Widgets Magazine
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Default Re: 2020 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by OkiePoke View Post
    I have seen reliable sources dispute that claim.
    Yeah my government affairs contacts at AA would've heard about this if it were anywhere near imminent. They've still heard no credible news of a domestic flight shutdown coming.

Quote Originally Posted by AP View Post
    I saw that earlier today. I don't think it holds a ton of water, I doubt that webpage has exclusive sources that the major news networks don't have. They would pick up on it, too.

If it hasn't happened yet, I don't think we'll see it happen.

3. Default Re: 2020 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

My thoughts as well. I couldn't find it corroborated anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    I saw that earlier today. I don't think it holds a ton of water, I doubt that webpage has exclusive sources that the major news networks don't have. They would pick up on it, too.

If it hasn't happened yet, I don't think we'll see it happen.
    airline just got approval to cut flights even more all the way until september ..

There are 40 cars total give or take one or two in the long term parking lot off Amelia Earhart Ln.

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    There are 40 cars total give or take one or two in the long term parking lot off Amelia Earhart Ln.
    Less than 35 cars now. Never seen it this bad. Don't see any buses they might of well just close it and lower the rates of the garage and just let everyone park there for $5 a day.

Sad indeed...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WRWA_1.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	2.43 MB 
ID:	15950

Name:	WRWA_2.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	1.78 MB 
ID:	15951

Name:	WRWA_3.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	1.66 MB 
ID:	15952

Name:	WRWA_4.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	1.82 MB 
ID:	15953

Name:	WRWA_5.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	1.67 MB 
ID:	15954

I know airlines and airports are hurting, but, the momentum that OKC was having and just to have it come to a halt is upsetting. I wonder how long it will take for the airport to get back to "Pre 2020 levels". Which routes will not return??

I would not be surprised if LGA does't launch. Airlines are going to be smaller out of this for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by damonsmuz View Post
    I know airlines and airports are hurting, but, the momentum that OKC was having and just to have it come to a halt is upsetting. I wonder how long it will take for the airport to get back to "Pre 2020 levels". Which routes will not return??

I would not be surprised if LGA does't launch. Airlines are going to be smaller out of this for a while.
    I am fearful of it, as well. But I am also staying cognizant of the fact there are more important things than whether I can fly to the epicenter of this garbage nonstop.

Hi, I work for Parking at the airport, the correct number of total long term cars as of 4/10/2020 is more than what has been posted on this page, right now we are between 200-300 long term customer currently parked (we have averaged around that number now for about a week so at least it is not declining further) , yes that is a lot more than what others have recently posted but this is still a huge decline # comparison from this time last year due to the Covid 19. Lot #1 and Lot#3 are currently closed. Premium, lot#2 and garage are currently open. for updates with will rogers Covid 19 and Airport updates please visit flyokc.com and click the Covid 19 information and airport update link

[QUOTE=Jesseda;1114035]Hi, I work for Parking at the airport, the correct number of total long term cars as of 4/10/2020 is more than what has been posted on this page, right now we are between 200-300 long term customer currently parked (we have averaged around that number now for about a week so at least it is not declining further) , yes that is a lot more than what others have recently posted but this is still a huge decline # comparison from this time last year due to the Covid 19. Lot #1 and Lot#3 are currently closed. Premium, lot#2 and garage are currently open. for updates with will rogers Covid 19 and Airport updates please visit flyokc.com and click the Covid 19 information and airport update link[/QUOS

So parking lot 1 is closed? I was going to say there are only like 35 cars over there now.

yes lot #1 has been closed for two weeks now, all of the cars you see coming and most going from Lot#1 are airline employee commuters. Lot#3 has been closed 3 weeks now.

14. Default Re: 2020 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

I think April will be much worse. The first week or two of March was sorta unwinding from normal-ish. April is anything but that.

