Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Scooter's Coffee

Blog Entries

Default Re: Scooter's Coffee

Seemed fine to me. And REALLY convenient! Glad to have it in OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by okatty View Post
    Seemed fine to me. And REALLY convenient! Glad to have it in OKC.
    I tried the new location @ 122 & Rockwell, and It was very good. Also, glad to see this new option in OKC.

3. Default Re: Scooter's Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Executionist View Post
    I tried the new location @ 122 & Rockwell, and It was very good. Also, glad to see this new option in OKC.
    I hope it does well but it seems like an odd combination of businesses on that corner. A small, off brand C-store replaces it’s gas pumps with a coffee shop?

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    I have yet to go to Stella, but if what you say is true than I probably won't then.
    Stella Nova is great! Great coffee, food and atmosphere.

It’s slightly better than fast food and convenience store coffee, but you’ll pay Starbucks’ prices. I’ll take Elemental, Hank’s (excuse me, Not Your Average Joe’s) or Evoke any time.

Blog Entries

Stella's coffee is very good, not great. It is fairly priced. They are clean and attractive facilities. The staff at all of them I've been to have been friendly and much more engaged than Starbucks. It just feels better than Starbucks and are good spots to meet and talk with better seating.

There are several good locals I frequent, but I don't hold it against Stella that they are convenient or popular enough to have more than one store. And, every cup of coffee I have doesn't have to be exotic or the best I ever had. Sometimes a good cup of coffee at a convenient comfortable place where I can sit and do my crossword or meet a friend is just fine.

Clarity Coffee, another local coffee shop downtown is also really great!

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyShack View Post
    I'm with Vintage Coffee on this one... 39th doesn't need more crappy coffee shops... I am happy with ZT Coffee on Britton, Vintage on Western, and Classen Coffee on Classen. I guess the Coffee shop in DT Bethany could switch to a better roaster if I had my way.
    Pardon me, but what other coffee shop of any kind does 39th have? I can only recall McDs and Dunkin and I don't consider those coffee shops. Also, the "coffee shop in DT Bethany" was a Java Dave's (horribad) and it is no more. Birrierria Diaz took over the space in an expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    ...Also, the "coffee shop in DT Bethany" was a Java Dave's (horribad) and it is no more. Birrierria Diaz took over the space in an expansion.
    So good to know, that place had the most disgusting lattes we've ever had (it wasn't a Java Dave's when we went, though), and we're overdue a trip to Birrieria Diaz, thanks for the reminder!

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    So good to know, that place had the most disgusting lattes we've ever had (it wasn't a Java Dave's when we went, though), and we're overdue a trip to Birrieria Diaz, thanks for the reminder!
    Birrieria has a bar now in the old Java Dave's space! It's nothing fancy but you can order margaritas and such. Their food is so good. RE: Java Dave's, I went in there once and it was very dirty. They had cold coffee that tasted like something you might get out of an urn at church (I've actually had better coffee at church). And it smelled like a greasy hamburger grill.

The notion that anyone would refer to that as a "coffee shop" is comically absurd.

11. Default Re: Scooter's Coffee

They are planning to open up to 30 corporate stores in the metro.

I've never had their coffee but how in the world does the city support all of these coffee shops? I tend to agree with what Vintage Coffee has said in the thread about we don't need another one (especially a chain) and it hurts all the local spots. I love Stella Nova and Vintage. I go to both for different reasons.

Scooters Coffee opening multiple OKC locations

by Miguel Rios

The first Scooter’s Coffee in Oklahoma City opened last month in the far northwest part of the city. Two more are expected to open soon along Route 66, and a total of about 10 will be open by the end of the year.

[prbreak][/prbreak]

Scooter’s Coffee was founded in Nebraska in 1998 as a drive-thru coffee house focusing on “high-quality drinks, speed of service and a big smile.” According to a press release, the chain is “at the dawn of a strategic growth phase in the Midwest and nationwide.” Josi Orsi, senior manager for brand execution, said the company is excited to enter the OKC market.

“We opened our first store in December … and that one is off to a great start, so we’re super excited,” Orsi said. “We have another one opening here in January, so we’re getting rocking and rolling. In 2020, we have around eight more stores planned to open. We’re excited to keep growing in the community and getting involved with these communities.”

The next Scooter’s to open this month will be along Route 66 at Portland Avenue. After that, officials expect a third location to open around April or May along Route 66 at Rockwell Avenue.

“But we definitely have our eyes on a few different sites as well, kind of getting everything in the works,” Orsi said. “It’s just going to depend on all the sites and how everything comes together, but I would say we’ll probably have seven to nine stores total in the area by the end of the year. … We definitely want to keep growing. We have about 50-ish stores in Omaha and a total of like 90 in Nebraska, so we want to keep that momentum going and take that kind of market and bring it to OKC.”

Currently, all planned Scooter’s Coffee will be drive-thru only locations. The chain’s motto is “Amazing people, amazing drinks, amazingly fast,” which Orsi said helps distinguish them from other coffee shops.

“One of the most important things we like to focus on is being fast at the drive-thru, so we don’t want people to have to wait there forever,” she said. “We want to get them through and onto their day, and give them a great start to their day. Obviously, the quality in drinks is also important, just serving up the highest-quality that we can with our coffee and all of our ingredients that we put in our products.”

