Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Old Spaghetti Factory

Bricktown3 Old Spaghetti Factory

Oklahoman reporting the Old Spaghetti Factory will be taking over the old Nona's/West space in Bricktown and will be utilizing the old streetcar that was in the old Spaghetti Warehouse across the street.

https://oklahoman.com/article/565282...n-to-bricktown

Default Re: Old Spaghetti Factory

Is this under mickey mantles?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Oklahoman reporting the Old Spaghetti Factory will be taking over the old Nona's/West space in Bricktown and will be utilizing the old streetcar that was in the old Spaghetti Warehouse across the street.

https://oklahoman.com/article/565282...n-to-bricktown

Blog Entries

Same building, north of MM

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    Same building, north of MM
    not the same builidng there is an alley in between

Not super excited about the concept but happy something comes to this nice location. West was a bad fit and not great overall.
    Is Zios like ?

HangryHippo Guest

It's allegedly the restaurant Spaghetti Warehouse was based on.

Blog Entries

Bricktown3 Re: Old Spaghetti Factory

Excerpts from the Oklahoman, 01-20-2020:

The Bricktown Old Spaghetti Factory will include dining inside an old fashioned trolley car. [PROVIDED]

The Old Spaghetti Factory is set to open this summer at the former home of Nonna’s, at 1 S Mickey Mantle, across from the Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark.

Spaghetti Warehouse, however, was a copycat of The Old Spaghetti Factory, and while Spaghetti Warehouse has shuttered dozens of stores and is down to just a few locations, The Old Spaghetti Factory still is thriving and is set to open its 43rd location.

While the former Spaghetti Warehouse location continues to sit vacant, The Old Spaghetti Factory is set to open this summer at the former home of Nonna’s, at 1 S Mickey Mantle, across from the Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark.

Full story: https://oklahoman.com/article/565282...tm_term=012120

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    not the same builidng there is an alley in between
    Ooops, I stand corrected

I love going to O.S.F. when I go to Louisville. I like the option of casually walking in or making a reservation.

There used to be a Spaghetti Factory in Paseo district.

^The "Spaghetti Factory" restaurant that was located in the Paseo (where you made your own pizza) had no relation to "The Old Spaghetti Factory" chain of restaurants that began in Oregon in the late 60's. They're primarily a west coast chain. Beginning with their first location, they had a trolley car you could dine in.

"Spaghetti Warehouse" was a Texas copy of "The Old Spaghetti Factory" that opened in a warehouse in Dallas' West End in 1972. It also had a trolley car. I believe the one in Bricktown opened around December 1988. Remember, the West End was the whole inspiration for OKC developing Bricktown.

Interesting fact, the original "Spaghetti Warehouse" located in the West End closed a few months ago, after 47 years of business.

And one more thing...Pappadeaux was interested in the Nonna's space a few years ago, but she wanted to lease the property to a locally owned restaurant. That's how West wound up in the space, and I assume the reason the Pappas Bros purchased their land up north, which is now for sale (see other thread).
    Last edited by The Shadow; 01-22-2020 at 10:19 AM. Reason: additional info

What's really interesting is that this new restaurant decided not to take over the old Spaghetti Warehouse space, which was already built out and could easily be updated and adapted.

That Spaghetti Warehouse building is still completely empty and I've not heard of anything planned for there.

^ Seems like a no-brainer to me.

Construction estimate for this new space is $3 million and that does not include furniture, fixtures and equipment.

15. Default Re: Old Spaghetti Factory

Do you know if that is substantially less than it might have cost them to just use the original building instead of moving to the new one and having to move that streetcar?

The Tulsa SW location in the Brady district is also still vacant. Seems like they could go into both OKC and Tulsa and open up in those old locations.

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    Do you know if that is substantially less than it might have cost them to just use the original building instead of moving to the new one and having to move that streetcar?
    I do know the old space was in terrible condition, as I went in and took photos when they were conducting the auction.

I believe the repairs needed was the primary reason for closing down.

18. Default Re: Old Spaghetti Factory

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I do know the old space was in terrible condition, as I went in and took photos when they were conducting the auction.

I believe the repairs needed was the primary reason for closing down.
    Very good. Thanks!

Is it certain that it will be the same streetcar that the Spaghetti Warehouse had? I'm reading through the article and I can only find references to a streetcar and not a direct statement that it will be the same one.

Blog Entries

no idea, but the one from SW was an OKC car I believe so it would be more of a historical connection and kinda silly if they brought something manufactured for the purpose...

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    no idea, but the one from SW was an OKC car I believe so it would be more of a historical connection and kinda silly if they brought something manufactured for the purpose...
    I imagine the trolley from the OKC Spaghetti Warehouse was sold at the auction.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Hausfrau View Post
    There used to be a Spaghetti Factory in Paseo district.
    EM,
    The Paseo restaurant was owned by the former Sussy's owner, I believe his name is Jake Samara and he was the money and idea man that hired Jack Sussman to open the Sussy's pizza mini-chain. More than you wanted to know. I think it was open till Jake died.
    C. T.

Bricktown plans revealed for Old Spaghetti Factory

Building permits have been filed to convert the old Nonna's / West space into a 16,000 square foot Old Spaghetti Factory restaurant.

The prime location at the corner of Sheridan and Mickey Mantle Drive has been vacant since West closed its doors in November of 2017. Previously, Nona's and its owner Avis Scaramucci had completely renovated the 2-level space, and operated there until late 2014.

Now, the Italian-style chain has submitted plans that show a large eat-in vintage trolley car on the ground floor along with a bar and the main dining area. Upstairs will be another bar with access to the existing large outdoor patio, along with banquet halls.

First floor plan

Second floor plan

The move comes after the similar and long-running Spaghetti Warehouse closed its doors very nearby in Bricktown in early 2016.

The Old Spaghetti Factory is based in Portland, Oregon with 45 locations in the U.S. And Japan. Most of the restaurants are located in renovated warehouses.

The building permit shows a cost of $700,000, which does not include furniture, fixtures and equipment. Total investment is likely to be well over $1 million.

Work should start soon and take several months to complete.

Typical dining room

Typical bar

Existing upstairs patio

Existing upstairs space

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    The Tulsa SW location in the Brady district is also still vacant. Seems like they could go into both OKC and Tulsa and open up in those old locations.
    The Tulsa Spaghetti Warehouse is gone. It's currently a two story deep crater as part of the site for the new WPX Energy building.

The pictures looks really nice

Thread Information