Widgets Magazine

Thread: Shuffle Ride Share in OKC

1. Default Shuffle Ride Share in OKC

Last night a large group of us were at the Bricktown Charleston's for dinner and then a small concert in Film Row.

Instead of packing into just a couple of cars, some of us opted to hail a SHUFFLE - the newest ride share to service downtown OKC.

1/10/2020: KWTV: Shuffle Ride Share Service Coming to OKC Metro

Downloaded their app while we finished dinner and setup an account - all in about 5 minutes.

It's different from an UBER in several ways.
    1. You usually pre-purchase rides at the set rate of $3 per ride, per passenger. You then store those purchased rides in the apps 'wallet.' (you can pay with a credit card straight to the driver)
    2.) You hail a SHUFFLE the same as an UBER/LYFT, but there are just far fewer to choose from.
    3.) It's truly ride share. If there's room you may pick up additional passengers in route.
    4.) They only service a limited area in downtown (Film Row, Heritage Hills, Midtown, Bricktown, etc.). App has a map. They also service Norman (where they started).
    5.) Right now they only run Thurs, Fri and Sat. 6pm - 10-11pm-ish (later if it's busy).
    6.) It's an all electrical vehicle. Holds 5 (I think). No frills. It's basically a very fancy golf cart.
    7.) Very distinct look to the vehicle. So, no wondering if that's really your Uber or a serial killer.

Only Cons We Experienced:
    1.) App said the driver had arrived when the app's map clearly showed him 4 minutes away.
    2.) App cancelled our hail 2 minutes before it arrived. Driver assumed it was a glitch and showed up anyway. If you get cancelled, just hail again. It doesn't charge you until the driver scans your app. screen.

Once I hailed the SHUFFLE I could watch it on the app as it approached (like UBER/LYFT). I only saw one on the map, so that may have been all that was running. Driver said it was really slow because nobody knew about them yet. Arrived quickly, right in front of Charleston's. Driver was really friendly. 4 of us piled in and headed to Paramount.

I liked the concept and it was easy to use and very roomy inside. Great for short 'Shuffling' around downtown. And honestly, much nicer than our luck recently with Uber/Lyft. One of the couples meeting us for dinner refused to use the Lyft that came to get them because it smelled like smoke inside the car and it was dirty.

All-in-all I'd definitely use this service when downtown and the need arises.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2171.JPG 
Views:	108 
Size:	13.63 MB 
ID:	15752

Default Re: Shuffle Ride Share in OKC

Very interesting.

Thanks for sharing.

$3/ride? What a steal.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    $3/ride? What a steal.
    Cheaper for one or maybe a couple...not so much for 4. Using Brian's trip, Uber quoted me $7.17 for Uberx up to four people. 4 times $3 is $12. Of course, you have to watch out for the surge pricing. Both are good economical options though

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    Cheaper for one or maybe a couple...not so much for 4. Using Brian's trip, Uber quoted me $7.17 for Uberx up to four people. 4 times $3 is $12. Of course, you have to watch out for the surge pricing. Both are good economical options though
    I think the times that uber/lyft surge is when Shuffle will really show its value. If you're downtown after a Thunder game or concert, it can cost an arm and a leg to get out of the area. With this option I believe it's always just $3.

6. Default Re: Shuffle Ride Share in OKC

Received a notice to my phone yesterday that starting today (Tues. 2/18/2020) Shuffle will be trying out lunch service hours in downtown OKC!

I had literally just mentioned I wish they'd do this last week in another thread (parking or street car discussion).

I hope they get the word out and market this - surprised I'm not seeing any social media marketing for this ride share. I'd definitely take a Shuffle at lunchtime to places like Charleston's or Hacidena to avoid any parking issues.

I wonder if they could partner with any local eateries that would run promos to discount a meal X-dollars ($1-$2) or provide a free drink/appetizer/dessert if they show they took the Shuffle to their establishment?

Regardless, gonna give it a try and I hope others do too!

Thread Information