Widgets Magazine

Thread: McDonald's Remodel Outlet shoppes

Default McDonald's Remodel Outlet shoppes

Went to the Mcdonalds on Council and Reno. Signs everywhere saying they were closing. I ask them for how long they said about 3 months . I than heard they were doing a complete remodel. Anyone heard or seen any plans for exactly what they will be doing. Hopefully it won't be ugly like the one on Meridian and I-40. That grey color is just awful.

Default Re: McDonald's Remodel Outlet shoppes

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    Went to the Mcdonalds on Council and Reno. Signs everywhere saying they were closing. I ask them for how long they said about 3 months . I than heard they were doing a complete remodel. Anyone heard or seen any plans for exactly what they will be doing. Hopefully it won't be ugly like the one on Meridian and I-40. That grey color is just awful.
    It seems like many of the ones they have remodeled in the last few years have questionable design ideas and are done with materials that are not durable enough for a public restaurant, then are in way worse condition than what they replaced in a couple years.

3. Default Re: McDonald's Remodel Outlet shoppes

Years ago I worked for Denny's and our remodel was almost all white and bright. White paint everywhere got dirty real fast and impossible to keep clean.

No matter how much sugar you pour on it, it's still McDonalds.

I love McDonalds!

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I love McDonalds!
    Most of the McDonald's remodels in the last five (?) years have been into this horrible, quasi-urban 60's throwback orange and gray nightmares that don't even look fit to house a public library, let alone a fast-food burger joint. I agree they're ugly as sin, as are most of these often almost monochromatic "urban refreshes." They look flimsy, fragile, and cheap. Maybe that's on purpose.

Then again, I'm of an age where I remember the classic white and red tile buildings with the literal golden arches constructed into the building, or even their successors that had a degree of style and nuance to them into the 70's and 80's. The current generation is just ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    Most of the McDonald's remodels in the last five (?) years have been into this horrible, quasi-urban 60's throwback orange and gray nightmares that don't even look fit to house a public library, let alone a fast-food burger joint. I agree they're ugly as sin, as are most of these often almost monochromatic "urban refreshes." They look flimsy, fragile, and cheap. Maybe that's on purpose.

Then again, I'm of an age where I remember the classic white and red tile buildings with the literal golden arches constructed into the building, or even their successors that had a degree of style and nuance to them into the 70's and 80's. The current generation is just ugly.
    The current fast food building design trends really are awful.

HangryHippo Guest

I really dislike the new Chick-fil-A interiors, but the new drive-throughs are great.

i can't think of the last time i've been *inside* a fast food establishment...

I've heard the new designs of fast food restaurants referred to as McCentury Modern.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    I've heard the new designs of fast food restaurants referred to as McCentury Modern.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Swanky View Post
    The current fast food building design trends really are awful.
    The New Wendy's are not bad. A little small but nice looking from the outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Martin,
    Mid to late 70's for me. Not because I'm a food snob but they never could seem to get my order right so I quit going to them.
    C. T.

Judging by how busy the drive-throughs are, I guess we're weird, we never go through the drive-through unless it's a dire emergency. But then again, we never eat in our cars and if we're taking it home, the fries (or something) are always cold by the time we get home/work (unless they're from Wendy's, which is only about 7 blocks away).

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Judging by how busy the drive-throughs are, I guess we're weird, we never go through the drive-through unless it's a dire emergency. But then again, we never eat in our cars and if we're taking it home, the fries (or something) are always cold by the time we get home/work (unless they're from Wendy's, which is only about 7 blocks away).
    yeah... sometimes it seems as if just going inside is faster at some places. i haven't tried that in forever, but when i did, it seemed that places put priority on the drive-thru customers and so i'd be stuck inside waiting behind those orders.

it's typically just me whenever i get fast food... in those situations i'd rather eat at the office than eat solo on-site, cold fries and all. the *worst* for that is whataburger... the fries are pretty decent when you first get them but by the time you get them transported, they're well into "meh" territory.

yeah... sometimes it seems as if just going inside is faster at some places. i haven't tried that in forever, but when i did, it seemed that places put priority on the drive-thru customers and so i'd be stuck inside waiting behind those orders....
    Yeah, seems that way to us too sometimes, but we just don't eat fast food enough for it to matter (once a week on our way to the grocery store so we don't overfill our cart with "Man, I'm hungry, that looks good" stuff, and very, very occasionally on weekends, and we each bring frozen stuff for lunch to work with us). The balance does seem to have gotten better recently for some reason, we get our orders in a pretty timely fashion nowadays, but you're right, wasn't the case years ago...

yeah... sometimes it seems as if just going inside is faster at some places. i haven't tried that in forever, but when i did, it seemed that places put priority on the drive-thru customers and so i'd be stuck inside waiting behind those orders.
    It depends a lot on the restaurant, but your observation is absolutely correct - most fast food joints do prioritize drive-thru over in-store. It's been just around a decade now since I worked for them, but when I was a manager for Arby's, we did have time goals for orders. In-store orders were expected to be completed in no more than 2 minutes and 30 seconds, from the moment the order was finalized to when it was ready for the customer. Drive-thru, on the other hand, was 90 seconds. I know some restaurants have even tighter goals; at one point, McDonalds had a 65-second DT target, according to friends that worked there. But priority does depend a lot on the restaurant. At Arby's, there was only one "make line" in the kitchen, so we tried as much as possible to make orders in first-in-first-out order, with priority on the orders that were on screen the longest. I know some stores that did less in-store business would put first priority on DT orders in the kitchen. Also, some restaurants have two make lines - Taco Bell immediately comes to mind. During lunch and dinner rush at an adequately staffed store, one line is dedicated to drive-thru orders and the other is dedicated to in-store orders.

18. Default Re: McDonald's Remodel Outlet shoppes

the most obvious one for me is Del Taco. When you eat in store (Edmond location) it can be 15 min sometimes to get food I kid you not. Meanwhile the drive thru is churning and burning. Oh and they only operate 1 food prep line, even though they have 2 available.

Quote Originally Posted by worthy cook View Post
    the most obvious one for me is Del Taco. When you eat in store (Edmond location) it can be 15 min sometimes to get food I kid you not. Meanwhile the drive thru is churning and burning. Oh and they only operate 1 food prep line, even though they have 2 available.
    Wow, not sure that even qualifies as "fast" food. We usually get our food at f-f places in 5 min or less (McD, Taco Bueno, City Bites, ...). We've eaten at Del Taco once, and won't again.

Anyone have the plans for this store. They are digging a deep deep hole. Surly they won't be putting in a basement. That area floods really bad are they maybe creating some kind of drainage?

Thread Information