Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Scooter's Coffee

Blog Entries

Default Re: Scooter's Coffee

I was in Omaha last weekend and there was a Scooter's on a corner in Old Market which I thought was interesting. No drive through just walk in.

The structure at Blackwelder & NW Expressway has been razed in preparation for the new build.

Blackwelder & NW Ex:

I haven't looked at all the locations but this is the second location across from an On Cue (The Classen and 13th will be across from On Cue also). Coincidence or is that something they look at?

On Cue's coffee game is a little weak as far as bean options even though they have the new machines.

Blog Entries

The one at 13/Classen looks nearly done. Building is complete minus signage. Could see a bit of the interior from the bus this morning and it looked like it was done. Looked like folks outside were about to put up their main sign.

Blog Entries

Will be interesting to see that intersection flow when the oncue is open

Hopefully the city/OnCue follow through with their plan to eliminate the soft right onto Western from Classen and force everyone to make a hard right at the light, otherwise it's going to be a mess.

On the plus side, not as worried about a lack of drive-thru space as I was in post #58. Looks much more reasonable now that the building is up and the concrete has been poured.

Oh, and a bit more on-topic...have tried this place a couple of times since moving back and their Caramelicious Blender is pretty good. Really don't think they're any cheaper than Starbucks though, and I kind of expected that they would be with the bare-bones setup. But at least for now, their drive-thru lines don't seem to be nearly as crazy as Starbucks which is a big plus.

The one on 13th and Western looks like it will open any time.

They just opened at Classen/Western and NW 13th:

i hope they do well, but i just will never be able to look at that use of an urban property without hating it.

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    i hope they do well, but i just will never be able to look at that use of an urban property without hating it.
    I agree. This is a horrible use of this property.

If OnCue is still building nearby it would have cool to see Scooters work with OnCue and use OnCue’s drive thru.

15. Default Re: Scooter's Coffee

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20201218_094653803.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	2.39 MB 
ID:	16631
    I went this morning since I saw them open. Pretty good

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    I think you just ruined this for me, because I really hadn't thought about this from that viewpoint, and now I can't help but look at this lot and this intersection and the potential of what could have been here, and yeah, it's a pretty blah use of this property.

It's way better than that horrible, run-down service station.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Couldn't one have said the same about the Hi-lo and a Braum's? It's certainly true, but it's a low bar.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    Couldn't one have said the same about the Hi-lo and a Braum's? It's certainly true, but it's a low bar.
    Not remotely the same thing.

I mean, obviously the situations were different, and a run down service station doesn't have the history of the building with the HiLo. But my point is still valid. "Better than what was there before" is a pretty low bar in terms of development/use standards. While technically true, it doesn't mean we can't be disappointed by what could have been.

Didn't say you can't be disappointed but your comparison is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    That is true and there is no arguing that but it still leaves room for imagination. I wonder how it is before this does end up torn down and replaced with something better. No more than 15-25 years.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    I mean, obviously the situations were different, and a run down service station doesn't have the history of the building with the HiLo. But my point is still valid. "Better than what was there before" is a pretty low bar in terms of development/use standards. While technically true, it doesn't mean we can't be disappointed by what could have been.
    To quote our old friend Urbanized (I think), “Better than crappy makes us happy.”

The OnCue will be going in right behind Scooters. I understand there may be some right-of-way issues with some landowners behind the property.

I think OnCue is going to be across Western (to the west) of Scooters. In Pete’s post #81 it is around one O’clock in the first picture and on the right side of the second.

Thread Information