Widgets Magazine

Thread: Oklahoma City Energy FC 2020

Blog Entries

Energy FC Oklahoma City Energy FC 2020

Oklahoma City Energy FC hires new head coach for 2020 season:

Minnesota United FC assistant coach John Pascarella was named Friday as the new head coach of Energy FC. [PHOTO PROVIDED, Oklahoman 11-23-2019]

Prior to his time in Minnesota, Pascarella managed the Des Moines Menace of USL League.

“We couldn’t be more excited for John to join our club,” said owner Bob Funk, Jr. “John not only has an impressive resume, but everyone he’s worked with speaks very highly about him. It became clear early in our discussions that John has a vision for Energy FC both on and off the pitch, and we look forward to building a winning culture with him.”

Default Re: Oklahoma City Energy FC 2020

This is very positive news for the club. I cannot wait to see him get to town and start work with the team.

Tulsa announced their rebrand today. So good. I wish OKC would take a hint.

https://www.fctulsa.com/news_article/show/1069139

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AP View Post
    Tulsa announced their rebrand today. So good. I wish OKC would take a hint.https://www.fctulsa.com/news_article/show/1069139
    That's incredible. As an aside - the Thunder should take a hint and fix their branding.

Agreed X 1000

The Thunder branding is embarrassing. By far the worse in the NBA; maybe in pro sports.

Colors and name are fine, everything else needs to go.

Tulsa announced their rebrand today. So good. I wish OKC would take a hint.

https://www.fctulsa.com/news_article/show/1069139
    Don't mind they lifted the design from Oklahoma City FC, our WPSL team.

Yes, they took the state bird that OKCFC had sole ownership of. Even if they did steal the concept they executed it better. BTW, the Energy should have used OKCFC as the USL team name and not the ****ty name they came up with.

Blog Entries

Hopefully they will be better on the field along with the new logo. It's been rough under the ownership of the Drillers being baseball people and not soccer.

The team shouldn't lack for money now. The new owners are the Craft brothers whose father is coal billionaire Joe Craft.

The Energy's name, crest, and team colors are all fine, the issue is that the level of effort put into marketing the team over the past few years has been substandard at best.

That Tulsa re-brand is fantastic, BTW. Everything their new ownership group has been doing tells me that they're setting their sights on becoming the better-run of the two USL clubs in this state.

Energy FC Re: Oklahoma City Energy FC 2020

Yes, they took the state bird that OKCFC had sole ownership of. Even if they did steal the concept they executed it better. BTW, the Energy should have used OKCFC as the USL team name and not the ****ty name they came up with.
    I am not saying OKCFC had sole ownership, it was just a jab at Tulsa who is our instate rivals. I guess for us who live in OKC, the scissortail image is getting over-used. Which for Tulsa might not be the case. I really do like the re-brand and I think it is more fitting of Tulsa.

They will still keep the Roughneck history and name within their community, it just won't be at the forefront.

As for the Energy using the OKCFC name, it was already taken by the WPSL club as well as the former group who was bringing the NASL to OKC. The name just was not available for Funk to use.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    The Energy's name, crest, and team colors are all fine, the issue is that the level of effort put into marketing the team over the past few years has been substandard at best.

That Tulsa re-brand is fantastic, BTW. Everything their new ownership group has been doing tells me that they're setting their sights on becoming the better-run of the two USL clubs in this state.
    Speaking with the FO folks, a stronger and better Tulsa club, the better OKC will be. For the last few years we haven't had to put forth much effort to be better than Tulsa. But with these new owners and their re-brand, we should start seeing more activity out of OKC.

Blog Entries

On his 33rd birthday, Energy FC forward Jaime Chavez chose his spot, and pushed a penalty kick past Austin Bold FC goalkeeper Diego Restrepo in the 64th minute of Friday’s match.

Chavez’ goal would put Oklahoma City ahead 2-1, and help the Greens earn their first win in 2020, as well as their first multiple score match of the season. A goal from OKC’s Jose Hernandez four minutes into stoppage time would put the match out of reach for Austin at 3-1

United Soccer League: Group D in the standings:

Unied Soccer League GP - W - L - T (Pts)

OKC Energy FC 3 - 1 - 1 - 1 (4)
    San Antonio FC 1 - 1 - 0 - 0 (3)
    _Austin Bold FC 2 - 1 - 1 - 0 (3)
    _______ FC Tulsa 2 - 0 - 0 - 2 (2)
    Rio G. Valley FC 2 - 0 - 2 - 0 (0)

Hello,

Has anybody gone to a match since the season restarted ?
    I heard the capacity is very limited. Season tickets holders plus few more tickets so social distancing is good.

I consider going to a game soon so I am interested to know.

Quote Originally Posted by amocore View Post
    Hello,

Has anybody gone to a match since the season restarted ?
    I heard the capacity is very limited. Season tickets holders plus few more tickets so social distancing is good.

I consider going to a game soon so I am interested to know.
    I am season seat holder, my seats are in the supporters' section this year. It's not too bad, you now wear a mask when walking about the stadium due to the OKC mandate, but once you are seated you can take it off. In my section it is GA, but everyone is good about keeping their distance. In the regular stands it looks like every other row is blocked off with unsold seat taped off between season seat holders and what not. They still have concessions but they are now pre-packaged before the game.

Blog Entries

United Soccer League: Group D in the standings:

Unied Soccer League GP - W - L - T (Pts)
    San Antonio FC 3 - 2 - 0 - 1 (7)
    OKC Energy FC 4 - 1 - 1 - 2 (5)
    _Austin Bold FC 2 - 1 - 1 - 0 (3)
    _______ FC Tulsa 2 - 0 - 0 - 2 (2)
    Rio G. Valley FC 5 - 0 - 3 - 2 (2)

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyShack View Post
    I am season seat holder, my seats are in the supporters' section this year. It's not too bad, you now wear a mask when walking about the stadium due to the OKC mandate, but once you are seated you can take it off. In my section it is GA, but everyone is good about keeping their distance. In the regular stands it looks like every other row is blocked off with unsold seat taped off between season seat holders and what not. They still have concessions but they are now pre-packaged before the game.
    Safe enough for me. I got my ticket for tomorrow !

Quote Originally Posted by amocore View Post
    Safe enough for me. I got my ticket for tomorrow !
    They also take you temp before entering and they now have similar bag policies to OU. In other words don't plan on bringing any bags with you. Though they do allow empty water bottles to fill up at the water fountains.

Blog Entries

United Soccer League Standings: https://www.uslchampionship.com/league-standings

What is happening with this team ?
    Maybe they should play behind closed door as they are embarrassing .

Last 4 games, 10 goals against 0 for...

Putrid.

Thread Information