Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Old Spaghetti Factory

Default Re: Old Spaghetti Factory

Quote Originally Posted by Swake View Post
    The Tulsa Spaghetti Warehouse is gone. It's currently a two story deep crater as part of the site for the new WPX Energy building.
    That's a shame, that was a 100 year old building.

Any updates on this?

Quote Originally Posted by workman45 View Post
    Any updates on this?
    They have their building permit but nothing is happening.

It's probably just delayed due to the current situation.

Work has started:

Blog Entries

will be nice to have that visible corner in use again

My biggest hope is that awesome 2nd-level patio is finally busy.

It's great space and highly visible; would go a long way towards bringing more life to that part of Sheridan.

Blog Entries

I'm shocked they didn't figure out a way to get it online during the warm months of the pandemic, would have been great for that

I'm excited for this. One of my fondest memories growing up was going to the Old Spaghetti Warehouse in Seattle.

9. Default Re: Old Spaghetti Factory

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    I'm shocked they didn't figure out a way to get it online during the warm months of the pandemic, would have been great for that
    They'd paused on everything. And then the bombing in Nashville slowed them down a bit. Completely lost that location (there's more to that story and it sucks). But everyone I speak to on this deal (leasing agent and property owner are both friends/colleagues of mine, and I've spoken to their Wichita-based contractor also) says these people are nothing but total pros.

10. Default Re: Old Spaghetti Factory

Quote Originally Posted by midtownokcer View Post
    I'm excited for this. One of my fondest memories growing up was going to the Old Spaghetti Warehouse in Seattle.
    sadly, it's LONG gone. ...
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    They'd paused on everything. And then the bombing in Nashville slowed them down a bit. Completely lost that location (there's more to that story and it sucks). But everyone I speak to on this deal (leasing agent and property owner are both friends/colleagues of mine, and I've spoken to their Wichita-based contractor also) says these people are nothing but total pros.
    How is the food? I've never dined in a Spaghetti Factory.

12. Default Re: Old Spaghetti Factory

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    How is the food? I've never dined in a Spaghetti Factory.
    I've never been, either. I've seen them in other cites and always dismissed it with "ah...just a ripoff of Spaghetti Warehouse..."

Joke was on me! This is the originator of the concept, and SW ripped THEM off. Hopefully the food is better than SW, and I have to believe that it will be based upon everything I've been told about the family who owns the corporation. It sounds like a well-run operation from the top down.

^

It's a telling sign that Old Spaghetti Factory is expanding while the Spaghetti Warehouse is all but dead.

OSF is very family-oriented and Bricktown needs more of that as opposed to the multiple get-stabbed $2 Bud bars and weekend-only 'clubs'.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    If they hadn't invested money yet, pausing was the safer option.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

It's a telling sign that Old Spaghetti Factory is expanding while the Spaghetti Warehouse is all but dead.

OSF is very family-oriented and Bricktown needs more of that as opposed to the multiple get-stabbed $2 Bud bars and weekend-only 'clubs'.
    Which kind of "Bud" are we talking about here?

^
    Budweiser, as I should have made clear.

Hopefully they have deep pockets and can make this work. This is a premier space but it's no wonder West failed almost immediately and it's been vacant for the most part for several years now. It's got a lot of logistical challenges and I always said it would take something corporate here to make it work. Thought HSG might be the only local suitor but there's a reason it's been vacant so long. Depending on what the Scaramucci's are charging to lease you've got to feed a whole lot of people just to afford the rent there.

Cheesecake Factory. I been tellen yall. Them folks travelen to The City for a night out want themselves' big helpens.

19. Default Re: Old Spaghetti Factory

Quote Originally Posted by OKCRealtor View Post
    Hopefully they have deep pockets and can make this work. This is a premier space but it's no wonder West failed almost immediately and it's been vacant for the most part for several years now. It's got a lot of logistical challenges and I always said it would take something corporate here to make it work. Thought HSG might be the only local suitor but there's a reason it's been vacant so long. Depending on what the Scaramucci's are charging to lease you've got to feed a whole lot of people just to afford the rent there.
    I'm not privy to the details of the lease but I can tell you that the Scaramuccis were very motivated to get the right tenant into this space and also learned some lessons from the previous tenancy. They were very deliberate in getting what they believe is a very strong, experienced and dedicated tenant. They met repeatedly with the family who owns the corporation - and has for around half a century - and even traveled unannounced to a location in another city to try it out.

And while as I said I don't have financial details, I DO know that both groups went a bit outside their respective (and usually fairly rigid) leasing comfort zones, just because they felt strongly about the other party. I've known the Scaramuccis now for nearly 20 years, and I can tell you that they both - especially Avis - are way more concerned with doing the right thing for the district than they are with making personal gain. So I would suspect that they did whatever made sense to get this tenant, who they appear to hold in very high regard. So I feel good about this one. And I've seen many, many people come and go in Bricktown (and elsewhere downtown) at this point and would put my gut up against most anyone.

^

Thanks for that perspective.

Bricktown needs a name-brand broad-appeal restaurant anchor.

And from what I've read about the food, most reviews are quite positive. I think this place will turn into a nice draw ala the Spaghetti Warehouse at the beginning of its run.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    I'm not privy to the details of the lease but I can tell you that the Scaramuccis were very motivated to get the right tenant into this space and also learned some lessons from the previous tenancy. They were very deliberate in getting what they believe is a very strong, experienced and dedicated tenant. They met repeatedly with the family who owns the corporation - and has for around half a century - and even traveled unannounced to a location in another city to try it out.

And while as I said I don't have financial details, I DO know that both groups went a bit outside their respective (and usually fairly rigid) leasing comfort zones, just because they felt strongly about the other party. I've known the Scaramuccis now for nearly 20 years, and I can tell you that they both - especially Avis - are way more concerned with doing the right thing for the district than they are with making personal gain. So I would suspect that they did whatever made sense to get this tenant, who they appear to hold in very high regard. So I feel good about this one. And I've seen many, many people come and go in Bricktown (and elsewhere downtown) at this point and would put my gut up against most anyone.

Good to know, hopefully it works out as it's a great space. The 2nd paragraph is definitely true about them caring more about district than $$. Heck, Nonna's was a testament to that and really just a place for Avis to get heavily involved in community affairs. If you know them personally this is like a lemonade stand compared to what they've got.

Blog Entries

Bricktown needs to brace itself for more restaurants. The Old Spaghetti Factory hopefully will fill that void. Looking forward to the day we can revive the Bricktown Entertainment District as it will be a focal point for improving 'quality of life' attractions to our city.

Really enjoy the Spaghetti Factory in Honolulu. We want to be there on opening night to get the managers special and satisfy our mizithra cheese fix.

Is this still being renovated?

Yes.

It's just all the work is inside and difficult to see.

Thread Information