A grand opening and ribbon cutting event is being planned for the store that’s already open, and similar events are expected for most locations that will follow.

Scooter’s Coffee will also be giving back by hosting a Day of Giving towards the end of the year in which a percentage of proceeds will be donated to a top-nominated local nonprofit. People can already nominate their favorite local nonprofit at scooterscoffee.com/nominations.

“As an incentive for showing kindness and helping the community by nominating, participating customers will receive an email back with an exclusive Scooter’s Coffee coupon offering a free small drink or half off a medium or large drink,” according to a press release. “Then, toward the end of 2020, the participating Scooter’s Coffee locations will hold a ‘Day of Giving’ for the top-nominated nonprofit organization and donate a percent of the proceeds.”

Despite being a chain with nearly 200 locations in more than 15 states, Orsi said Scooter’s Coffee makes an effort to engage with its local communities.

“That’s the biggest thing when go into new communities and in our existing communities,” she said. “One of the most important things to us is making those connections in the community and getting involved at the local level because our business is all loyalty, and we want to make those connections and build upon that to know what’s important for our customers,” she said.

To that end, Scooter’s already partnered with the Edmond nonprofit The Hugs Project, which sends care packages and various items to troops abroad.

“Right before the holidays, we donated … close to 800 bags of coffee, so they can send them to the troops overseas,” she said. “That was a lot of fun helping them with that, and we just love to make connections in the community. That was something that came up when we were exploring how to make connections, so we’re really excited to have made that donation.”

All of Scooter’s Coffee drinks are available hot, iced or blended, with the Caramelicious as its signature drink. The chain was named after the nickname of a co-founder’s daughter, which its website said fit well with its mission to keep customers happy by having them “scoot in and scoot out” quickly.”

When Scooter’s first started operating in 1998, co-founder Linda Eckles bought and placed smiley face stickers on every drink as a way to brighten people’s days. Orsi said this also helps set them apart today.

“All of our cups have a smiley face sticker on them and we change those out all the time, but it’s kind of a good way to be like, ‘Have a nice day,’ and to bring a smile to our customer's face,” she said. “It’s just to bring a smile to our customer’s face. It’s always fun to see those on the cups and what different ones are coming out. It just adds to that personal experience with their barista and a really delicious drink.”

Visit scooterscoffee.com.

The Scooter's at Rockwell & 122nd has terrible flow. The biggest drawback is they put it in the parking lot of a convenience store where you are only able to get in the drive-thru off of Rockwell. What a terrible design. Maybe they are hoping for the c-store to close and they will raze it.

Sucks that they're drive-through only. Yes, there are lots of coffee places, but some areas of the city need some more sit-down types (N May Ave from Grand south to wherever you choose, but most likely 10+ miles has no sit-down coffee shops, and yes, I'm fully aware of the ones on 23rd, they're not close to May).

Quote Originally Posted by OkiePoke View Post
    The Scooter's at Rockwell & 122nd has terrible flow. The biggest drawback is they put it in the parking lot of a convenience store where you are only able to get in the drive-thru off of Rockwell. What a terrible design. Maybe they are hoping for the c-store to close and they will raze it.
    It's a bit of a pain especially if you're driving S on Rockwell and have to make a left turn immediately past 122, which I have to to get there from home.

But I've been twice now, and the coffee and service have been very good. For me, beats going to the Starbs on MacArthur/Memorial with its often 15-minute wait times.

Bad over roasted over sweetened 90's coffee from a drive through, no thanks, too much of that already. But hey I'm sure it'll go over well here and I'm a fan of people developing in OKC so sure.

They don't even have a walk up window?

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    ^^^ That may be (how do you know Scooter's is crappy?), but for the owner of a coffee shop to make his first post in a couple of years denigrating another business just ain't cool. And in the meantime, the coffee shops along May from Britton south to at least Reno (and probably way further) number only three - two are Starbucks and only one is sit-down. Yes, there are other places that sell coffee, but no "coffee shops", and yes, I know there are others on Classen, Western, 23rd, etc., but I'm talking about May.
    Isn't Leaf & Bean still open at NW 36th and May?

Quote Originally Posted by jompster View Post
    Isn't Leaf & Bean still open at NW 36th and May?
    It's not sit-down (unless you count the picnic table out front), and it might still be open, but its hours were severely limited (closing at noon or 1) and sometimes they weren't even open during the hours they said they would be. After 2 tries, we stopped trying.

I've been to the location at NW 122nd and Rockwell several times, espresso drinks are mediocre. Sandwiches are OK but not as good as Starbucks in my opinion yet they charge the same prices. The far northwest side (PC North/Deer Creek area) could certainly use an independent coffee shop as the lines at the Starbucks are typically long.

Blog Entries

East of I 35 in Edmond will be ripe for some new bussinesses soon. The area is building up fast. Only coffee shop in the area is a Starbucks on the west side at Covell. I'm not a fan of their coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    Eh, even though we go to the 18th/Classen Homeland as our regular grocery store and that'd be close, we'll still keep going to Classen Coffee since it's local (and their Dirty Chai is great).

Quote Originally Posted by oklip955 View Post
    East of I 35 in Edmond will be ripe for some new bussinesses soon. The area is building up fast. Only coffee shop in the area is a Starbucks on the west side at Covell. I'm not a fan of their coffee.
    And that particular Starbucks is V E R Y...S L O W!

Thread Information