Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Strata (former Goodwill property)

Default Re: Goodwill property on the boulevard

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    I guess it is just living 3 hours north of a city that gets basically every development going, and usually bigger than they ever dreamed.

I hope something comes of this, but with OCURA not holding him accountable, I'm not going to hold my breath.
    lol. I live in that metro and see failed, under-delievered, and cancelled projects all the time. yes, texas has some boomtowns, but that's also only one story of texas. much of texas looks a lot more like oklahoma and kansas and arkansas and missouri and new mexico, etc.

i've said this before and i'll say it again, oklahomans have such a delusional grass-is-always-greener view of the state compared to its neighbors. they think embarrassing politics are the worst in oklahoma, projects are only cancelled in oklahoma, and so much more. a lot of the same things that happen in oklahoma happen in the surrounding states. and i'm not pumping sunshine. i'm actually saying that a lot of surrounding states have their failures and frustrations. it may be incredible to hear, but i'd probably trade oklahoma's politics for what we deal with in texas where the governor won't allow local decison-making at all. the only thing i would say oklahoma is exceptional for is its devaluing and underfunding of public education.

Default Re: Goodwill property on the boulevard

Nm

HangryHippo Guest

Default Re: The Stata (former Goodwill property)

That kicks ass!

Default Re: The Strata (former Goodwill property)

this would be spectacular ...

I also think this is great.

Pete what odds are you giving this one to get built more or less as-planned?

Lots of height coming in and around downtown. That’ll get the fan boys excited. 2020s will be an incredible decade for the growth of this city

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorTaco View Post
    I also think this is great.

Pete what odds are you giving this one to get built more or less as-planned?
    Not sure but do know as a part of the agreement with the city to buy the land, the developer agreed to the proper terms:

Plans for development to be submitted to the city by 12/23/20
    Construction to start by 6/1/23
    Complete the entire development by 6/1/26

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Not sure but do know as a part of the agreement with the city to buy the land, the developer agreed to the proper terms:

Plans for development to be submitted to the city by 12/23/20
    Construction to start by 6/1/23
    Complete the entire development by 6/1/26
    So the developers were 2.5 years late. I wish someone would have held them accountable.

I wonder when this will go to the Planning Commission.

From their website: https://fsb-ae.com/project/the-strata-at-scissortail/

"Strata is a world-class, mixed-use development that reimagines modern luxury living. The towers’ sculpted architectural expression is inspired by the geological formations and rock stratifications that paint our region’s lake frontages. The iconic undulating building façade delivers stunning outdoor patios and decks which offer a breath-taking vantage point to the surrounding views.

FSB crafted the residential portion of this concept to be sleek and stylish, connecting elements of nature to an iconic design. The high-rise consists of more than 120 units made up of one, two and three-bedroom layouts as well as four 11,250 SF penthouses. Nearly 300 parking spaces are provided in an integrated parking podium, as well as interior and exterior amenities including a fitness center and spa, movie room, pool deck, and a communal firepit. Retail and common spaces round out the ground-floor concept giving tenants an unparalleled living and lifestyle experience."

If nothing else, the Strawberry Fields group is pretty great at getting renderings put together

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Stata (former Goodwill property)

Quote Originally Posted by HangryHippo View Post
    That kicks ass!
    This is so awesome if it comes to fruition, make you want to kick your own ass...

If the outcome is remotely close to the renderings I'll be ecstatic.

Wow, if this is even close to wha the end result looks like it'd be a heck of a cornerstone for other developers to build around. That's fantastic.

Four 11 thousand square foot penthouses? This seems very pie-in-the-sky from that statement alone. If built, those penthouses would easily be close to 5 million.

I would love for this to happen, but I am keeping my expectation in check. Selling luxury condos in downtown OKC has been a struggle. Let alone, ultra-luxury condos. City Place's outdated penthouses still take forever to sell and only for just north of $400 sqft.

Very cool! Area badly needs residential to start filling in.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Four 11 thousand square foot penthouses? This seems very pie-in-the-sky from that statement alone. If built, those penthouses would easily be close to 5 million.

I would love for this to happen, but I am keeping my expectation in check. Selling luxury condos in downtown OKC has been a struggle. Let alone, ultra-luxury condos. City Place's outdated penthouses still take forever to sell and only for just north of $400 sqft.
    Probably closer to $7-8 million. It is a premier location, but I'm apprehensive about the prospects of the project if it is dependent on pre-selling those.

Blog Entries

BTW: Let's not forget, this will be close to the 21 story Dream Hotel Development. Looks to be 15 stories . . .

This would be such a homerun if it gets built as proposed. Housing right up against the park to activate it even more plus a jumpstart for the rest of the west side of the park.

This is great!

Just received a call from the Strawberry Fields lawyer who said this information is "inaccurate" and asked me to remove it, which I've done.

These renderings are freaking gorgeous. Fingers crossed the developers have what it takes to pull it off.

Blog Entries

When I first saw this I was confused since former Sandridge Tower is now Strata Tower. Like, cool project, but can you come up with an original name?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Just received a call from the Strawberry Fields lawyer who said this information is "inaccurate" and asked me to remove it, which I've done.
    What information was inaccurate?

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    What information was inaccurate?
    The attorney wasn't sure; I'm working to find out more.

Here is a direct link to an elaborate website that has all the renderings and more information.

https://www.stratascissortail.com/the-building

What does Strawberry Fields have anything to do with this development?

Thread Information