Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jerry's Artarama (formerly Pier 1)

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pier 1

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2021-09-22 121837.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	22.5 KB 
ID:	17110

On the plus side, get your diamonds and your deals in one stop

Quote Originally Posted by Colbafone View Post
    There's already a Dollar Tree on 63rd and May and another on 23rd and Penn. There's no need for one here. And those other two fit better within their confines. This building, being standalone, I feel like it has a lot more potential than just a Dollar Tree. I feel like this is just Gamble accepting the first thing he could get, after it sat vacant for the past year or so.
    Of course this is a bit disappointing because it isnt something new and sexy, especially considering its across from our premier mall, but who are you to say there is no need for one here? This could be the best performing store compared to the other two nearby Dollar Trees you mentioned. Long story short, let the market work it out because your sole opinion doesnt mean much at all.

This is like Edmond NIMBYs fighting a proposed fast food place saying Edmond doesnt need anymore fast food places and then when it opens it has a line around the building at lunch and dinner.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Colbafone View Post
    There's already a Dollar Tree on 63rd and May and another on 23rd and Penn. There's no need for one here. And those other two fit better within their confines. This building, being standalone, I feel like it has a lot more potential than just a Dollar Tree. I feel like this is just Gamble accepting the first thing he could get, after it sat vacant for the past year or so.
    Or they took what they could get unless they wanted it to sit empty and keep costing them money, or at least a loss of potential income.

Obviously DT thinks they can get plenty of traffic at this store.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    Of course this is a bit disappointing because it isnt something new and sexy, especially considering its across from our premier mall, but who are you to say there is no need for one here? This could be the best performing store compared to the other two nearby Dollar Trees you mentioned. Long story short, let the market work it out because your sole opinion doesnt mean much at all.

This is like Edmond NIMBYs fighting a proposed fast food place saying Edmond doesnt need anymore fast food places and then when it opens it has a line around the building at lunch and dinner.
    Or tattoo parlors in MidTown.

Almost a year later and I noticed within the last couple weeks a tractor-trailer backed up the south side of the building being unloaded. Now there are cars in front daily. Still a "For Lease" banner on the same south side, however.

Just drove by and they have temporary banners for “Spirit Halloween”.

Did OKCTalk shut the Dollar Tree down????

Really though, about 10 years from now, I'd love to see the people at Oak get ahold of all the retail land on this plot between Expressway and Belleview and incorporate it into what they're doing now, the more temporary the tenant, the better.

I noticed this morning that the for lease sign was gone and there were some work trucks parked out front.

Quote Originally Posted by dheinz44 View Post
    I noticed this morning that the for lease sign was gone and there were some work trucks parked out front.
    The only permit was for Dollar Tree some time ago, so perhaps it is now moving forward.

New sign went up at this location for “Jerry’s Artarama.” I believe this is Oklahoma’s first location. They also have locations in 10 other states. Anybody ever been to one and have a comparison?

"Jerry’s Artarama" looks pretty promising. Thier website lists about 18 locations and according to Google reviews, nearly all of them have over a 4.5 rating.

Quote Originally Posted by dheinz44 View Post
    New sign went up at this location for “Jerry’s Artarama.” I believe this is Oklahoma’s first location. They also have locations in 10 other states. Anybody ever been to one and have a comparison?
    The sign is horrible and cheap looking.

Better than a dollar store!

I miss Pier 1 -- really liked that place.

Haven't seen the sign, but what it sounds like is that it's not necessarily in line with what is being built over there at Oak.

Quote Originally Posted by MagzOK View Post
    Haven't seen the sign, but what it sounds like is that it's not necessarily in line with what is being built over there at Oak.
    Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    Huh?
    KSearls commented on how horrible and cheap looking the sign looked which is nothing at all how Oak will be.

Default Re: Jerry's Artarama (formerly Pier 1)

This is actually a great get. Been to the one in Austin and as others have said, glad it’s not a dollar store.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ksearls View Post
    The sign is horrible and cheap looking.
    Looking at pics of their other locations I’m betting this is just a temporary sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Looking at pics of their other locations IÂ’m betting this is just a temporary sign.
    Frankly that entire section of Penn is trashy looking. I grew up and lived in Belle Isle for a long time and I never understood why that strip center has never been updated. Their seasonal decor is ugly, cheap poll banners and the changeable letter sign is bad. Now the dispensary there is setting up flags and sidewalk signs. It wouldn't take much to upgrade that strip. Hopefully with Oak they will.

And don't even get me started on the weed filled concrete median at the Penn/Belleview entrance to Penn Square!

Quote Originally Posted by ksearls View Post
    Frankly that entire section of Penn is trashy looking. I grew up and lived in Belle Isle for a long time and I never understood why that strip center has never been updated. Their seasonal decor is ugly, cheap poll banners and the changeable letter sign is bad. Now the dispensary there is setting up flags and sidewalk signs. It wouldn't take much to upgrade that strip. Hopefully with Oak they will.

And don't even get me started on the weed filled concrete median at the Penn/Belleview entrance to Penn Square!
    I agree! I recently moved back to OKC after being away for 23 years. I purchased a condo at the Hemingway and am shocked by the trash, weeds, unkept ODOT right of ways (I44) and the homeless situation. Going further North, the medians are deplorable and sets a bad precedent. I am hoping with the OAK development, this will be a catalyst for this whole area!

ALL the medians and right-of-way are in this condition and always have been.

The City and ODOT have never done anything other than once a month drag a mowing unit across the grassy areas and shred all the trash into tiny pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ALL the medians and right-of-way are in this condition and always have been.

The City and ODOT have never done anything other than once a month drag a mowing unit across the grassy areas and shred all the trash into tiny pieces.
    Is this the standard for OKC? It really shows a complacency and laziness. Being in Ward 2 we recently had our council person at our HOA meeting, he agreed but it looks like this is a problem with both the city and the State.

Quote Originally Posted by progressiveboy View Post
    Is this the standard for OKC? It really shows a complacency and laziness. Being in Ward 2 we recently had our council person at our HOA meeting, he agreed but it looks like this is a problem with both the city and the State.
    Yes, always has been.

It's not laziness it's money. Money has never been budgeted for this type of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Yes, always has been.

It's not laziness it's money. Money has never been budgeted for this type of thing.
    Hopefully, this will change where money can be allocated for this type of thing?

Thread Information