Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Old Spaghetti Factory

1. Default Re: Old Spaghetti Factory

Signs are up, kitchen equipment moved in, hiring office being set up. TONS of trades inside, scurrying. It’s definitely still very much underway.

2. Default Re: Old Spaghetti Factory

would be nice if they could open before the NBA season. ..

OKC wont be on national tv (as scheduled) but there definitely will be patrons they could capitalize on and (again) bring life to the district.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Old Spaghetti Factory

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Hausfrau View Post
    There used to be a Spaghetti Factory in Paseo district.
    Definitely remember that establishment decades ago. The Original Spaghetti Factory. That venue is probably long gone...

Agree Hot Rod about opening before the NBA season. Bricktown doesn't seem to have as many restaurant options at it did when the New Orleans-Oklahoma City Hornets did their trial run in 2006.

Blog Entries

Got to visit the OSF in Louisville, KY two weekends ago and it was a really special building. I'm sure ours will have a completely different feel.

6. Default Re: Old Spaghetti Factory

Their official opening date is October 25th.

Too bad we no longer have a warehouse to store all the spaghetti we will be manufacturing. Seems like a missed opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Ross MacLochness View Post
    Too bad we no longer have a warehouse to store all the spaghetti we will be manufacturing. Seems like a missed opportunity.
    LMAO. That was pretty good.

Yeah, I have to admit I laughed pretty hard at that too.

Old Spaghetti Factory opens Monday

After months of extensive construction, the Old Spaghetti Factory is ready to open in the heart of Bricktown.

Doors open Monday, October 25th at 5 PM. Thereafter, hours will be Sunday through Thursday 11 AM to 9:30 PM, 11 AM to 10 PM Friday and Saturday.

The two-level space features a large dining area on the ground floor with a trolley car at the center. There is also a full bar.

A semi-circular large bar highlights the second floor, along with more dining, a large outdoor patio and several banquet rooms.

The patio offers skyline views and is heated with several outdoor televisions.

The opening should bring more families to Bricktown after the Spaghetti Warehouse closed several years ago.

This place is really nice on the inside and I bet it will draw a crowd.

Much was made about them purchasing and moving the old trolley car from the Spaghetti Warehouse, but that didn't happen for some reason. The Trolly you see was never a functional car.

Yeah, that is clearly a different trolley car. The one at Spaghetti Warehouse was big enough that you could walk into it, I can remember eating in it at least once.

14. Default Re: Old Spaghetti Factory

^^^^^^^^^^
    The trolley inside the former Spaghetti Warehouse location was indeed an actual decommissioned streetcar, though as I understand it not from OKC's line. Old Spaghetti Factory originated the idea; it's been pretty well-documented that SW actually completely ripped off OSF in every way (OSF was/is a family-owned company that refused to franchise to the SW founder).

Old Spaghetti Factory now puts smaller, reproduction cars into their locations because it is essentially impossible to make a real car ADA compliant. They stopped doing real cars years ago. Remember that the SW in Bricktown opened in 1989, before ADA was implemented.

I hope it succeeds and does well but from the pictures, it still looks like a concept from the '80s. Maybe it's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    I hope it succeeds and does well but from the pictures, it still looks like a concept from the '80s. Maybe it's just me.
    In person, it's pretty impressive.

They spent a ton of money in there.

You mean the 1880's, right? lol

That can be a good thing. Lotsa people who are nostalgic for the 1980s.

Went here for the first time this weekend for a birthday, the upstairs space was nice but good lord the service there sucked.
    Got our food before our salads before our drinks we ordered as soon as we sat down (probably at about the 40-50-60 minute markers respectively).
    I doubt I would go back but both walking in and walking out there were lines of people (looked like a lot of out-of-town Oklahomans) being told "1 hour wait" and going off to line the halls of the wait area.

On a positive note though it was CRAZY to me how poppin' Bricktown was at 9pm on a Saturday. We figured we could just wander over to the Bricktown putt-putt course after dinner and play a round but I bet the line had 60-70 people in it!
    It was really cool just to walk around and see Bricktown doing so well, even if it meant our large party had to go elsewhere because everything was so packed haha.

Quote Originally Posted by BridgeBurner View Post
    Went here for the first time this weekend for a birthday, the upstairs space was nice but good lord the service there sucked.
    Got our food before our salads before our drinks we ordered as soon as we sat down (probably at about the 40-50-60 minute markers respectively).
    I doubt I would go back but both walking in and walking out there were lines of people (looked like a lot of out-of-town Oklahomans) being told "1 hour wait" and going off to line the halls of the wait area.

On a positive note though it was CRAZY to me how poppin' Bricktown was at 9pm on a Saturday. We figured we could just wander over to the Bricktown putt-putt course after dinner and play a round but I bet the line had 60-70 people in it!
    It was really cool just to walk around and see Bricktown doing so well, even if it meant our large party had to go elsewhere because everything was so packed haha.
    That is my biggest pet peeve when going out to eat somewhere. Absolutely no excuse for that with today's restaurant prices. I expect to get my salad AND HAVE PLENTY OF TIME TO FINISH IT WITHOUT BEING RUSHED before they bring out the entree. Last time we ate at Bubbas they brought out our salads before the appetizer we ordered. And the server, not our waitress, just couldn't understand why that was a problem. I mean they are called STARTERS on the menu for a reason. Service like that will greatly effect the tip I leave.

21. Default Re: Old Spaghetti Factory

My girlfriend and I dined here last night and were not very impressed.

I was happy that they had Iron Monk's Milk Stout on the bar menu and the beer was cold and very tasty. We ordered the Sicilian Garlic Cheese Bread for an appetizer and it was very good. The bread was hot, buttery and had plenty of cheese.

We ordered the Spicy Spaghetti Vesuvius to share for our entree and it arrived cold before we had even been served our salad. The salad arrived and we ate it while they prepared a new entree, which arrived warm the second time but the noodles were overcooked. The sauce was spicy and fairly tasty but I would compare it to having the quality of Olive Garden. They redeemed themselves a little when they told us ice cream is included with dinner and they brought us both a cup. Mine was spumoni and it was very good. Overall, though, I doubt we go back any time soon.

Thread Information