Widgets Magazine

Thread: Skydance Brewing

Auto Alley Skydance Brewing

Just announced they are building at 1 NE 7th Street and opening this fall.
    https://www.facebook.com/SkydanceBre...4234442269639/

2. Default Re: Skydance Brewing

Yep, they’ll be located directly north of The Parlor parking lot off 7th.

Default Re: Skydance Brewing

They open tomorrow (Saturday); had a soft open last night. Hours are 11 AM to Midnight every day.

This has to be the nicest brewery in town and along with City + State and The Parlor, have created a nice triad of places to visit in close proximity.

The middle space in this complex is reserved for a future restaurant (will share the patio with Skydance), and the two-story section will be the offices for CORD Construction.

Wow what a space, that's going to be an immediate addition to most peoples brewery nights.

Between 8th Street Marketplace (home to Prairie Ales and Magasin Table), Skydance Brewery, The Parlor, Eote Coffee, and City + State, within a small area you have some of the best urban redevelopment you'll see anywhere.

All spent a ton of money to do things right and all are gorgeous spaces.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Between 8th Street Marketplace (home to Prairie Ales and Magasin Table), Skydance Brewery, The Parlor, Eote Coffee, and City + State, within a small area you have some of the best urban redevelopment you'll see anywhere.

All spent a ton of money to do things right and all are gorgeous spaces.
    i wish 8th street would find a tenant for their other restaurant space ...

they had diamond dogs looking at it a few years ago ..

It seems like micro breweries have exploded in the last few years. Are there really that many people that are into beer?

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    It seems like micro breweries have exploded in the last few years. Are there really that many people that are into beer?
    yes and keep in mind we (as a state and city) were way way behind the curve on local breweries ..

By my count, OKC now has 25 open breweries and many more planned.

That's quite an explosion in just a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    By my count, OKC now has 25 open breweries and many more planned.

That's quite an explosion in just a few years.
    And about a dozen of them are clustered together close enough to walk between right in the downtown area. It's really remarkable

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    yes and keep in mind we (as a state and city) were way way behind the curve on local breweries ..
    Was there something that changed with the law where we couldn't have them before? I guess I'm having a hard time understanding why there was all these beer drinkers here before and no one was doing this previously.

I'm not into beer at all, but I really like seeing small businesses succeed and seems like a lot of these craft-breweries are small operations.

12. Default Re: Skydance Brewing

Quote Originally Posted by 3nglnd View Post
    And about a dozen of them are clustered together close enough to walk between right in the downtown area. It's really remarkable
    If you factor in the streetcar they are definitely beyond walkable.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    Really? OKC has one of the best brewery scenes in the country. I travel and lot and always go to breweries in different cities. While I'm more familiar with OKC's brewery scene, I find it far more robust than metros. Per capita, OKC's brewery scene blows away DFW, for example. What metro has 30 local brewery locations per 1.4 million people?

You can find all the metro breweries on Beerhop OKC: https://www.beerhopokc.com/okc-metro-area-1.

Blog Entries

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2021-10-01 120905.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	12.1 KB 
ID:	17124

https://www.10best.com/awards/travel/best-beer-scene/

Not attesting to the veracity of this, but according to USA Today we're not in the top ten

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Really? OKC has one of the best brewery scenes in the country. I travel and lot and always go to breweries in different cities. While I'm more familiar with OKC's brewery scene, I find it far more robust than metros. Per capita, OKC's brewery scene blows away DFW, for example. What metro has 30 local brewery locations per 1.4 million people?

You can find all the metro breweries on Beerhop OKC: https://www.beerhopokc.com/okc-metro-area-1.
    and 10 years ago ???

Literally every single time something good is posted, it gets dragged into a debate of weather it's needed or where we are as a city.

OKC is not a top city for craft beer, but they are growing at a massive rate. We have some very respected breweries in OKC and OK for that matter, given the restraints that the industry had for a long time, we are in a great spot.

17. Default Re: Skydance Brewing

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2021-10-01 120905.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	12.1 KB 
ID:	17124

https://www.10best.com/awards/travel/best-beer-scene/

Not attesting to the veracity of this, but according to USA Today we're not in the top ten
    One of the interesting things I spot when looking at that is that there are several cities (St Louis, Milwaukee, Denver) that have been major brewery factory towns for generations (well, in Denver's case a suburb in Golden), so I'm not surprised to see that they are leading craft brewery cities. Also in some cases a number of the craft breweries in those towns might be propped up by the existing neighboring megabrewery, as it has become a prominent business model for AB/Inbev and Coors to put venture capital into startup breweries so that they can profit from the trend themselves or even ultimately quietly gain full control. From the "if you can't beat them, join them" school of business.

There are also some in there like Asheville that are funky towns with significant tourism, which is place craft brewers can thrive.

So, I don't know where we rate next to those cities, but I do agree with Dan - and based upon my own travels also - that in a very short period of time OKC has gained a VERY respectable stable of brewers, and I also think it is relatively unusual how compact and walkable much of the grouping is.

Really impressed with Skydance Brewimg set up. Nice indoor and outdoor spaces. Once they add vines to the outdoor beams it’ll be even better with shade.

Wow - looks stunning inside! Hopefully we'll feel comfortable to fully enjoy indoor dining one day.

And to those asking if there's really a demand for these many taprooms - pre-COVID literally anytime I went to Prairie, Elk Valley, Scotsman, VH, wherever - every place was packed. Even on a random Wednesday night, these taprooms are packed. It's pretty awesome to see.

Certainly biased because I live here but OKC craft breweries do blow a lot of other large metro area brewery scenes out of the water.
    Prairie, Stonecloud, and Roughtail all consistently make better beer than anywhere in Dallas or Houston though they do have some larger/cooler brewery venues like Deep Ellum or St. Arnolds.
    Went here and Factory Obscura on Sunday (though I not sure what was "new" about Factory Obscura, think it was all the same exhibits from last year) and it made for a great day with tons of other things walkable in the area.
    Buildout here was super nice, lots of leather and wood and glass everywhere- wish I could have stayed for more than one beer but I will definitely be back.

There are also a bunch of these breweries that are just great spaces.

I particularly like Stonecloud, Twisted Spike, Angry Scotsman, Big Friendly and now Skydance.

Crosstimbers on Linwood should be opening soon and it will be another great addition.

The Brewery boom has also made for great tenants in a lot of these newish redevelopment projects.

Really looking forward to what Coop does with the Armory.

Fair Weather Friends also has great beer and I'm sure the space will only get better when the full Beer City stuff moves in.
    Still need to get down to wheeler and try Big Friendly but I am definitely excited to spend some afternoons eating Edge Craft and drinking at Crosstimbers when that opens haha.
    Oklahoma's brewery scene is great with a lot of friendly people, it is always something I push if I know someone who is coming to visit.

What is the latest on the Coop armory? Have a buddy who moved out of state that keeps bugging me about it, wanting to come back for a visit and stay in the hotel there.

I am a big fan of OK Cider Co. They are really doing some great stuff

Thread Information