Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bar K

Default Re: Bar K

Quote Originally Posted by BridgeBurner View Post
    So where does it stand exactly, they have purchased the property and been given TIF funds but no movement on their end?
    No, have not purchased anything or been paid any funds by the city.

TIF payments usually only happen after certain milestones.

At least the plan doesn't seem to be dead!
    "Thanks for the question. Yes, plans are still moving forward with our OKC location. In fact, if you want to come say “Hi,” we’ll be down at the Boathouse District for Dogtober on October 3rd. We can field any questions you may have about the concept!

Best,
    The Bar K Team"

From the Outdoor in October press release:

Saturday, Oct. 3 “Dogtober” will feature a full day of dog-friendly activities. Bar K, the new dog park and bar slated to open in the Boathouse District in 2021, is coming from Kansas City to create a popup version of their concept which will include a dog yoga class, an adoption event, SUP with your PUP, an off-leash dog park area and beer tasting provided by Coop Ale plus live music.

The Economic Development Trust is set to vote on approving $750K in TIF money for this project.

Also, they are leasing the land from the Boathouse Foundation (which in turn is leasing from the city of OKC) but the agreement does not stipulate the amount.

Found the ground lease; $1K / month for the first 10 years:

Minimum Rent. During the first ten (10) years of the Initial Term, Sublessee
    covenants and agrees to pay to Sublessor, without notice or demand, minimum rent in the amount
    of Twelve Thousand and No/100 Dollars ($12,000.00) per year (“Minimum Rent”). Minimum
    Rent shall increase by Four Thousand and No/100 Dollars ($4,000.00) following the completion
    of the first ten (10) years of the Initial Term and every ten (10) years thereafter until the
    completion of the Initial Term up to a maximum rent of Twenty-Four Thousand and No/100
    Dollars ($24,000) per year.

Blog Entries

seems like a steal

Super cheap land deal. $750,000 in TIF going to the construction and almost free land, helluva deal for them. Not necessarily saying its wrong (although I'd like the land lease to be tied to some kind of percentage rent) but it has to be frustrating for guys like Social Capital to see something like this.

Press release:

Join us this Saturday, Oct. 3rd, for “Dogtober” featuring Bar K’s popup dog park + DOGA dog yoga + SUP with your PUP + free COOP Ale beer sampling + live music + doggy portraits + axe throwing + great food + bikes, scooters and one wheels in the bike park + nature trail + fire pit and s’mores!

Admission is free • Parking is $10

Outdoor October will include pop-up shops, food trucks, authentic German food and family-oriented experiences on four Saturdays in October, each with a different focus.

https://www.riversportokc.org/wp-con...86.pngFeatured events include a special “pop-up” dog park presented by Bar K, a dog park, bar and restaurant coming to the Boathouse District in 2021; Oktoberfest food and beer; a screening of the BMX cult favorite movie “Rad;” and a Thrive Outside weekend offering ‘how to’ mini seminars for those interested in learning about camping, hiking and cooking outdoors.

The Bike Park will be open each weekend with scooters, One Wheels, and bikes available to rent – or bring your own. RIVERSPORT’s Basecamp Nature Center allows families to see 30 different native Oklahoma species of frogs, turtles, spiders, snakes and lizards. A new urban nature trail offers a great walking experience and food trucks and pop-up vendors will be on hand to round out the activities. Be sure to check out Urban Tomahawk’s axe throwing and All the Rage’s mobile rage room.

German food and Oktoberfest beers will be featured all month, and leashed dogs are always welcome.

Visit our website or document attached for more information and schedule of events.

I understand that they're getting to lease this land for cheap and it sounds like a favorable deal for them top to bottom, but I just do not understand how this is a desireable location. Yes its technically "riverfront" but its more of a technicality. If we're being honest, this inlet is more of a trash/debris collector. I mean at the end of the day its a dog park with a bar I don't think its going to make a big difference one way or the other but the outdoor space with be filled with barking and highway noise. Not meaning to be a hater I hope this place kills it but.

https://www.barkdogbar.com/oklahoma-city

Could be wrong but there appear to be a few updated renderings.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Southsider2 View Post
    https://www.barkdogbar.com/oklahoma-city

Could be wrong but there appear to be a few updated renderings.
    Nice river shed.

Those are definitely new:

Those renderings don’t make the building look good. I liked the building in the first post of this thread. Hopefully it looks better once built in person.

The original renderings showed the bar/restaurant as two levels inside and out.

That has obviously changed.

I’d like to see more renderings. That looks like corrugated sheet metal for most of the outside. Like a warehouse. It does still like though as there will be a two level bar in the photo, no?

Either way it would be nice see more renderings of what they actually are going to build.

The difference between the renderings of the OKC location and the St. Louis one in the "Coming Soon" section of their website is something.

Looks like a nondescript ice rink.

Wow, you aren’t kidding, Jake:

https://www.barkdogbar.com/st-louis

That’s almost insulting. I’m definitely going to be writing to Bar K about this and the city council. I’m sure we’ll get the typical “something is better than nothing” argument from some but after seeing what they proposed in St. Louis vs. OKC, what a joke.

lol 750k of TIF money for this. cool cool cool

HangryHippo Guest

They won’t do anything for the city jail but 3/4 of a million for this shed?

OKC is making a great case for the ballot issue in Norman of no TIF without voter approval.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    OKC is making a great case for the ballot issue in Norman of no TIF without voter approval.
    In some cases, TIF is good, but it's way out of control here, I'm sure Pete would agree wholeheartedly since he's done *tons* of research on it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    In some cases, TIF is good, but it's way out of control here, I'm sure Pete would agree wholeheartedly since he's done *tons* of research on it.
    Agree with all your points. If it's a good project than it should stand on it's merits.
    In OKC it appears to be back room deals that involve your city government rubber stamping approval of deals made by an unaccountable development committee.

At least give us some trees!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    The difference between the renderings of the OKC location and the St. Louis one in the "Coming Soon" section of their website is something.

Looks like a nondescript ice rink.
    while i agree that the OKC site should be a little better .. .. i don't think that st louis site would fit in at the boat house district ...

Thread Information