Widgets Magazine

Thread: Bojangles'

Default Bojangles'

Anybody who has frequented rhe Southeastern states should be familiar with this chicken.

Bojangles’ expanding to Oklahoma as part of partnership with Love’s Travel Stops | KFOR.com
    https://kfor.com/2019/12/18/bojangle...-travel-stops/

Default Re: Bojangles'

Oh, yay! More chicken! Hopefully it'll do better than the last southeastern chicken chain (Zaxby's) that came here.

This is for sure worth it if they're going to be carrying Cheerwine. The only place I know of here that currently sells it is Pops.

They will give Popeyes a run for it money love there cajon chicken, cinnamon and blueberry biscuits sweet potato turnover pies and there season fries. My only question is what took so long. They should have gotten to Oklahoma before Zaby. They also serve breakfast.

I tried Bojangle’s when I was in North Carolina after hearing the hype... it was probably one of the worst meals Ive ever had. Could’ve just been a bad moment, but nothing from service to food was even decent. I’m sure it can’t be as bad as my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    I tried Bojangle’s when I was in North Carolina after hearing the hype... it was probably one of the worst meals Ive ever had. Could’ve just been a bad moment, but nothing from service to food was even decent. I’m sure it can’t be as bad as my experience.

Live in NC Bojangles is not very good at all. At least not here

I had it at an airport, and was hoping it was bad just cause I was at an airport. Never stops me from goign to shake shack at dfw though.

I had it a couple of times when I lived in Alabama. It was not great, though, I HIGHLY recommend their bo-berry biscuit.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    This is for sure worth it if they're going to be carrying Cheerwine. The only place I know of here that currently sells it is Pops.
    Uptown on Britton/May carries it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Uptown on Britton/May carries it.
    Ooh thanks for the heads up on that. Greatly appreciated!

Bojangles Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Same here. I had Bojangles in Atlanta and it was easily one of the worst things I've ever eaten. I've never gone back.

Just came back from flight in Atlanta and I stop at Bojangles and it was very good.

Quote Originally Posted by king183 View Post
    Same here. I had Bojangles in Atlanta and it was easily one of the worst things I've ever eaten. I've never gone back.
    Wait. I have to edit this and make an official apology to Bojangles. It wasn't Bojangles that I had in Atlanta that was the worst thing I've ever eaten--it was a Popeye's. Not sure how I didn't remember that, as the bad experience is seared into the depths of my soul.

I did eat at a Bojangles in Atlanta and it was fine--just like every other fast food chicken place.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    Was at Homeland on 18th/Classen this weekend and noticed they carry it too (both reg and diet), so that's closer than Uptown.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Was at Homeland on 18th/Classen this weekend and noticed they carry it too (both reg and diet), so that's closer than Uptown.
    Cheerwine announced some time back that there were going national by 2020. Glad to see this actually happened! I'll go grab some later.

I always confused Bojangles and Mrs. Winner's over the years; we visited both places when traveling in the South. I'm a little surprised neither made it to Oklahoma until now.

This doesn't seem like it would taste any worse or better than the "truck stop chicken" that Loves currently offers. Probably comparable to chester's chicken, It comes frozen and Loves workers put it in a fryer.

Thread Information