL.

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    Huge.

American will be the #1 carrier pretty soon.
    Well, they're still 30 to 40,000 total passengers behind Southwest in OKC per month, so that would require quite a few more upgrades to aircraft size and/or new routes.

Well, they're still 30 to 40,000 total passengers behind Southwest in OKC per month, so that would require quite a few more upgrades to aircraft size and/or new routes.
    Yep. If AA upgraded all the American Eagle flights to mainline, they might get closer and work to rival SW.

Wow - OKC-LGA is massive!!!! I guess to look at the down side, this pretty much guarantees that OKC-PHL will stay at 1x/day?

By 30-40 you meant 20 right?

https://flyokc.com/sites/default/fil...nplanement.pdf

SW will contract at least 10% this year. American will continue to grow.

HangryHippo Guest

What are you basing SW's 10% contraction on? Axing of flights to DAL?

Has there ever been a non-stop flight from OKC to LGA?

AA will have LAX, PHX, DFW, ORD, MIA, CLT, PHL, DCA and LGA. That's impressive. TUL, which has traditionally been an AA stronghold with the Mx base and 5k+ employees, only has LAX, DFW, ORD and CLT. They would be ecstatic to have to the recent AA adds that OKC has seen.

Not surprised to see low to no growth from Southwest with the MAX issues. BNA has been the only recent add for OKC (along with the axing of the DAL flight) while TUL finally gets a BWI flight.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I would have to think that the 737 MAX fiasco is going to catch up to Southwest at some point. Going on a year of being grounded now and still few signs of progress in terms of getting it back into the air. Sucks because Southwest is my favorite airline and I'm having nightmares thinking about Frontier overtaking them as the largest low-cost carrier in the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    Has there ever been a non-stop flight from OKC to LGA?

AA will have LAX, PHX, DFW, ORD, MIA, CLT, PHL, DCA and LGA. That's impressive. TUL, which has traditionally been an AA stronghold with the Mx base and 5k+ employees, only has LAX, DFW, ORD and CLT. They would be ecstatic to have to the recent AA adds that OKC has seen.

Not surprised to see low to no growth from Southwest with the MAX issues. BNA has been the only recent add for OKC (along with the axing of the DAL flight) while TUL finally gets a BWI flight.
    I remember having a few connecting flights through LGA in the early 2000s, but other than that I have no idea how long OKC-LGA was a regular route.

No, I meant 40k. It's 20k enplanements and 20k deplanements, so 40k.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Yes. We’ll see if I’m right or not in about 2 weeks, but everything I’ve seen and heard they’re numbers will take a pretty big hit.

No, I meant 40k. It's 20k enplanements and 20k deplanements, so 40k.

Yeah but the gap is 20.

When American adds a flight it closes both gaps.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    I would have to think that the 737 MAX fiasco is going to catch up to Southwest at some point. Going on a year of being grounded now and still few signs of progress in terms of getting it back into the air. Sucks because Southwest is my favorite airline and I'm having nightmares thinking about Frontier overtaking them as the largest low-cost carrier in the U.S.
    Frontier fleet is 10% of the SW fleet so you can stop having bad dreams.

I do think SW is getting stuck between the MAX not flying and some 737 700 needing to be retired. They postpone some retirement but I dont know how much longer they can go.

Thread Information