Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spin City Laundry

Default Re: Spin City Laundry

Is steel required for a single story structure like this ?

Seems like a no brainer to add like 2-4 2nd story apartments in this location. Could easily rent out for minimum $800+ depending on size...

Spin City is planning another location at 4702 NW 23rd.

This is on the south side of 23rd across from Windsor Hills Shopping Center. Vacant lot directly east of Morelos.

30th & Classen:

4. Default Re: Spin City Laundry

Not that I would want to go back to those days but when my first witch, uh I mean wife, and I got married we went to a laundromat on about 19th & Meridian. I actually enjoyed the time to read while the clothes were washing/drying. And we became friendly with some other regulars like my current wife and I do now at our favorite bar/grills.

When I first moved to California, I had an apartment right by the beach that didn't have a W/D.

A routine developed where early Sunday morning I'd take my week's worth of laundry to a nearby laundromat, shove it in about 3 washers, drive down another block to the self-service car wash, wash my car (an Acura Integra that may be my all-time favorite), drive it back, towel it off real quick, go toss my laundry into the dryers (which were so big they only took about 15 minutes to dry), go back out and finish the car detailing, come back in and fold my laundry, and then take it all home.

I could do 3 loads and detail my car all in under an hour then have the entire Sunday free while being ready for work early the next day.

7. Default Re: Spin City Laundry

I liked it better when it was a spooky nightclub inside an abandoned church building.

8. Default Re: Spin City Laundry

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    When I first moved to California, I had an apartment right by the beach that didn't have a W/D.

A routine developed where early Sunday morning I'd take my week's worth of laundry to a nearby laundromat, shove it in about 3 washers, drive down another block to the self-service car wash, wash my car (an Acura Integra that may be my all-time favorite), drive it back, towel it off real quick, go toss my laundry into the dryers (which were so big they only took about 15 minutes to dry), go back out and finish the car detailing, come back in and fold my laundry, and then take it all home.

I could do 3 loads and detail my car all in under an hour then have the entire Sunday free while being ready for work early the next day.
    Pete, my first car when I was fresh out of college in 1990 was a white 1990 Acura Integra 2-door coupe. I absolutely LOVED that car...sunroof, hatchback, a 5-speed manual, and just a LOT of fun to drive. I wish I still owned it!

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Pete, my first car when I was fresh out of college in 1990 was a white 1990 Acura Integra 2-door coupe. I absolutely LOVED that car...sunroof, hatchback, a 5-speed manual, and just a LOT of fun to drive. I wish I still owned it!
    Mine was a 1992 red GS 5-speed.

I loved that car.

10. Default Re: Spin City Laundry

My first car was the versatile, sporty Honda CRX Si, no doubt. I was still in college when I got it in 1993 (in Seattle). THAT was a fun car that I could load with seemly much more than you'd think would fit.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The building turned out great but that is a ridiculous amount of parking. I thought the Asian District is an urban design district. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    I liked it better when it was a spooky nightclub inside an abandoned church building.
    Ah, coincidental memories.... Went to Ministry at the Diamond last week (30th-ish anniversary of the tour I originally saw them on in 1990 at Cain's), remember dancing to them (and Front 242, Front Line Assembly, Skinny Puppy, et al) at that club (then going to Girlie Pancake House around dawn after closing time).

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    The building turned out great but that is a ridiculous amount of parking. I thought the Asian District is an urban design district. Right?
    Yea it is a giant parking lot but since these guys designed their building properly it isn't a big deal. You can see from the photo how easily a future building plugs in where that parking lot is if/when it is needed. If this was built in the middle of the property with a massive setback for parking or if the front of the building faced the parking lot then the entire lot would be permanently ruined (I'm looking at you Primrose.)

14. Default Re: Spin City Laundry

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Ah, coincidental memories.... Went to Ministry at the Diamond last week (30th-ish anniversary of the tour I originally saw them on in 1990 at Cain's), remember dancing to them (and Front 242, Front Line Assembly, Skinny Puppy, et al) at that club (then going to Girlie Pancake House around dawn after closing time).
    Def a few good shows through there, though I missed the Bowery II years, when it surely was far better. The church (Pandaemonium at the time) hosted the only time I ever saw Violent Femmes, so that was a high point for me. Also met my (now ex) wife there one night...not sure if that makes it a high point or a low point!

Thread Information