Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tesla (previously Volvo dealership)

Auto Alley Tesla (previously Volvo dealership)

Over last weekend, Volvo moved to its new facility in far north OKC just south of Edmond.

It is located next to the new Mercedes dealership which moved out there about a year ago. The first tenant in that renovated building, Hogan Taylor, recently moved in.

There are no announced plans for the old Volvo building.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Old Volvo Dealership

do we know if it's an old building with a modern facade or a modern building?

I don't recall what was there before but that building is relatively new.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    do we know if it's an old building with a modern facade or a modern building?
    It was purpose built in the early to mid 1990s. Benchmark Motors had added Jaguar and Volvo to it's Mercedes-Benz building around 1990, when they bought Fretwell's. After a few years absorbing the operation and getting approvals, they razed the Used Cars sales office and built this building to house all sales, parts and service operations for the two car lines.

I recall the block was all surface parking for Used Cars, and the only structure was the office, which was maybe 1500SF.

Blog Entries

Good to know, thanks. Sometimes it's hard to tell if there's a beautiful building under a modern facade...

Tesla just filed a building permit for a service center at this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Great news! Any idea as to number of jobs or employee pay averages?

Default Re: Tesla (previously Volvo dealership)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I thought Teslas never broke ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by bucktalk View Post
    Great news! Any idea as to number of jobs or employee pay averages?
    It is a glorified mechanic shop, I believe. But, with it being Tesla, I would guess the pay will be slightly higher than Joe's Mechanic, or something like that.

Blog Entries

I presumed there'd be superchargers on site, but not seeing it in the drawings, unless I'm missing it.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    I presumed there'd be superchargers on site, but not seeing it in the drawings, unless I'm missing it.
    They weren't included in the plans that were filed but I'm sure they will be installed.

Quote Originally Posted by jdizzle View Post
    It is a glorified mechanic shop, I believe. But, with it being Tesla, I would guess the pay will be slightly higher than Joe's Mechanic, or something like that.
    I would imagine on par with mechanics at dealerships.

14. Default Re: Tesla (previously Volvo dealership)

Ya you can't really buy third parts and install on Tesla so you have to go to the service center. The Plano service apparently is pretty awful. Lots of people like the KC store.

15. Default Re: Tesla (previously Volvo dealership)

i like it and the fact that there's so much 'retail' space available to add a store once Oklahoma decides to join the 21st Century and allow these type of transactions. I envision this becoming the Tesla hub for Oklahoma; sales, service, superchargers, parts, detail -all things/matters Tesla- much like it had been the Volvo hub (or the former Mercedes hub that was across the street).

Honestly, IMO we need a few of these auto showroom/service in AAlley so it's not just completely gentrified but still has some 'working pieces' to its history. I'd love Mercedes to return to AAlley in a much smaller, fully urban facility and maybe showrooms for a couple other high end brands (Koenigsegg Oklahoma City anyone?).
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

This spot could easily turn into a Tesla sales facility if/when the Oklahoma laws change to allow it.

Work has started:

18. Default Re: Tesla (previously Volvo dealership)

will be nice to see that Tesla logo replace the Volvo sign.

But I am sad that premium brands have left downtown. Too bad, perhaps they will return. I vote for a Koenigsegg outlet!

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    will be nice to see that Tesla logo replace the Volvo sign.

But I am sad that premium brands have left downtown. Too bad, perhaps they will return. I vote for a Koenigsegg outlet!
    Outlet, nice touch. I'd settle for the original.

20. Default Re: Tesla (previously Volvo dealership)

i meant location or storefront not necessarily an "outlet" store Koenigsegg. lol.

but shoot, even an "outlet store" of Koenigsegg in downtown would be awesome!!

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    i meant location or storefront not necessarily an "outlet" store Koenigsegg. lol.

but shoot, even an "outlet store" of Koenigsegg in downtown would be awesome!!
    Oh for sure. I also didn't mean that I'd settle for a koenigsegg. I meant I'd go for their first model, non ccx, non agera, etc.

Very few cities have Koenigsegg dealers and LA just got their stand alone with Pagani as many of their super car dealers have been moving locations in the recent years. Aston Martin, Lamborghini, and Bentley all moved to new locations. I think Dallas just got their standalone Bugatti dealership a few years ago.

I had heard a Ferrari dealer was coming to Edmond soon but that was five years ago and I’m still crossing my fingers. Fiat, FFC, has closed their dealership in Edmond and their only standalone store is now in Tulsa with sales for OKC being listed at the Paul’s Valley Jeep-Chrysler-Dodge store.

Oklahoma Exotics has some very nice cars including a GT Lusso listed at 825k. It’s always fun to check out their inventory.

But Christian Koenigsegg is engineering some insane cars that almost exceed formula one tech for public use. It’s just unreal what he’s accomplished. I read an article about he has squeezed almost 600 horses out of 2 liter 3 cylinder engine with no cams. Or it’s something close to that. F@cking nuts to me.

The building has been painted a light gray while they continue to work on the interior:

For anyone that hasn’t driven a Tesla yet, I highly recommend test driving a model 3 here when they open. It will blow your mind, this car. I am likely going to buy one to use for driving around the city when I’m in town. Awesome piece of technology.

I’m trying to talk my grandparents into getting model s or an x.

Thread Information