Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vacation Suggestions

Default Re: Vacation Suggestions

Santa Fe -- it is right at 8 hours. We drive there twice per year generally, once by ourselves then the other time over Thanksgiving with our three kids. We love it out there. Santa Fe has excellent restaurants, museums, art exhibits, and great little shops to peruse through by foot. We always stay there downtown at the Plaza area as you can just park your car and walk pretty much the whole time you're there. There are several churches you can go into and check out that have been there for centuries. If you want to see some beautiful Rocky Mountain scenery, you can drive the high road to taos and take in some breathtakingly sweeping views. We will generally drive out there on a Thursday, spend Friday and Saturday there, then drive home on Sunday. Amarillo is right there at the four-hour mark halfway and has lots of places to stretch your legs and eat lunch on the way out there and on the way back.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    Definetely looking for something kid friendly. We like the outdoors. Like being around water (lake or ocean). We like museums or other historical stuff as well.

A couple of people mentioned ABQ and Santa Fe. I'm interested in that, is there anything specific worth mentioning?
    with what you listed I would suggest bentonville ark.. yes Bentonville. great trails for walking and riding bikes as well as great museum that is free. check it out. I usually go up at least once a year.

^ I agree, Northwest Arkansas is a great weekend vacation spot. Base yourself in Fayetteville which has a nice downtown area. You can take easy hikes in the surrounding hills, Devils Den state park is also a good nearby spot to check out. And day trip to Bentonville to see the Crystal Bridges and walk around their downtown square. Mountain biking, if you're into that, is some of the best in this part of the country.

I hear where your coming from Zuplar. Not everybody wants to pub crawl and dine out for their Vacation. Arkansas has a lot to offer for outdoorsy family fun. Eureka Springs is fun. But, if driving a BUNCH of curves makes anyone car sick, be aware. If you enjoy the driving as much as the destination, western Arkansas is great.
    Southeastern Missouri is a fun place. The Table Rock Lake area is gorgeous. Your Child is a bit young for Silver Dollar City, so save that for the future.

5. Default Re: Vacation Suggestions

I'll throw a few different ones out there but would second several of what have been said.

Branson, MO - and by extension you get Springfield and Bentonville, AR.

Colorado Springs is still in a day's drive. Lots to do, even with littles.

Really New Orleans is within a day too. Really you can do kid things there and in the surrounding towns.

I just went to Santa Fe this past weekend and forgot how great it is. Went to Meow Wolf for the first time. It was interesting, and everyone, including kids, seemed to be having a great time. The whole town is pretty friendly and there are just great places to peruse. For some reason, I always end up in Santa Fe during the winter, so I'm not sure if it's much different during the warmer months.

Thread Information