Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bar K

Default Re: Bar K

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    How often is the riversport rapids water dyed? The photos from May 1 contrasted to the most recent, it looks like it browns pretty quick lol.
    “A few” times per year. Really just depends on what events are going on and how brown it gets. The water is very clean but dirt just blows in and settles on the bottom. It get cleaned each year but you can’t completely drain the channel as there is a risk the concrete can float. The churning of the rapids obviously make the dirt settled on the bottom look like chocolate gravy.

Blog Entries

https://tweetdeck.twitter.com/davidf...367873/photo/1

(not sure I've seen the water that blue)

HangryHippo Guest

That’s such a lazy design. It looks like a Boathouse District storage barn.

Quote Originally Posted by HangryHippo View Post
    That’s such a lazy design. It looks like a Boathouse District storage barn.
    For real. Probably best to wait until its done but our boat house district has such awesome unique architecture and they build this down there? Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by jccouger View Post
    For real. Probably best to wait until its done but our boat house district has such awesome unique architecture and they build this down there? Sad.
    Yeah, how did that even get approved in the Boat House District? Do they not do architectural review? And it got TIF funding.

It is a ****ing dog park ladies and gentlemen it is not the Louvre.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by citywokchinesefood View Post
    It is a ****ing dog park ladies and gentlemen it is not the Louvre.
    What a great reply. The other buildings hold boats, they are not the Louvre. Why was so much spent making those look good?

My cousin from the sticks said the stall on the far right of the picture is where the pups to be bred are dropped off

Also, one of my relatives from near Saskatchewan built a shed like this with a concrete floor.then built framing/sheetrock,etc...like a normal floor plan of a 3 bed/1bath ...just inside a shed like above

I'll be sure to check out bark when a hailstorm is forecast next spring

This place looks like it manufactures oil and gas valves at the Port of Catoosa.

They told me no opening date has been set, but they are hiring and getting very close.

HangryHippo Guest

Ought to change the name to BarN. I’m still surprised we got the sheet metal building compared to what St. Louis got. Also, that turf is gonna get hot with no shade, no?

I do hope it brings more life and patrons to that area.

Are they using that little concrete inlet on the river for anything?

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    Are they using that little concrete inlet on the river for anything?
    Yes, for a dog swimming area.

Okay just now seeing this on the PC instead of the phone. And my eyes were not deceiving me. Why is the turf so random? I understand the advertisement spaces, but everything else seems misaligned? It almost looks like they are recycling a high school's old turf?

Also, I agree about shade structures, hopefully they at least include some canvas canopies and maybe even misters. This place will roast after May.

Okay just now seeing this on the PC instead of the phone. And my eyes were not deceiving me. Why is the turf so random? I understand the advertisement spaces, but everything else seems misaligned? It almost looks like they are recycling a high school's old turf?

Also, I agree about shade structures, hopefully they at least include some canvas canopies and maybe even misters. This place will roast after May.
    It looks to me like they did use old football turf. looking at that pattern made my eyes cross..lol

Like the shape of the lake in Scissortail Park, drone photos often provide a perspective and impression very different from experiencing something at eye-level.

In person, this facility looks quite nice IMO.

I think the variations in the turf’s striping makes it look more like a closely shorn fairway. Obvious that it’s artificial but definitely a nice touch imo

20. Default Re: Bar K

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Like the shape of the lake in Scissortail Park, drone photos often provide a perspective and impression very different from experiencing something at eye-level.

In person, this facility looks quite nice IMO.
    Yeah... the Scissortail pond shape is rather unfortunate to look at from an aerial view.... I can't unsee it.

The aerial view of Chisolm Trail Park in Yukon is amazing.... I have walked all over that park and never realized what it looks like from above until I looked at it on Google Map one day.

https://www.google.com/maps/@35.4891...!3m1!1e3?hl=en

Wow...so cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    Yeah... the Scissortail pond shape is rather unfortunate to look at from an aerial view.... I can't unsee it.

The aerial view of Chisolm Trail Park in Yukon is amazing.... I have walked all over that park and never realized what it looks like from above until I looked at it on Google Map one day.

https://www.google.com/maps/@35.4891...!3m1!1e3?hl=en
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed the Scissortail pond shape lol

23. Default Re: Bar K

Quote Originally Posted by therhett17 View Post
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed the Scissortail pond shape lol
    The thing I find funny about that pond is that I'm almost 100% certain the engineers had to of seen it on the plans..... And possibly laughed about it.

And I say that speaking with almost 30 years of experience in civil engineering and having laughed at a few ponds I've seen on plans over those years.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullbear View Post
    It looks to me like they did use old football turf. looking at that pattern made my eyes cross..lol
    Found the turf! Kickapoo High School in Springfield, MO.

They open Feb. 8th:

Thread Information