Quote Originally Posted by brianinok View Post
    I think April will be much worse. The first week or two of March was sorta unwinding from normal-ish. April is anything but that.
    Yes, April will be way worse. And right now the airlines are planning for May demand to be about 3%. United is expecting systemwide traffic for the entire month of May to be the total of what one normal day in May is. That's no bueno.

Yes, April will be way worse. And right now the airlines are planning for May demand to be about 3%. United is expecting systemwide traffic for the entire month of May to be the total of what one normal day in May is. That's no bueno.
    May will be the bottom, June won't be nearly as bad. Everyday more and more American's are done with the lock-downs and will violate them.

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    May will be the bottom, June won't be nearly as bad. Everyday more and more American's are done with the lock-downs and will violate them.
    I agree. But the projections for the airlines are much worse than they initially expected. They are talking only a 30-40% demand recovery by October 1 (D day for airline employees as the grant money provides protections only thru Sept 30.) Hopefully, those projections improve, also plenty of time between now and then.

I just received a notice over the weekend that my trip on United and Air New Zealand was cancelled at the end of June. Catch, I'll do my best to help out your airline when they allow me to Cheers!

19. Default Re: 2020 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

I’ve heard that passenger count is way down. I’m sure it is. I manage two facilities. One on Meridian across from the mega car rental and the other on 59th and Air Cargo. With the construction going on it was a pain to get between the two many times a day. For the past month it’s been no problem at all. And I pass by the “remote” parking lot. It’s pretty much empty.

Yikes. Looks like United is gonna cut October 1st

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...uts/index.html

Yup.

Keep in mind, this is partly posturing, partly hard truth. There are several union contracts entering negotiations this summer. Also, this again shifts the conversation back to the gov. for more aid in return for job protections.

United was the first one to open the conversation with DC lawmakers and was very quick to spell out how dire of a situation this is. Expect AA, DL, and WN to follow with similar letters in short order. Agree or disagree with it if you want but things are indeed dire and they aren't wrong to continue to ask for help, you can always ask - you might not get an answer you want. But the answer is always no if you don't ask. There's quite a lot of politics going on too, and I won't go into it as this is the wrong thread. But AA, DL, WN, and UA cutting 20% of their workforce 33 days before an election does not look good for the incumbent. That is well over 100,000 workers hitting the unemployment line on Oct 2. That's not good. I would expect some further aid, even if it is small, to come over the summer to push that date back to Jan 1, 2021 as it will at least kick the can further down the road away from election time and after Christmas.

Keep in mind, this is partly posturing, partly hard truth. There are several union contracts entering negotiations this summer. Also, this again shifts the conversation back to the gov. for more aid in return for job protections.

United was the first one to open the conversation with DC lawmakers and was very quick to spell out how dire of a situation this is. Expect AA, DL, and WN to follow with similar letters in short order. Agree or disagree with it if you want but things are indeed dire and they aren't wrong to continue to ask for help, you can always ask - you might not get an answer you want. But the answer is always no if you don't ask. There's quite a lot of politics going on too, and I won't go into it as this is the wrong thread. But AA, DL, WN, and UA cutting 20% of their workforce 33 days before an election does not look good for the incumbent. That is well over 100,000 workers hitting the unemployment line on Oct 2. That's not good. I would expect some further aid, even if it is small, to come over the summer to push that date back to Jan 1, 2021 as it will at least kick the can further down the road away from election time and after Christmas.
    Yeah there might be another round of bailout or they’ve made an enemy in the president, regardless of how you feel politically, he is the president with the bully pulpit, United management could cave.

Yeah. I think there's a chance this will all be avoided anyway. Once demand shows an increase, it's not going to stop, short of another outbreak or something else god forbid. If demand is increasing around August (when they will have to start the furlough process to be in place by Oct) they will be in a tough spot. Furloughs cost money and don't provide the ramp up flexibility they need. They also crater morale which is not good for future employee relations. It's a tough call and I don't envy their position in the slightest.

Thread Information