Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Scooter's Coffee

Blog Entries

Default Scooter's Coffee

This is about to open at corner of NW 122nd and Rockwell. Looks like some other locations coming too.

From their website:

In 1998, Scooter’s Coffee was born. Co-founders Don and Linda Eckles began an amazing journey when they opened their first drive-thru coffeehouse in Bellevue, Nebraska. Their keys to success: find a great location and stay committed to high-quality drinks, speed of service, and a BIG smile. Scooter’s Coffee is fortunate to have over two decades of success due to its commitment to the original business principles and company core values. Amazing People, Amazing Drinks…Amazingly Fast!®

https://scooterscoffee.com

Default Re: Scooter's Coffee

Do you know anything about their plans for other possible locations in the metro?

There is a strip mall being built at NW 178th & May and the end unit was built with a drive-thru window and the parking lot was specifically designed to facilitate traffic flow by that window. The location is very small and my thoughts have been that the most likely candidate would be a coffee or donut shop, with a major pizza chain (Papa Johns?) being a distant third possibility.

Blog Entries

They list "Route 66 and Rockwell" and "Route 66 and Portland" as coming soon - so two more along 39th street.

They've started work on the one closer to 39th and Portland. Haven't seen the area around Rockwell though. I hope they do well.

Blog Entries

The 122nd location was done quickly. Removing the underground tanks was the biggest part of the job it appeared. Structure went up quickly.

I've been tracking this for a while... Here are the locations I know of:

3924 nw 39th (near Tulsa)

7040 NW 122nd (Rockwell)

12300 N. May (122nd - old Circle K site)

4800 S. Sooner

2100 NW 145th (Penn)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I've been tracking this for a while... Here are the locations I know of:

3924 nw 39th (near Tulsa)

7040 NW 122nd (Rockwell)

12300 N. May (122nd - old Circle K site)

4800 S. Sooner

2100 NW 145th (Penn)
    Thanks for that information. Seeing their other locations, it seems unlikely they would put one at NW 178th & May, since they will have one at 123rd. I'll have to try the one on N. May once it's open.

8. Default Re: Scooter's Coffee

another cheap and stale coffee chain to put a bigger strain on an already oversaturated coffee market.

Where is Vintage nowadays? I was really hoping to stop by when it was on the NW part of town, and I think I saw it somewhere around Classen Curve??

Quote Originally Posted by alan View Post
    another cheap and stale coffee chain to put a bigger strain on an already oversaturated coffee market.
    Your opinion isn't just a bit biased, is it, Mr. Vintage Coffee owner?

11. Default Re: Scooter's Coffee

we've been at nw 49th & Western since 2012. and better than ever.

12. Default Re: Scooter's Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Your opinion isn't just a bit biased, is it, Mr. Vintage Coffee owner?
    biased is one word. well-informed is another.

biased is one word. well-informed is another.
    Heh... I'm totally stealing that.

I'm with Vintage Coffee on this one... 39th doesn't need more crappy coffee shops... I am happy with ZT Coffee on Britton, Vintage on Western, and Classen Coffee on Classen. I guess the Coffee shop in DT Bethany could switch to a better roaster if I had my way.

^^^ That may be (how do you know Scooter's is crappy?), but for the owner of a coffee shop to make his first post in a couple of years denigrating another business just ain't cool. And in the meantime, the coffee shops along May from Britton south to at least Reno (and probably way further) number only three - two are Starbucks and only one is sit-down. Yes, there are other places that sell coffee, but no "coffee shops", and yes, I know there are others on Classen, Western, 23rd, etc., but I'm talking about May.

Actually, looking at Scooter's website they actually have locations in several states and been around since 1998. I totally dislike the above comment by Vintage coffee guy and because of that negative jab will go out of my way to pass Vintage and try Scooters. Be professional! If you don't like that its here, don't go. Unless you've tried it don't call it stale and cheap...

Blog Entries

Been to Scooters twice and thought it was great! All thumbs up.

18. Default Re: Scooter's Coffee

i tried scooters on a road trip last year.
    but only because ZERO local coffee shops were open at that time. it was that, starbucks or gas station.

guess what? it was stale. and cheap. and dirty. and the one worker could not have cared less.
    but you're saying because i've spent 13 years of my life trying to build something, i don't get to have an opinion?

if you want to continue sending your money out of your community just so you can support one more crappy chain, that's on you.

our customers would rather have quality, freshness and natural ingredients.

if you want to continue sending your money out of your community just you can support one more crappy chain, that's on you.
    I would love to hear your opinion ofyour competitor across the street, Stella Nova.

20. Default Re: Scooter's Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by ditm4567 View Post
    I would love to hear your opinion of your competitor across the street, Stella Nova.
    this feels like a setup. but i guess since my opinion is just biased and the worst i can do is alienate people who love chains, here goes:

it is exactly what you would expect from a concept started by real estate investors and former starbucks employees. their business practice of moving in next to other established local coffee shops is straight from the CVS/Walgreens playbook and is frankly embarrassing for them.

i give them about 50/50 odds of selling out to a concept like Scooters (or maybe a chicken place).
    it would be a great payoff for their investors.

this feels like a setup. but i guess since my opinion is just biased and the worst i can do is alienate people who love chains, here goes:

it is exactly what you would expect from a concept started by real estate investors and former starbucks employees. their business practice of moving in next to other established local coffee shops is straight from the CVS/Walgreens playbook and is frankly embarrassing for them.

i give them about 50/50 odds of selling out to a concept like Scooters (or maybe a chicken place).
    it would be a great payoff for their investors.
    I have yet to go to Stella, but if what you say is true than I probably won't then.

22. Default Re: Scooter's Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    I have yet to go to Stella, but if what you say is true than I probably won't then.
    you are welcome to try them out for yourself. we're just about 400 feet away if you don't like it...

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    Definitely give it a try. Not only do they have great coffee and breakfast burritos, it is also a friendly and inviting environment!

I've been to all the Stella Nova locations, and while there are several similarities to Starbucks, they offer a superior product and superior service. They also have ample space for people needing to work or study. I hope they expand to other places, too, like Tulsa.

Blog Entries

i tried scooters on a road trip last year.
    but only because ZERO local coffee shops were open at that time. it was that, starbucks or gas station.

guess what? it was stale. and cheap. and dirty. and the one worker could not have cared less.
    but you're saying because i've spent 13 years of my life trying to build something, i don't get to
    if you want to continue sending your money out of your community just so you can support one more crappy chain, that's on you.

our customers would rather have quality, freshness and natural ingredients.
    Scooters is simple, Sonic meets 7-11 coffee, sweet, colors, large styrofoam cups, fake whipped cream, yech!

Thread Information