Widgets Magazine

Thread: Yukon HS school zone

Default Yukon HS school zone

Is anyone else irritated by the school zone on Yukon Pkwy in front of the High School? I very rarely see anyone walking home from the HS, and almost never see anyone crossing Yukon Pkwy going towards the east. Why is there a school zone there? I did ask my city councilman about it and he said that at one time there was an Oklahoma City housing addition planned for the east side of Yukon Pkwy across from the High School and that's why there is a school zone there. I personally think it's a money trap for the City. Also, why is there a school zone on Garth Brooks for the Catholic private school, and not one for the Covenant School on Yukon Pkwy?

Default Re: Yukon HS school zone

Quote Originally Posted by Oklapatriot View Post
    Is anyone else irritated by the school zone on Yukon Pkwy in front of the High School? I very rarely see anyone walking home from the HS, and almost never see anyone crossing Yukon Pkwy going towards the east. Why is there a school zone there? I did ask my city councilman about it and he said that at one time there was an Oklahoma City housing addition planned for the east side of Yukon Pkwy across from the High School and that's why there is a school zone there. I personally think it's a money trap for the City. Also, why is there a school zone on Garth Brooks for the Catholic private school, and not one for the Covenant School on Yukon Pkwy?
    You serious Clark?

Thread Information