Widgets Magazine

Thread: Grandmark Condos

Western Ave. Grandmark Condos

This is a 23-unit complex directly west of Nichols Hills Plaza.

Chesapeake had purchased 19 of the units over a number of years for a total of $8.3 million. In 2017, they sold the block to an investor who only paid $2.3 million, or an average of $121K per unit. That's a $6 million loss after holding these properties for years.

Now, the complex has been renovated and several of the units are on the market ranging from $599,00 to $1.25M; per square foot price is from $421 to $450.

Press release:

New Grandmark Luxury Condo Residences Arrive in Nichols Hills

OKLAHOMA CITY, Oklahoma — Grandmark’s collection of thoughtfully designed luxury
    condominiums located in the heart of Nichols Hills are now on the market. Established in 1981, local
    developers Ward Coe and Bill Shdeed reimagined the community—located at 6405 Grandmark Drive—in
    2018 with architect Stephen K. Blair and interior designer Dustin Door to fit the modern, premier lifestyle
    booming in and around the neighborhood.

Dubbed the “Grandmark Renaissance”, the redesigned condo residences bring a new, modern elegance to
    Nichols Hills, perfectly positioned steps away from the neighborhood’s upscale shopping centers (Nichols
    Hills Plaza and Classen Curve), eateries and parks. Whole Foods, Trader Joe’s, Barre 3, Kite Park, the
    anticipated Flower Child restaurant and more are all located within a half-mile radius of the community.
    “Grandmark is a small and exclusive community of 22 residences that’s unlike any other development in
    the City. These are the only new, luxury condos that exist with state-of-the-art amenities, private
    underground parking and all the conveniences of Nichols Hills Plaza literally at your doorstep,”
    developers Ward Coe and Bill Shdeed said. “We wanted to create something that Nichols Hills doesn’t
    have: A one-of-a-kind property that, until now, had yet to see its full potential developed. It was one of
    the greatest opportunities for this area to create something really special and unique to Nichols Hills and
    Oklahoma City.”

Residences include a mix of flats, townhomes and penthouses with sweeping city views. The interiors
    welcome plenty of natural light into the living spaces and are decorated with state-of-the-art Thermador
    appliances. Unfinished units can be tailored to suit the discerning taste of its buyer. Additionally, the
    property includes several first-rate amenities, including access to a premium clubhouse and swimming
    pool, gardens, a covered parking facility and the spacious, fully furnished Grandmark Guesthouse when
    residents host out of town visitors.

ABOUT GRANDMARK
    Grandmark is a collection of thoughtfully created residences in the heart of Nichols Hills, Oklahoma,
    allowing residents to enjoy the intersection of suburban and city living in luxurious comfort. Originally
    built in 1981 by developers G. T. and Libby Blankenship, local developers Ward Coe and Bill Shdeed
    redesigned Grandmark in 2018 as a modern lifestyle concept. Grandmark is situated on the east side of
    Grand Boulevard Park, nestled in the exclusive Nichols Hills neighborhood and within walking distance
    of Nichols Hills Plaza

Default Re: Grandmark Condos

Well these are nice. I just hope they start construction on the townhomes on Grand. Those would be amazing.

Looks like a home run. In Nichols Hills, walkable retail & grocery, essentially new construction.

I've been looking at townhomes around OKC, but nothing in my price range with a garage.

Why can't a contractor in OKC build something similar to this?

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2...85834617_zpid/

Quote Originally Posted by OkiePoke View Post
    I've been looking at townhomes around OKC, but nothing in my price range with a garage.Why can't a contractor in OKC build something similar to this?https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2...85834617_zpid/
    They do. It's called The Wheeler District.

^^^^ that community is gated and wheeler isn’t. So far wheeler has been single family homes not townhomes unless I’m confused on what the difference is between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    ^^^^ that community is gated and wheeler isn’t. So far wheeler has been single family homes not townhomes unless I’m confused on what the difference is between the two.
    That looks to be what the next level of density in Wheeler's master plan though. What is being built now is on the low end of density from what they will be building in the future phases, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by OkiePoke View Post
    I've been looking at townhomes around OKC, but nothing in my price range with a garage.

Why can't a contractor in OKC build something similar to this?

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2...85834617_zpid/
    Go look at the homes on N Mckinley and 27th. I know at least one is for sale right now.

They have done a good job with the renovated condos at Grandmark. Top quality finishes. However, it appears there are a few that either haven't been purchased (waiting for resident to die...) or just not renovated. The $599,000 condo for sale needs total renovation. The owner during the open house was a little cagey about the unfinished condos...

Grandmark Condos have a swimming pool, nice clubhouse, underground parking and an open common area. Much superior to the Sherwood Condos immediately to the south. Despite the quality, the cost for the renovated condos is over $400/SF.....

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyShack View Post
    That looks to be what the next level of density in Wheeler's master plan though. What is being built now is on the low end of density from what they will be building in the future phases, correct?
    I believe you are correct. I do wish there was a more detailed master plan of the Wheeler District.

Panda there was a report for the pud at some point in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Go look at the homes on N Mickinley and Classen. I know at least one is for sale right now.

Where exactly is this, I don't think Mickinley and Classen cross...

You are right, I should have said 27th and Mckinley.

Also I want to note that I am not affiliated with the developer or realtor at all, I just like these.

Thanks, those are nice.

That’s by Nathan and scarlet Cao. Flippers and rental owners. They do a great job. Modern by omega investments.

Thread Information